• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Congrats! Buckeye is awesome... enjoy the boat! I will be up this weekend - Sandusky Bay area - Saturday looks great for some sandbar time.

They were great to work with. We will hopefully be out some during the week and maybe Sunday...dance recital weekend for our daughter, so the boat will not be moving during that time lol

I really hope they figure it out. They are leaving a lot of buyers high and dry. Hopefully they go into August for the 2021 models. Fingers still ??
Same as every other industry, Ford,etc. Not really their fault, for the sake of buyers I hope they figure it out too

Communication is king. That is what I'm disappointed in. Lack of honest communication with at least those who have money down, orders still open that they haven't cancelled, etc. I fully understand the problem as I have a hardware issue waiting on equipment. I do get it. However, they could communicate what is going on.

When are they switching to 2022?
What boats are being assembled this week?
What boats are being assembled next week?
How many boats can they build a week?
Are they running one, two, three shifts?
What boats are done and waiting on what part or parts?
What is the vision and strategy to get done with 2021 and move to 2022?
Are they done with some models for 2021?
How can they double shipping the boats as they get done to get them to clients faster?
Maybe offer a thanks for waiting for those who have waited for 5, 6, 8, 10 months?

Instead of a YouTube video saying sorry by the President, how about a weekly video stating what you are doing and what the plan is?

I'm still not cancelled, but keep asking myself if the boat arrives in July, do I just want to punt with 2022s coming out around the corner?

I'm still not cancelled, but keep asking myself if the boat arrives in July, do I just want to punt with 2022s coming out around the corner?

Tough call. There are people who don't have their boats from last summer/fall they ordered for 2021's.

Wouldn't put too much stock in what dealers are telling you for shipment of 2022's. Could be August, could be 4th quarter. Until they start showing up in August, no way to tell. The issues that plagued the 2021's haven't been resolved yet with the supply chain, so they will exist with the 2022's, until everything straightens itself out.

Last edited:
Communication is king. That is what I'm disappointed in. Lack of honest communication with at least those who have money down, orders still open that they haven't cancelled, etc. I fully understand the problem as I have a hardware issue waiting on equipment. I do get it. However, they could communicate what is going on.

When are they switching to 2022?
What boats are being assembled this week?
What boats are being assembled next week?
How many boats can they build a week?
Are they running one, two, three shifts?
What boats are done and waiting on what part or parts?
What is the vision and strategy to get done with 2021 and move to 2022?
Are they done with some models for 2021?
How can they double shipping the boats as they get done to get them to clients faster?
Maybe offer a thanks for waiting for those who have waited for 5, 6, 8, 10 months?

Instead of a YouTube video saying sorry by the President, how about a weekly video stating what you are doing and what the plan is?
Man did you ever hit it on right the head. Yamaha is burning goodwill when they could be building HUGE goodwill. You can't overcommunicate in a crisis. Waiting with no input sucks and I'm already hot. Send me even the most mundane communication and I will totally be on your side.

You are correct. Goodwill. They have an opportunity to make lifetime champions of their boats.

Sounds like I will be picking my AR190 on Thursday!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what the hitch height should be for the single axle trailer? I am having trouble getting a straight answer from the dealer.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend what the hitch height should be for the single axle trailer? I am having trouble getting a straight answer from the dealer.
What's your tow vehicle?

What's your tow vehicle?
A 2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel. I currently have a 2 inch drop hitch. The middle of the tow ball is about 17 inches.

A 2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel. I currently have a 2 inch drop hitch. The middle of the tow ball is about 17 inches.
I'll measure where mine is at in the morning

Around 21-3/8 is where my wife’s traverse is and it sits good

I know we are all hanging on any available information, so I thought I would share what I learned from my dealer. He confirmed what others are saying - that all cuts for the 2021 models ordered are finished, so they believe that all boats showing 'confirmed' in their system are confirmed to eventually be delivered. At this time, all of there boats have a shipping date (June 21-30) associated with them EXCEPT 212s and 195s - which are still in the 'confirmed' category with no shipping date. Wonder why other boats have dates and why 212s and 195s are only confirmed. What is the common thread? Same engine? Same sound system?

I know we are all hanging on any available information, so I thought I would share what I learned from my dealer. He confirmed what others are saying - that all cuts for the 2021 models ordered are finished, so they believe that all boats showing 'confirmed' in their system are confirmed to eventually be delivered. At this time, all of there boats have a shipping date (June 21-30) associated with them EXCEPT 212s and 195s - which are still in the 'confirmed' category with no shipping date. Wonder why other boats have dates and why 212s and 195s are only confirmed. What is the common thread? Same engine? Same sound system?
Thanks for the update. Sunny and 89 and 90 here in Nashville on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. This sucks!!! You would think, Yamaha, with their sales windfall, would at least throw me a bone here.

I called Yamaha today and they offered no additional information beyond what has already been discussed.

Are you saying that all or all for your dealer will ship by the end of June (except the 'confirmed' of course)?
Thanks for the update. Sunny and 89 and 90 here in Nashville on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. This sucks!!! You would think, Yamaha, with their sales windfall, would at least throw me a bone here.
I called Yamaha today and they offered no additional information beyond what has already been discussed.

Are you saying that all or all for your dealer will ship by the end of June (except the 'confirmed' of course)?

The context was simply my dealer, and unfortunately I do not know how many 2021 boats they still have in play not what models.

Me dealer told me the day I put my first deposit down that my Waverunner was scheduled to be delivered to them within 5 weeks and could be delivered to them within 5 days. When I spoke with them at the end of the 5 week period they said their deliverables list is no long valid as Yamaha corporation just informed them that it is cancelling almost all of their remaining Waverunner orders for this year. This was Easter weekend.
I believe it’s true because when I went in for oil last weekend (the first to break 100 degrees this year) they had exactly zero/0/nada pwcs in stock, not even a used one. That stated, I wouldn’t believe anything a dealer tells me about my boat or pwc until I can touch it on the showroom floor and am closing the deal on it.
Sorry to hear about That! The dealer said the boat arrived 6/8 and your right until its been inspected and running well on the water I'm still not very confident.

Well, it’s not the engine. The dealer has AR195’s (SVHO) with ship dates, and the 212 is normally aspirated. Could it be the upholstery and seat cushions?

Well the 9th has come and still no ship date. I forgot to mention I bought my boat back in October at my local marine boat show. First one to buy it. Said they would hold it until February rolled around and then do all the fiancé and paperwork there just so no warranty would take affect. Put down 2k was going to give more but they didn’t want it. So February rolls around to tell me they sold my boat and there was a huge miscommunication. So now here I am still waiting for another.

Back