• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Called the biz manager from our dealer. Stated that our FSH 210 Yacht Blue that we ordered October 1st is allocated and is on the list to be delivered. No date on the delivery though:/
Boats that were ordered after January may have a issue. They say it’s a Yamaha issue and not the dealers. They are at the mercy of COVID and supply chains. Just my 2 cents worth.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Called the biz manager from our dealer. Stated that our FSH 210 Yacht Blue that we ordered October 1st is allocated and is on the list to be delivered. No date on the delivery though:/
Boats that were ordered after January may have a issue. They say it’s a Yamaha issue and not the dealers. They are at the mercy of COVID and supply chains. Just my 2 cents worth.
Good luck with your delivery! I hope you get it soon!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hello all. I am new to the forum so it is nice to meet everyone. I hope this information helps as I recently went through the same thing and not knowing if my ordered boat was going to come in or be cancelled.

I spoke with a customer service rep at Yamaha who was extremely helpful. I told this person about what I read on this forum and others being in the same situation as myself. He asked I write this in hopes it is helpful for others. Because of this person's help, I will be getting my boat for this season.

There is a phone number your dealer can call to find out the remaining allocations they will be getting at this point in the 2021 model year. My understanding is some dealers do not know this phone number exists. Mine did not ...

Call your dealer and tell them to go into the YDS (Yamaha Dealer System) and click on 'Contact Us'. Then, there is a phone number for 'Watercraft Unit Order Desk'. This is who your dealer needs to call to confirm the remaining allocations.

If I did not take this step I would not be getting my boat.

The dealership called me last night and turns out the boat I had on order was not going to be coming in as confirmed by the watercraft unit order desk. However, what they did confirm was that the same boat in the other color was coming in so that is the boat I will be getting.

I hope this information is helpful for those who are in the same 'boat' I was :cool:.

Stay healthy, stay safe.

Ezrider ~
Going to give this info to my dealer. Thanks

ap_abe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, been lurking here for a while getting lots of great info from the forums wanted to share another positive story.

I just put down my deposit on a black AR210 on January 11 and my dealer called me last week saying it was in. I wrapped up all the paperwork last night and will be picking it up after things thaw here in Michigan. I feel really fortunate after reading about all the cancellations here.

I bought from Leaders RPM in Kalamazoo, MI. They had 3 Yamahas on the floor yesterday: a couple of 19 footers and a 252SE. Not sure if they had others out back.They have been reasonable to work with and very communicative.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hi All, been lurking here for a while getting lots of great info from the forums wanted to share another positive story.

I just put down my deposit on a black AR210 on January 11 and my dealer called me last week saying it was in. I wrapped up all the paperwork last night and will be picking it up after things thaw here in Michigan. I feel really fortunate after reading about all the cancellations here.

I bought from Leaders RPM in Kalamazoo, MI. They had 3 Yamahas on the floor yesterday: a couple of 19 footers and a 252SE. Not sure if they had others out back.They have been reasonable to work with and very communicative.
Which 19's?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Was it an ar210 that was just delivered or they already had in stock?

ap_abe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was it an ar210 that was just delivered or they already had in stock?
It was not in stock when I started discussing with them and put down my down payment. It was on their planned order list but they didn’t have any idea when it would arrive. He guessed late Feb/early March based on what they had been seeing at the time.

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was not in stock when I started discussing with them and put down my down payment. It was on their planned order list but they didn’t have any idea when it would arrive. He guessed late Feb/early March based on what they had been seeing at the time.
Well that gives me more hope. We put ours down a couple weeks before you. We ordered the black and red as well. Hope you like it, make sure to post some pics.

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello all. I am new to the forum so it is nice to meet everyone. I hope this information helps as I recently went through the same thing and not knowing if my ordered boat was going to come in or be cancelled.

I spoke with a customer service rep at Yamaha who was extremely helpful. I told this person about what I read on this forum and others being in the same situation as myself. He asked I write this in hopes it is helpful for others. Because of this person's help, I will be getting my boat for this season.

There is a phone number your dealer can call to find out the remaining allocations they will be getting at this point in the 2021 model year. My understanding is some dealers do not know this phone number exists. Mine did not ...

Call your dealer and tell them to go into the YDS (Yamaha Dealer System) and click on 'Contact Us'. Then, there is a phone number for 'Watercraft Unit Order Desk'. This is who your dealer needs to call to confirm the remaining allocations.

If I did not take this step I would not be getting my boat.

The dealership called me last night and turns out the boat I had on order was not going to be coming in as confirmed by the watercraft unit order desk. However, what they did confirm was that the same boat in the other color was coming in so that is the boat I will be getting.

I hope this information is helpful for those who are in the same 'boat' I was :cool:.

Stay healthy, stay safe.

Ezrider ~
Thanks. I'm curious as to which boat/color and when did you put down your deposit?

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Thanks. I'm curious as to which boat/color and when did you put down your deposit?
Thank you for your message. This was all recent.

We put our deposit down on a black 212SD on January 25. I received a call last night that my black one will not be available, rather the gray and white one. Hope this help.

Gaylon2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
So who has a deposit on a 2021 Yamaha jet boat and is still patiently waiting?
Location, Florida.
just picked up a 2021 Yamaha 252S, did not have a reservation but found one on line in AL and drove from DE to get it. I love. Can't wait to get it in the water.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Thanks for info. I get the “it will be here before boating season” response. It’s very much like “free drinks tomorrow” feeling. I would really like to see Yamaha step up and bring transparency to the process. John Deere is a great example. You order a combine you can track that chasis once you have been assigned to it through the entire process. Get updates on delivery etc. In today’s manufacturing there is no reason not to provide piece of mind directly to customers that have put down money on boats. Just my thoughts coming from a manufacturing and automation background myself.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I could not agree more. In this day and age even with supply chain disruptions they should be able to at least report on %complete and have a way for people to see where in line they are and/or if their model has been cancelled for delivery in 2021. Take the stress off the dealerships and provide transparency. This would add so much ‘good will’ to the Yamaha brand.

Thanks for info. I get the “it will be here before boating season” response. It’s very much like “free drinks tomorrow” feeling. I would really like to see Yamaha step up and bring transparency to the process. John Deere is a great example. You order a combine you can track that chasis once you have been assigned to it through the entire process. Get updates on delivery etc. In today’s manufacturing there is no reason not to provide piece of mind directly to customers that have put down money on boats. Just my thoughts coming from a manufacturing and automation background myself.

Gaylon2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I agree. My dealer up here stated they where one of the largest by volume in country blah, but when I said I wanted 252 v. 212 they said they do not order high volume and I did not get a good feeling back in Aug-Sept 2020. Waited it out and saw actual boat posted 12/2020 and pulled trigger ASAP with Yamaha Dealer Special of 0 down and 0 payments for 90 days. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I agree. My dealer up here stated they where one of the largest by volume in country blah, but when I said I wanted 252 v. 212 they said they do not order high volume and I did not get a good feeling back in Aug-Sept 2020. Waited it out and saw actual boat posted 12/2020 and pulled trigger ASAP with Yamaha Dealer Special of 0 down and 0 payments for 90 days. Hope this helps.
Just curious, ‘up here’. What dealer?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, it is really helpful if folks fill out their location on their profiles. If you are privacy impaired concerned, just put the state, or the state and a nearby large city. Can't tell you how many winterization and other questions are followed by 'where are you located?'

Just a PSA. We now return you to your regularly scheduled new boat waiting...