• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And karma bites them in the a$$... our dealer called us today. The guy they sold our boat to, out from under us, didn’t go through with the deal and asked if we were still interested (still oblivious we had a presale and deposit on it already with a different sales person)... lol what chumps. We told them to take a hike. That’s what you get for playing games.
I hear you man. Up until this point, Yamaha did make the best and probably most affordable watercraft. In all fairness, these manufacturing issues are not unique to Yamaha right now, but the dealer experience is often infuriating. I've had to take my grievances to the manager at this point, who has at least done a better job in explaining communications between Yamaha and the dealers, or lack thereof. I suppose nothing good was ever going to happen in 2020. Even the people that were lucky enough to get their boats had to shelve them for the winter. I'm in Tampa and was looking forward to a fall and winter of potential boating. Now I'm just living in my fantasy waiting room, while still paying for an empty dry slip. Yay.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I hear you man. Up until this point, Yamaha did make the best and probably most affordable watercraft. In all fairness, these manufacturing issues are not unique to Yamaha right now, but the dealer experience is often infuriating. I've had to take my grievances to the manager at this point, who has at least done a better job in explaining communications between Yamaha and the dealers, or lack thereof. I suppose nothing good was ever going to happen in 2020. Even the people that were lucky enough to get their boats had to shelve them for the winter. I'm in Tampa and was looking forward to a fall and winter of potential boating. Now I'm just living in my fantasy waiting room, while still paying for an empty dry slip. Yay.
Yup we’re in Fort Lauderdale, so plenty of other options down here. I agree the boat is great for the money comparatively but I’m just not gonna play these games or give these people my money anymore. I have a feeling in 2 yrs there will be a flood of 2021 boats on the used market from people that thought they wanted a boat during Covid, and will be able to pick up with a significant discount. We actually joined a boat club this week instead. Their dock is a 5 min bike ride from our house and they allow overnights. Our dues are the same what our storage costs on the Yam would of been. So until whatever the heck is going on cools off, I think the club will be better for us. Once my deposit is back in my account I’ll call these jokers out.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, boat arrived yesterday afternoon to the dealer from Yamaha. Drove over this AM and it was still wrapped in the shipping cover with tower down etc. Hadn't been setup yet, still dusty from factory and trip. Signed paperwork and I am the new owner of a 2021 AR250 in Blue/Blue. Dealer is setting it up for me and I will pick it up on Sat. They are saving for me the shipping cover and the tower shipping brackets. No wiggle room on price unfortunately, I tried but no budging. Giving me the standard coast guard kit, dock lines, anchor, bumpers etc... for "free". I wanted to see if they would throw in a cover but they wouldn't. They did offer me 50% off but there is a backlog of shipping covers according to them, so they had none in stock.

To be honest, for both my wave runner and now the boat, they were on the spot with timelines and checking in with me periodically. Have no complaints, except for no budging on price, lol. But that is everywhere so it is what it is.
If you are curious, I bought both from Cycle Springs and the sales man was Trent, no complaints on the experience.

Gonna order the new vectors from JPB and some other miscellaneous things here and there. Cant wait to take her out on her maiden voyage.

Skip206

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well, boat arrived yesterday afternoon to the dealer from Yamaha. Drove over this AM and it was still wrapped in the shipping cover with tower down etc. Hadn't been setup yet, still dusty from factory and trip. Signed paperwork and I am the new owner of a 2021 AR250 in Blue/Blue. Dealer is setting it up for me and I will pick it up on Sat. They are saving for me the shipping cover and the tower shipping brackets. No wiggle room on price unfortunately, I tried but no budging. Giving me the standard coast guard kit, dock lines, anchor, bumpers etc... for "free". I wanted to see if they would throw in a cover but they wouldn't. They did offer me 50% off but there is a backlog of shipping covers according to them, so they had none in stock.

To be honest, for both my wave runner and now the boat, they were on the spot with timelines and checking in with me periodically. Have no complaints, except for no budging on price, lol. But that is everywhere so it is what it is.
If you are curious, I bought both from Cycle Springs and the sales man was Trent, no complaints on the experience.

Gonna order the new vectors from JPB and some other miscellaneous things here and there. Cant wait to take her out on her maiden voyage.
Do you know what other boats came in with yours? Cycle Springs is where I made my deposit. Been waiting since Sept.

