• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
just picked up 252se, radio is absolutly crap will need a full overhaul and a couple of things that need fixing

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just picked up 252se, radio is absolutly crap will need a full overhaul and a couple of things that need fixing
What was wrong with yours?

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Few screws are strip small crack in front of where the push buttom switches are the wet sound audio is absolutly garbage, everything is coming out need to find replacement for the head unit, when i come back from vegas ill go over it carefully. Didnt have to wait it was already in stock and was price match.

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I feared, it looks like quality issues are beginning to show up in the midst of all these manufacturing delays. Great year to buy a boat eh? I am now a few days away from my 5 month mark on the wait list, with no end in sight. Since it seems the 19 footers have been delayed the most out of any model, I feel I will have to examine extensively for defects, if the boat ever does arrive. Well done Yamaha.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@cracker499 I have the same concerns regarding quality control during the current environment. Going to try to negotiate an extended warranty.

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@cracker499 I have the same concerns regarding quality control during the current environment. Going to try to negotiate an extended warranty.
Same here. Makes sense to take every precaution at this point.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good idea... I'll be doing the same, hopefully we do get a boat sometimes soon heh?

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pick mine up as planned. Turns out when they were doing the prep/cleaning they discovered what was originally thought to be dust was actually overspray of some kind all over the top deck/windshield. It wasn't going to come off in time for me to take it home. The dealer called me prior to my picking her up and explained the situation. Since i'm close I drove in anyway to see it in person.

They explained that it seems as if the windshields are the major reason for the Yamaha backlog. Apparently the boats are fully assembled minus the windshields and put in storage. Once the windshields come in each boat goes back thru the assembly line to install the windshield and they think this is where the overspray happened because its on the top deck only and on the outside of the windshield.

They apologized for this and will be removing the overspray and throwing in a polish/wax job on the whole boat for my troubles. Should be ready midweek for me to pickup. Again, cant say enough good things about Cycle Springs and their service.

As far as boats on the lot, I saw 2 FSH 21's, they both seemed spoken for because one was being prepped and the other was in the customer pick up area. 1 AR210 also already sold being prepped for pickup. Several 25's still covered up but couldn't see any 21's other than the AR210.

They did say they are expecting another shipment in Jan, but not sure what models on that one yet. Seems as if the windshield issues might be close to being done with and boats should start moving.

Will try and give another update when I swing by sometime this week.
I think its good that they are correcting it, my concern is how did something that obvious make it out of the production lot? is there zero quality control? If they are missing things that visible, what are they missing not visible? I am now more concerned than I was.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think its good that they are correcting it, my concern is how did something that obvious make it out of the production lot? is there zero quality control? If they are missing things that visible, what are they missing not visible? I am now more concerned than I was.
Yeah, I agree. When they took off the shipping cover we thought it was dust from transport or from sitting around etc. So it was obvious, especially on the windshield and the darker surfaces.

The only thing that makes any sense is that when the boat was originally put together maybe QC passed minus missing items. Boat went into storage lot waiting on missing part and then was rushed thru some sort of assembly line again to add items and QC was left out of that process. The fact that windshields were one of the items causing a backlog and the overspray is on the windshield sort of suggests that theory.

My build date says Nov so not much time sitting around I would guess. Either way, it does raise cause for concern on rest of boat.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I agree. When they took off the shipping cover we thought it was dust from transport or from sitting around etc. So it was obvious, especially on the windshield and the darker surfaces.

The only thing that makes any sense is that when the boat was originally put together maybe QC passed minus missing items. Boat went into storage lot waiting on missing part and then was rushed thru some sort of assembly line again to add items and QC was left out of that process. The fact that windshields were one of the items causing a backlog and the overspray is on the windshield sort of suggests that theory.

My build date says Nov so not much time sitting around I would guess. Either way, it does raise cause for concern on rest of boat.
see my thinking would be, the overspray tells you the windows were on the boat when they were finishing upright? I dont know the full process, but spraying the coat on the boat would have to be during the final process right?

I dont know, but highly visible things like that make me nervous, people point out things on vehicles like a little overspray on the side of the door as a bad thing, but I can see where that could be missed as its inside and not super visible, but yours was all over, and two others have stated they had the same problem?

i mean its under warranty, but that doesnt help if your left in the middle of a lake on an afternoon you were planning on having fun and now cant have the boat for however long while they correct the flaws.

Guess we will see, every manufacturer has those lemon years where they went cheap or pushed stuff out to fast or cut the QC on supplies and final build. 2020 has all the ear marks for that potentially happening, rush to get them out, supply issues, reduction in manpower due to covid, etc.

Lets hope to dodge that bullet.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The fiberglass and gel coat are the first processes in making the boat. The windshield would have been later on after the two halves come together and the interior starts getting finished out.

These are older videos but the same process applies today...

My guess is it was polishing compound residue as the boats get a final polish and detail after everyone has had their hands on it during assembly and before it gets shipped.

Last edited:

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I picked up my 252SD today. I was #2 on the 252SD deposit list. First 252SD arrived at my dealer mid Oct and mine arrived last week of Dec. My dealer has a 252SE and a 252S on the show floor. The 252SE is the second one my dealer has received. 3479F657-B0EB-4113-B916-A7271374A408.jpeg

BRosen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat! 👏 Congrats

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looks great.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally picked mine up yesterday. Dealer fixed all issues that were present when first delivered. Overspray is gone and everything was cleaned including the screen. Tested everything I could think of at dealer and so far found no issues with loose screws or missing parts. Will go over it with a fine tooth comb this weekend before taking it to storage site. Cycle Springs were great to work with during this whole time. I was kept up to date by the sales person during the whole process.

Quick question for owners of previous years, was the gas fill this far up the boat in previous years? I always thought it was more towards the back of the boat around the base of the tower. That sucker is high up on the boat when standing next to it.

2021-AR250.jpg

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just received an email from my sales rep at our dealership. They received 4 boats recently including 2 today. Unfortunately not ours. The 2 today were a 19' FSH and a 252. Boasts seem to be shipping with more frequency.

Last edited:

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just received an email from my sales rep at our dealership. They received 4 boats recently including 2 today. Unfortunately not ours. They 2 today was a 19' FSH and a 252. Boasts seem to be shipping with more frequency.
Was that a 252 fsh?

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I picked up my 252SD today. I was #2 on the 252SD deposit list. First 252SD arrived at my dealer mid Oct and mine arrived last week of Dec. My dealer has a 252SE and a 252S on the show floor. The 252SE is the second one my dealer has received. View attachment 139840
Wow. Congratulations. I am awaiting the same boat. Awesome choice. I ordered in October. We still have a few months of winter ahead of us but super happy to see them shipping ! Enjoy!!!!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Was that a 252 fsh?
The sales rep didn't specify which model just 252. I will see the dealer at the Fredericksburg VA boat show next weekend, I can ask then and let you know.

Last edited: