• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

I am convinced that there is no rhyme or reason to what boats are finished/shipped at Yamaha. In the above, you see recent deliveries of both 19 and 21 ft hulls and different engines. Also none are particularly high margin boats (relative to the respective Yamaha lines). Puzzling.

Well I know its very frustrating waiting on these boats I have had 3 different ship dates on an AR195 and have still yet to see the boat. Today I am thankful I had a very fortunate change of events. My dealer calls me and says well Ive got good news and bad news, your ship date changed again. I also have some potential good news he said I have a new 195S sitting on the show room floor ready to go the previous buyers financing fell through do you want it? I said hell yes I’m on my way! So we made the deal and brought it home today. Hang in there you never know what might happen

Got a call from my dealer. Our boat's status has been updated to 'TBD' for us too. Apparently this is the status just before shipping. Also their Yamaha rep told them that all 2021 boats ordered that are still in the system and not previously cancelled should be TBD now, and they are now committing to delivery before 2nd week in July. (must be related to plant shut down for model year change over). Late but crossing fingers...

I can tell you that it's crazy stuff. Anyone who blames the dealership is just not realistic. I've worked for Ford motor company for over 20 years and I can tell you this is a different time. We can't hardly get new vehicle's. When I left today I counted 25 new vehicle's. With that being said I'm full of excitement that I may be able to get my white AR210 this weekend. It's at the dealership, just doing inspection and so on, but I've known it's been ready to ship for about 2 weeks. Hang up had been a captains chair that was waiting for a shipment of them, dumb as it sounds but this is the same stuff we deal with in the car Industry. Best I can say to everyone out there is please be patient with your dealer, I guarantee they want to get you that new boat to. These are different time's we live in. I've never seen such a shortage of part's as it has been lately.

Last edited:
I knew it, and it now makes sense. I thought it might be upholstery, but to hear it is captains chairs makes complete sense. I'm waiting on a 195S which has two captain's chairs, and the ones we've seen delivered have been bench seat models.

So my daughter had a horse show in east TN this weekend and we took a detour to the Yammy plant. The lots are totally full of boats. Unfortunately for me no blue AR250s (white tower) in sight. As a side note, Mastercraft had nearly zero boats on their lot, but Sea Ray looked full as well.

Yam 3.jpgYam 2.jpgYam 1.jpg

Wow! You know how to wet an appetite! Could you discern any white towered 19ft boats?

Thanks for sharing! The unknown is these could have been like this for months but they are waiting for screens, windows, seats, etc. I hope they start moving these boats

But that is catch with the 2022's. If they can't get the parts to finalize these, not sure how they plan on getting out any 2022's in the near future. I really want to see what is going to happen to the 21' footers.

Plus here is the other rub. If they start to make the 2022's who is going to want to buy a 2021, unless for color, for MSRP?

Wow! You know how to wet an appetite! Could you discern any white towered 19ft boats?
Man I couldn't find a white tower anywhere and that's exactly what I was looking for. That part of the trip was a bit of a downer for me. The security guard did tell me they were loading a couple of trucks of boats (again on a Sunday). It looked to me like they were about totally out of on-premise space to park more boats. To complicate things more, I have a close friend who owns a trucking company here in TN and he said "I've got way more jobs than we can handle and it's about impossible to find drivers."

Plus here is the other rub. If they start to make the 2022's who is going to want to buy a 2021, unless for color, for MSRP?
Agreed. 2022s are going to be interesting. Do they have to repaint the 2021 they have in the lot :). I would then assume no changes from 2021 to 2022. Maybe they just change the sticker on the 2021 to 2022 to you have the extra year :oops:. Like most people as long as I get a boat I'll be happy. Also happy (hoping) getting a new boat vs an old boat for the same price or in most cases more

Odd question here but I wonder if these current boats sitting in the lot have already been given spec sheets/serial numbers and do they have to register with some sort of agency? if so, those boats might all have submitted documentation listing them as 2021 boats and therefore cannot be changed to 2022. It would essential be like me trying to go into the DMV and getting my title for my truck changed from 2019 to 2020. No way that is happening as the serial number is already recorded as a 2019 (even if they are the same make, model, style).

They do. They should all have their HIN's

I'm trying to make out the tower outlines for these boats, and it is not making sense. almost looks like these either have a fixed canopy or have a fixed bimini attached to the tower that rotates as they are raised. Based on the 2021 product line, it would make these boats either FHS's or 25 footers. Does anyone know if the 19 and 21 footers without fixed bimini's come with a shipping cover completely covering the tower? The tower definitely folds below the windshield as you can see in this picture.1623694640401.png

Ok. Here is a 21ft (AR210) side by side with a 25 footer in the background - both with shipping covers. Notice that the shipping cover is different for boats without a fixed bimini canopy. I suspect that even AR250's have shipping covers arranged this way because they lack a bimini canopy. Maybe we don't need to worry so much about the lack of visible white towers.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpeg
    IMG_0101.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Ok. Here is a 21 ft side by side with a 25 footer in the background - both with shipping covers. Notice that the shipping cover is different for boats without a fixed bimini canopy. Maybe we don't need to worry so much about the lack of visible white towers.
Dr Phil! You are an outstanding therapist! It all makes sense now. Dammit! You give me hope again. I didn't even look close enough to see the other boats were the ones with the premium biminis. I suppose Yamaha would have me arrested if I showed back up on the next trip with a drone :)

Oh a drone! I'd nearly give a right arm (maybe just a left?) for a few drone shots. If I'm requesting, maybe a few very low still pictures and a video pass? Maybe if you flew it in from a block or two away, they wouldn't notice?

Oh a drone! I'd nearly give a right arm (maybe just a left?) for a few drone shots. If I'm requesting, maybe a few very low still pictures and a video pass? Maybe if you flew it in from a block or two away, they wouldn't notice?
The security guard at the gate was a pretty nice guy. He'd probably fly it for me just for the thrill. I do stop myself here and think what this thing has done to me. I actually drove an hour round trip out of the way just to look through the fence of a manufacturing plant so I can maybe hold on to hope that the boat I paid MSRP for actually gets delivered. Surely the people on here understand the neurosis.

Back