Last edited:

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know what other boats came in with yours? Cycle Springs is where I made my deposit. Been waiting since Sept.
They just got a shipment in on Wed and they were all covered up so hard to tell. I was so syked to see mine that i was walking to their boat storage area with blinders on, focusing on mine unfortunately. But, it seems to be a mix of 25 and 21 footers. I don't recall any FSH's on the lot though.

I'm going back tomorrow to pick mine up. I will get more info on what they have on the lot and maybe take pics if they let me.

Skip206

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They just got a shipment in on Wed and they were all covered up so hard to tell. I was so syked to see mine that i was walking to their boat storage area with blinders on, focusing on mine unfortunately. But, it seems to be a mix of 25 and 21 footers. I don't recall any FSH's on the lot though.

I'm going back tomorrow to pick mine up. I will get more info on what they have on the lot and maybe take pics if they let me.
Sounds good thanks. Waiting on a 212s

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Congrats on your new boat!

Pricing is set by Yamaha to keep the sales between dealers equal.

Did you right by including the USCG kit...

50% off on a $900 cover is pretty significant! Perhaps order the Yamaha one and in the meantime get an Empire cheapie to use for the time being and when it’s just going sit in the sun to make the Yamaha one last longer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From my understanding, if the boat isn't available where you are located any dealership can sell to you. We have sold many customers out of state models they could not find elsewhere because of the stock we usually receive.
I had no issues buying my Yamaha boat out of state. I called the out of state dealer to verify they had the boat I wanted, then put in a deposit. When the time came I drove there, test drove the boat, did the paperwork, they pulled the boat just past the state line, and I pulled it home from there. Easy Peasey.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW,

looks like River Valley marine has some in stock, bow riders and FSH models. Talk to Kyle Price. Tell him FSH 210 Sport sent you.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pricing is set by Yamaha to keep the sales between dealers equal.
That isn't entirely correct. They set MSRP/Price that is all, the dealer can sell it below MSRP if they wish. When we got ours last May it was significantly under MSRP, OTD. Dealers can change their spread or may have other incentives which allow them to come down. Whether or not they do or not is another story, especially right now.

Once the Pandemic is past and inventory starts stacking up for both new and used boat buyers should see better pricing.

Last edited:

Joe_C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is kinda crazy that I have had a deposit and sales agreement since August on a 195 fsh sport in PA and can't get one to ship yet there are a few just sitting in showrooms around the country. Why would yamaha ship an unsold boat to a dealer while making a confirmed order with yamaha
financing in place wait. so frustrating....

FWIW,

looks like River Valley marine has some in stock, bow riders and FSH models. Talk to Kyle Price. Tell him FSH 210 Sport sent you.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is kinda crazy that I have had a deposit and sales agreement since August on a 195 fsh sport in PA and can't get one to ship yet there are a few just sitting in showrooms around the country. Why would yamaha ship an unsold boat to a dealer while making a confirmed order with yamaha
financing in place wait. so frustrating....
Seems to me that these dealerships ordered these boats ahead of time, to sell. I can also see why they would want to hold them at their dealerships, especially now. If this industry is like other industries each dealer has to buy the boats from Yamaha so these boats are not unsold so to speak. Not to mention supply chains had a huge knot put in them this year, as such Yamaha is at the mercy of the suppliers for parts and information.

When I bought mine this year I found the boat I wanted, looked on line as there none in my area, found RVM on line called and talked to Kyle about the boat, pricing etc... Kyle was super nice and informative and we arrived at an OTD price. I thanked him for his time and said I would get back to him in a day or two. I slept on it and called back the next day and put down a deposit to hold the boat for me. I made the 1300 mile round trip to go and get the boat. I did the financing through RVM, got a good rate and term that worked with my budget. I had given them all the info they needed to get me per approved for a loan. After my test drive I sat down with Tommy and we squared everything away for financing. The next morning I headed back home with my new boat. Two days later I had the boat registered and was on the water.

