• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@Drag Called the dealer, it is a 252SD and it is under deposit.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 195 fsh sport finally arrived and completed the sale yesterday. I ordered in August and was supposed to arrive in a couple of weeks..... lol Not much I can do with it in Jan (here in PA) other than look at it. They had several other yamahas in stock that arrived that week. A 252se on the showroom floor which was an amazing boat but my 195 will be good to start with.

Pauly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still waiting on my AR 195! put a deposit down in September. Dealer say Yamaha tells them three days in advance before shipping. Watching You tube and getting excited. hope I get it before March ;) or at all :oops:

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Just put a deposit down on a 255XE (Jan 9th). Really hope to be on the water by March or April 🤞.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@Slant555 Hope you get it in the time frame the dealer referenced. Was at a boat show Friday and the sales rep from our dealer said they were unlikely to receive any of the larger boats this year.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yikes... my sales guy said they got some XD’s in this past week. I’m #2 in line for the XE...hope your intel was wrong. I will be super bummed if I can’t get out on the lake this summer 😒

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Yikes... my sales guy said they got some XD’s in this past week. I’m #2 in line for the XE...hope your intel was wrong. I will be super bummed if I can’t get out on the lake this summer 😒
Hope he's wrong also. Our boat has been on pre-order since August and on deposit since black Friday. Hoping to see it be mid March.

Mr-Will

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ordered my 2021 Yamaha 195S suede gray back in September 2020 it’s now January 18, 2021 and I’m still waiting.

Carlosralph

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Put a deposit down in October on an SX210...still waiting, but the dealer does seem to be getting a few boats in each week

nikkoUM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered my AR190 over the holiday break from a dealer in South Florida. Im purchasing an order that they had already placed a few months back. Spoke to today and they said they got in some center consoles and a couple of 27 footers. No update on mine. Not in a rush but check in every two weeks or so.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered my AR190 over the holiday break from a dealer in South Florida. Im purchasing an order that they had already placed a few months back. Spoke to today and they said they got in some center consoles and a couple of 27 footers. No update on mine. Not in a rush but check in every two weeks or so.
1611083023493.gif

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check ride now in Jacksonville they had a couple in stock

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just saw on the Yamaha FB page someone saying their dealer has told them Yamaha cancelled the dealer's order for several boats because they weren't going to be able to fulfill them. If true, this could be terrible news for lots of folks with boats still on order. Not to sound alarmist, but for those that have orders in with their dealers, you may want to contact them to find out if they've heard anything from Yamaha as your boats may be in jeopardy of never being delivered to your dealer.

For those that haven't seen this before, this is how the process of ordering a Yamaha boat typically works (as explained to me; someone please chime in if you understand it differently): dealers place their orders with Yamaha for the entire year at the beginning of the model year season (August-ish) and then Yamaha delivers those boats to the dealer as they're made throughout the year. The dealers allocate those boats to their customers--sometimes those boats are pre-sold (aka pre-ordered) and sometimes they're not and just go into dealer stock until they sell. But they key point is we as customers are strictly buying boats from our dealers which they have purchased from Yamaha; we are not actually placing orders directly with Yamaha. Therefore, if Yamaha doesn't deliver as many boats to the dealers as the dealers originally ordered, the dealers may find themselves in the position of never receiving boats they have already pre-sold to customers (i.e. customers may have pre-ordered their boat from their dealer months ago and still not actually get a boat this year).

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just saw on the Yamaha FB page someone saying their dealer has told them Yamaha cancelled the dealer's order for several boats because they weren't going to be able to fulfill them. If true, this could be terrible news for lots of folks with boats still on order. Not to sound alarmist, but for those that have orders in with their dealers, you may want to contact them to find out if they've heard anything from Yamaha as your boats may be in jeopardy of never being delivered to your dealer.

For those that haven't seen this before, this is how the process of ordering a Yamaha boat typically works (as explained to me; someone please chime in if you understand it differently): dealers place their orders with Yamaha for the entire year at the beginning of the model year season (August-ish) and then Yamaha delivers those boats to the dealer as they're made throughout the year. The dealers allocate those boats to their customers--sometimes those boats are pre-sold (aka pre-ordered) and sometimes they're not and just go into dealer stock until they sell. But they key point is we as customers are strictly buying boats from our dealers which they have purchased from Yamaha; we are not actually placing orders directly with Yamaha. Therefore, if Yamaha doesn't deliver as many boats to the dealers as the dealers originally ordered, the dealers may find themselves in the position of never receiving boats they have already pre-sold to customers (i.e. customers may have pre-ordered their boat from their dealer months ago and still not actually get a boat this year).
I actually heard that boats that have been ordered will be fulfilled. Showroom boats are a different story though. Just hearsay!!!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I actually heard that boats that have been ordered will be fulfilled. Showroom boats are a different story though. Just hearsay!!!
Hope you're right, but the person that posted on FB said Yamaha cancelled the delivery of 18 boats to his dealer, including his pre-order. Also just hearsay at this point, hopefully some more official info will come out soon.

Streetcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Spoke to our dealer in Dallas today. I was told that Yamaha has promised to deliver all boats that were pre-ordered by them. I put a deposit down on a 210 FSH in August, changed that to a 252 FSH in October when they were announced. He called today to let me know they have no info other than that. I am starting to wonder if I'll ever see my new boat.

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

my dealer did say “they haven’t cancelled your order so your boat should still be coming “

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered my AR190 in July, 20th I think, and it came in Dec 22nd. i couldn't pick it up until after the holidays but thats the arrival date at the dealer. Not sure if that helps as that was close to the start of them releasing the 2021's early, and my understanding was they were only doing the 19 ft at the time. there may of been a longer list of people later.

Also someone on here said there are lots of pretty much finished boats sitting there waiting on a single part do to a break down in supply. So perhaps at some point, if they fix that, a whole slew of boats will suddenly be getting delivered.