• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Been considering trying the same.
Doesn't hurt to look around. I originally wanted the Blue anyways. Just got tired of the uncertanity, especially when i can see the water from my porch and the weather is nice right now!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi all. I'm a bit late to this conversation but I was going to post my AR195 for sale so we could move to a 212X. The dealer told me they ordered 30 boats and have seen 2. He said "If you sell, I might not have a boat for you to buy. You really got to ask yourself if you want to go boatless for a summer. I just can't guarantee I will end up with a boat here." He said they carry two other lines of boats and having the exact same issue. I guess there has been little to no response from Yamaha about when boats will arrive. Still trying to decide...do I take the chance and sell the AR195? We have 1 dealership in our state. Next closest doesn't look like they have much for inventory either. Plus all the posts about people waiting.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Skierdad I would wait till the boat comes or you find one on a lot. If it comes in, you have a deposit on it. Talk to the dealer and ask if it comes in can you have a few weeks or so to close which gives you enough time to do it, of course if the price you are selling for is inline.

Also with the time of year it is, the 2022's will be out in 6 months give or take. Just look at those at the end of the season, they will be a few bucks more of course. This way you have a win, win situation. Just my thoughts. I am thinking about the same thing.

Would stink if you miss out on a boating season.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Someone on the forum located the boat we want a few hours away.. Wil call in the am and if all works out we'll pull our current deposit and get it.

LakeErieJB129

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Deposit in OCT for 195S, supposed to arrive in Jan. Checked every 3 weeks. Nothing. Checked again yesterday, sales rep said he and GM reached out to Yamaha again, waiting for response. I got antsy, started looking, found a dealership less than 3hrs away that just received in a Blue 195S that was available. Took all but 10 min for them to run Credit, pick up Saturday. So happy, got tired of waiting, especially since weather is turning and i just paid for my Slip for the year and the lake is across the street from my house!
Did your previous dealer return your deposit?

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Hi all. I'm a bit late to this conversation but I was going to post my AR195 for sale so we could move to a 212X. The dealer told me they ordered 30 boats and have seen 2. He said "If you sell, I might not have a boat for you to buy. You really got to ask yourself if you want to go boatless for a summer. I just can't guarantee I will end up with a boat here." He said they carry two other lines of boats and having the exact same issue. I guess there has been little to no response from Yamaha about when boats will arrive. Still trying to decide...do I take the chance and sell the AR195? We have 1 dealership in our state. Next closest doesn't look like they have much for inventory either. Plus all the posts about people waiting.
Absolutely don't sell the boat. (Sidenote: Do you really want to sell a boat in ND in February?? Price down v. what you can get in APR/MAY?) Since you are in ND, call River Valley Marine in the Twin Cities. They are the largest Yamaha dealer in the Midwest. Get their pulse on what inventory is. I think you can possibly get on certain models, but forget it on others. I am just not sure what those models are. You are best to wait a year if you have something in mind instead of settling on what is available.

I picked up my 212SD in December, had on order since August. Since then their allocation has been slashed by 50%, most boats are already spoken for, some people got calls that their model wouldn't be fulfilled at all. That said, there are SOME models you might be able to grab. Feels like the bicycle season from last year. Same thing. Anyway, give them a call. I think you will get a way better gauge on what the situation is like for you vs. a smaller dealer.

Good luck!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks Mully and everyone else. I appreciate the feedback. Will probably wait it out a bit and see what happens. My boys are trying to get me to buy an old Mastercraft inboard for just skiing. Use the Yam on the weekends for surfing and wakeboarding but have that inboard nearby so we can hit a few sets in the evenings during the week.

Dave berry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So who has a deposit on a 2021 Yamaha jet boat and is still patiently waiting?
Location, Florida. I have owned 3 yam boats sold all 3 2018 new last one nice boats until u have trouble warranty is a joke best thing u can do get deposit back forget boat u will be better off

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Someone on the forum located the boat we want a few hours away.. Wil call in the am and if all works out we'll pull our current deposit and get it.
Hey Kgower: Sounds like awesome news. If it doesn't work out please let me know why and maybe I can have a shot at it. I called that lead in New Orleans and it would cost $1,300 to ship the boat up and @$1,000 more in price. Plus I might be nervous about buying over the phone. Please holla back tomorrow and let me know how it went.

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Did your previous dealer return your deposit?
Yes, returned my deposit, no issues. Just got home a few hours ago from picking up our 195S in Charleston. Love it and already online ordering stuff for it. Dealer was awesome. Threw in lots of usual stuff, Coast guard kit, anchor and even a new mooring cover. So happy at the moment!!

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after looking at threads I stumbled upon this one. I placed my money this past Saturday on a AR210 after being told the dealer had only 2 left on order. But from reading all this it’s sounds like I may be out of luck and not receiving a boat this year. Thankfully I did confirm that if it doesn’t show up until late in the season I can just opt to cancel and roll it over to a 2022 model. But that would sure be a disappointment for sure.

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So after looking at threads I stumbled upon this one. I placed my money this past Saturday on a AR210 after being told the dealer had only 2 left on order. But from reading all this it’s sounds like I may be out of luck and not receiving a boat this year. Thankfully I did confirm that if it doesn’t show up until late in the season I can just opt to cancel and roll it over to a 2022 model. But that would sure be a disappointment for sure.
Good to have a deposit in, but doesnt hurt to keep looking around. I happened to stumble upon my boat. Just came into dealer with "No Hold" on it and i swooped down and purchased it the next day. Best of Luck!

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone interested in a 2021 210 FSH, a salesman from Texas Marine in Beaumont, TX just called asking me if I wanted to buy it. It was just shipped and on ground at one of their dealerships. Reason I didn't buy it was he quoted me over $60,000 out the door which is a few thousand over what my local dealer quoted me on the one I have a deposit on.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone interested in a 2021 210 FSH, a salesman from Texas Marine in Beaumont, TX just called asking me if I wanted to buy it. It was just shipped and on ground at one of their dealerships. Reason I didn't buy it was he quoted me over $60,000 out the door which is a few thousand over what my local dealer quoted me on the one I have a deposit on.
What were all the additional charges?

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Breakdown as follows: 210 FSH MSRP w/ shipping fee included is around $54,200 Doc fee is $175. Prep fee is $695. My TT&L for my zip code is $5200. There are no other options added to the boat.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Breakdown as follows: 210 FSH MSRP w/ shipping fee included is around $54,200 Doc fee is $175. Prep fee is $695. My TT&L for my zip code is $5200. There are no other options added to the boat.
Wow 😳 $5200 TTL!