• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come next door to Texas. No electricity to speak of, but lower taxes...

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Come next door to Texas. No electricity to speak of, but lower taxes...
I'm from Texas. Wife wanted to live in Louisiana after we both retired from the military. I feel your pain about the electricity. Had no power for 18 days due to Hurricane Laura. Hope you all are back up soon.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually (and sorry for the diversion), we were only out of power for about 12 hours (and I have a generator, so for us it was about 15 seconds). There is a little corner of east Texas that is on the grid with Louisiana and goes up to Manitoba. We are on that. Similarly there is a little spot in El Paso that is not on the Texas grid. So friends/family in Houston proper were without power (some for a week). We took in refugees...

But now everyone is back up. :)

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I'm from Texas. Wife wanted to live in Louisiana after we both retired from the military. I feel your pain about the electricity. Had no power for 18 days due to Hurricane Laura. Hope you all are back up soon.
"Hey, let's retire near Folk Polk! I love that place."
Said no person. Ever. Hahaha.

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was contacted by my dealer. He says my 210 FSH will be shipped on April 2nd and he should get it the following week. Anyone else have any updates on theirs?

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! Interested to hear about your review of your FSH. I'm headed to Galveston Island in June maybe I'll see you out on the water.
I’ll post a review in the next couple of weeks. It’s a pretty good sized boat. Plenty of power. More details to come!

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And....Boom! Got the call today... Yamaha set my delivery date! March 27th is the ETA for my AR250! So stoked! Summertime can’t get here fast enough.

Deposit placed end of October. So excited!!!

got some other news as well as I asked about what they were seeing.

My salesman said he got to make 3 calls today... other 2 were canceled orders - sucks to hear that. They were both D models he said most of their Drive models are getting canceled due to lack of Drive parts. 1 switched and got their last Cobalt R6 (at a $60k bump in price) and other guy got nothing- the D was on order since August.

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hi all.

I have an update since my initial post regarding the 212 SD I had a deposit on. Long story short, for those who did not see my initial post, the boat I had a deposit on ended up getting canceled. However, my dealer confirmed another one was coming in just in a different color which of course I was perfectly OK with.

Then, a few weeks later I get a call that one got canceled as well. Naturally, my fiancé and I were very upset as we were very excited to go boating this summer. This is our first boat ...

With luck, we called another dealer a couple hours away from where we live and they had one 252S coming in and they were sure of it. I was of course skeptical due to what I had already experienced with two cancellations. However, I gave the deposit and one week later I got the call it had arrived. Paperwork is done and we are picking it up next Tuesday.

😎4CD6C164-75FD-411E-BDE8-FDD654C2457E.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I feel bad for everyone in this thread still waiting. We went to our dealer, they had 3 252s in stock. Put a deposit down and bought it a month later. The stress came from them following up every week to make sure we were buying it.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Hi all.

I have an update since my initial post regarding the 212 SD I had a deposit on. Long story short, for those who did not see my initial post, the boat I had a deposit on ended up getting canceled. However, my dealer confirmed another one was coming in just in a different color which of course I was perfectly OK with.

Then, a few weeks later I get a call that one got canceled as well. Naturally, my fiancé and I were very upset as we were very excited to go boating this summer. This is our first boat ...

With luck, we called another dealer a couple hours away from where we live and they had one 252S coming in and they were sure of it. I was of course skeptical due to what I had already experienced with two cancellations. However, I gave the deposit and one week later I got the call it had arrived. Paperwork is done and we are picking it up next Tuesday.

😎View attachment 144602
What a bummer on not getting the Drive system. But great news on landing the 252S! Congrats!

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Thank you!

Yes, I know what you mean and that was a decision I took a half day to think about, as this is all the time I had before the 252S would have went to someone else.

I weighed the options, even with getting an SE. There were none (SE/SD) available as well as any 212 series. Please keep in mind I did not do any extensive research, and ended up with the 252S. I did not want to take a chance doing research and finding out I can not get anything and also missing out on the 252S that was available.

I decided the drive system, push button stop/start and drive by wire was not enough for me to not get a boat and wait for next year. Personally, those are things I can do without.

Just happy we were able to get a nice boat so we can enjoy this boating season.

Wheelspin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
You made the right call. On your new boat in the water, you won't for one second be wondering how nice it would be if your were sitting at home looking at a brochure for a boat with a different option that you should possibly get someday.

(And you certainly won't be sorry for the better ride and more room on this one either.)