Seems to me if you want a boat and RVM has it why not just get it from them? I know that RVM delivers boats all over the country for customers. More thank likely you are not legally committed to the deal you have made since they haven’t produced the product.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealers can sell their boat to another dealer. They did that when I bought my 192 since there were none at my local dealer. They bought it from an out of state Mississippi dealer which they then sold to me.

if you find another boat you like at another dealer, talk to your local dealer and see if they would buy it and turn it around for you.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yea and even to add to this, they dont even have to have it in stock. Dealers can swap orders as well even once the boat is in production. My dealership had a black 275 on order and was 1/2 built. I wanted the black cherry so they swapped orders from a dealer in another state. They took the black one and mine took the cherry one.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good thanks. Waiting on a 212s
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pick mine up as planned. Turns out when they were doing the prep/cleaning they discovered what was originally thought to be dust was actually overspray of some kind all over the top deck/windshield. It wasn't going to come off in time for me to take it home. The dealer called me prior to my picking her up and explained the situation. Since i'm close I drove in anyway to see it in person.

They explained that it seems as if the windshields are the major reason for the Yamaha backlog. Apparently the boats are fully assembled minus the windshields and put in storage. Once the windshields come in each boat goes back thru the assembly line to install the windshield and they think this is where the overspray happened because its on the top deck only and on the outside of the windshield.

They apologized for this and will be removing the overspray and throwing in a polish/wax job on the whole boat for my troubles. Should be ready midweek for me to pickup. Again, cant say enough good things about Cycle Springs and their service.

As far as boats on the lot, I saw 2 FSH 21's, they both seemed spoken for because one was being prepped and the other was in the customer pick up area. 1 AR210 also already sold being prepped for pickup. Several 25's still covered up but couldn't see any 21's other than the AR210.

They did say they are expecting another shipment in Jan, but not sure what models on that one yet. Seems as if the windshield issues might be close to being done with and boats should start moving.

Will try and give another update when I swing by sometime this week.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pick mine up as planned. Turns out when they were doing the prep/cleaning they discovered what was originally thought to be dust was actually overspray of some kind all over the top deck/windshield. It wasn't going to come off in time for me to take it home. The dealer called me prior to my picking her up and explained the situation. Since i'm close I drove in anyway to see it in person.

They explained that it seems as if the windshields are the major reason for the Yamaha backlog. Apparently the boats are fully assembled minus the windshields and put in storage. Once the windshields come in each boat goes back thru the assembly line to install the windshield and they think this is where the overspray happened because its on the top deck only and on the outside of the windshield.

They apologized for this and will be removing the overspray and throwing in a polish/wax job on the whole boat for my troubles. Should be ready midweek for me to pickup. Again, cant say enough good things about Cycle Springs and their service.

As far as boats on the lot, I saw 2 FSH 21's, they both seemed spoken for because one was being prepped and the other was in the customer pick up area. 1 AR210 also already sold being prepped for pickup. Several 25's still covered up but couldn't see any 21's other than the AR210.

They did say they are expecting another shipment in Jan, but not sure what models on that one yet. Seems as if the windshield issues might be close to being done with and boats should start moving.

Thanks for the update!!! Let’s see some pics when you pick it up!

Skip206

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

That’s good that they are making it right. That makes me feel better about using them. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1WetBoat My boat has this same over spray. Only I didn’t find until I brought the boat home 😕. Did you take a picture would love to see if it’s the same

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@1WetBoat My boat has this same over spray. Only I didn’t find until I brought the boat home 😕. Did you take a picture would love to see if it’s the same
It blended into the color of the top deck, you cant really see it if you're not looking for it or unless you run your hand on the surface. It feels rough, not smooth like the sides of the boat. On the windshield its kind of hazy as you can see in the pics. On Pic #2 you can see the front windshield is where they removed it and the back portion still has it on. According to them, they had to scrape the windshield with a plastic scraper to get it off.

Windshield-01.jpg

Windshielf-02.jpg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: Cycle Springs has been great with updates. Unfortunately not always good ones, lol.

They haven't had good luck getting the overspray removed via normal means. They had their Marine body shop guy take a look and it's actual white paint overspray that is on the surfaces, not polishing compound as we originally thought it might have been. The other catch is that its all over the Connext screen and the body shop is concerned that it cant be removed from the screen without damaging it. Yamaha is coming to take a look at it on Thursday AM and will most likely replace it. Once Yamaha is done they will take the boat to the body shop where they will work on the overspray. As of right now we're looking at next weekend more than likely for me to pick it up.

Both Cycle Springs and Yamaha have been great to work with so far.