• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

My order is supposedly with the #1 Yamaha dealer in the country or so they tell me, River Valley Power and Sport in Minnesota. There are no other close dealers that I am willing to make the drive for. I ordered in August 2020 so I would think I would be in line for a boat before someone that ordered in 2021 regardless of dealer size. Getting very frustrated with the ZERO communication from Yamaha.
Another thing most folks dont realize is climate. Your dealer might say they are the #1 dealer but being in Minn there is a chance that the dealer is further down on the list due to climate. I'm pretty sure Fl, Ca and other warmer states will get first dibs and larger allotment than colder areas, at least at the beginning. Makes no sense to ship your first boats to Minn where they will be likely stored for the winter and not ship it to Fl. Not saying its fair but when you combine that method with the shortages of everything, the lone boats that made it out went to warmer climates first and now colder climates were left waiting for those parts that couldn't be sourced.

Not that it alleviates your issue, but that is how alot of this works. As I stated in another thread, my dealer warned me this would happen and suggested I place my order in early, which I did. If i hadnt, i would be on a waiting list right now also.

Anyone still waiting on their 2021 275SE or SE? I didn't actually buy one, but I'm trying to buy the 2020 242SE the 275 buyer is trading in. I put a deposit 2 hours after the dealer listed it on May 5th. Then a couple days later they called me and said the owner's 275 was delayed again and he didn't want to sell his old boat until the new one arrived. Almost a month later and the dealer doesn't have an eta. He said he thinks it's just waiting on a windshield.

My order is supposedly with the #1 Yamaha dealer in the country or so they tell me, River Valley Power and Sport in Minnesota. There are no other close dealers that I am willing to make the drive for. I ordered in August 2020 so I would think I would be in line for a boat before someone that ordered in 2021 regardless of dealer size. Getting very frustrated with the ZERO communication from Yamaha.
Our situation is similar! I’m waiting on my boat to come in from the same place. I have faith and still keeping hope alive. Hopefully we’ll hear something soon.

What did you order? AR190 like in your signature?

Well I finally got a June 2nd ship date today for my AR195. Boat was preordered last year by my dealer for inventory I have had deposit on it since January.

I ordered my 210 FSH Sport from probably the #137 Yamaha Dealer in the US on 1 August 2020 and still nothing yet. Yamaha customer service gave me end of may ship date when I complained. But still….crickets…

I ordered my 210 FSH Sport from probably the #137 Yamaha Dealer in the US on 1 August 2020 and still nothing yet. Yamaha customer service gave me end of may ship date when I complained. But still….crickets…
What number did you call?

Well I finally got a June 2nd ship date today for my AR195. Boat was preordered last year by my dealer for inventory I have had deposit on it since January.
When or how did you get your ship date? Did the dealer get notice from Yamaha or what? :)

Rh
What number did you call?
there is toll free number on the website under contact us link. Comes up right away with google search too. They are very helpful but I complained and they called the district sales manager and got an estimated date.

I just received word that my 212SD is supposed to go into production on 6/10. Anyone have any information on how long it takes to produce a boat start to finish? Normally and in this time of delayed parts/components?

alll depends on the boat and company. yamaha is a high production boat company so it probably makes it down the prod line pretty quick. from the time the mold is sprayed in gel to the time its all done, buffed, covered and ready for a truck might be 2 weeks.

I just received word that my 212SD is supposed to go into production on 6/10. Anyone have any information on how long it takes to produce a boat start to finish? Normally and in this time of delayed parts/components?
How did you get this information? My supposed #1 Yamaha dealer says it is impossible to get any kind of date until the boat actually ships.

How did you get this information? My supposed #1 Yamaha dealer says it is impossible to get any kind of date until the boat actually ships.

My dealer had the info - so I find it difficult to believe that others would not. They have a computer system that tracks their orders and Yamaha updates them with ship dates before they ship (seems to be tied to production) - mine had an ETA ship date a month before it actually shipped. So once the ship date hit the system we knew it was coming in the next few weeks. I would question that #1 status....

My dealer informed me. Got it through the dealer portal.

You sure that's not my 212SD?

Me dealer told me the day I put my first deposit down that my Waverunner was scheduled to be delivered to them within 5 weeks and could be delivered to them within 5 days. When I spoke with them at the end of the 5 week period they said their deliverables list is no long valid as Yamaha corporation just informed them that it is cancelling almost all of their remaining Waverunner orders for this year. This was Easter weekend.
I believe it’s true because when I went in for oil last weekend (the first to break 100 degrees this year) they had exactly zero/0/nada pwcs in stock, not even a used one. That stated, I wouldn’t believe anything a dealer tells me about my boat or pwc until I can touch it on the showroom floor and am closing the deal on it.

Back