• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Thanks for the input! I am leaning towards waiting for the AR as I think I would always have the what if feeling and I love the look of the tower.

I am in Northern California so it wouldn’t cut too far into the season as long as it doesn’t get delayed more or cancelled and granted that California still has water…

Thanks bud, and if you got any questions hit me up...im getting real familiar with the ins and outs of this boat lol. Good luck, hope you dont have as many issues as i do, at least you will know where to look.
So we had our water test today and outside of a few nicks and scratches I have no complaints. First thing I checked was that damn front decal sea mat! It was straight. This is my first jet boat/first boat eve so I don’t know what I’m looking for necessarily but nothing disappointed so far. I did not have the opportunity to take measurements but our jet ports seem very aligned. I’ll try to attach a couple photos. I took one shot of the back...I don’t think steering/keel were dead straight but they seem to be aligned. Also a shot of the wake with a full ballast at low speed.

Attachments

• CB00EBC8-488E-4273-A5F1-5ECBB255BC79.jpeg
    CB00EBC8-488E-4273-A5F1-5ECBB255BC79.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 1A203853-2A8F-48D9-AC60-8AE30C4ED468.jpeg
    1A203853-2A8F-48D9-AC60-8AE30C4ED468.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • 44F3C417-51A6-4820-A6D9-5AC42BB02CDB.jpeg
    44F3C417-51A6-4820-A6D9-5AC42BB02CDB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 4032FCE0-726F-4653-81DE-F85D6A1FA9B9.jpeg
    4032FCE0-726F-4653-81DE-F85D6A1FA9B9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 008792A4-602F-4D98-97C0-63F16E3755EF.jpeg
    008792A4-602F-4D98-97C0-63F16E3755EF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
I’ve also heard that the time of getting deals, in this pandemic buyer frenzy era, is past...and it’s just pay for what you get. That was not my experience. My dealer threw in a custom mooring cover, an anchor fire extinguisher and a USCG set with 4 buoy’s, 6 of the standard PFD’s and a throwable (don’t know if any of this is standard but from what I have read recently this is not). They also included two really nice neoprene life jackets for my two daughters for the water test, which I offered to pay for but they said no. First time Yamaha owner. Love the boat, love the service. Can’t wait to get out on the lake!

So we had our water test today and outside of a few nicks and scratches I have no complaints. First thing I checked was that damn front decal sea mat! It was straight. This is my first jet boat/first boat eve so I don’t know what I’m looking for necessarily but nothing disappointed so far. I did not have the opportunity to take measurements but our jet ports seem very aligned. I’ll try to attach a couple photos. I took one shot of the back...I don’t think steering/keel were dead straight but they seem to be aligned. Also a shot of the wake with a full ballast at low speed.
sweet looking boat.... congrats!

Placed my deposit/order in Sep 2020 for a AR190. Still nothing.

Our dealer said they initially had like 36 Yamahas on order this year, then got cut to I think 31 -- they just heard this past week that they're now only getting 13 -- and only 2 255XD's (which we got one). Crazy times. Sucks for the dealer as they lose out on all those sales since they had all but 1 or 2 pre-sold I believe. They gave people the option to keep the deposit towards at 2022 or refund it to them.

I put my 1k deposit down on my Yamaha 255XD October 27, 2020 with Hughes Marine Service in Danville, VA. It was supposed to arrive Mid-April, and then again a week ago. I have been told it has been built but was just awaiting a few parts. Dealer doesn't have an ETA. Has me worried about the semi-conductors/microchips that are on a massive backorder for cars, and almost all electronics.

Thanks for the input! I am leaning towards waiting for the AR as I think I would always have the what if feeling and I love the look of the tower.

I am in Northern California so it wouldn’t cut too far into the season as long as it doesn’t get delayed more or cancelled and granted that California still has water…
Just got the call yesterday that Yamaha released the boat and it should be at the dealer in about a week. Hope others start hearing more good news!

Just got the call yesterday that Yamaha released the boat and it should be at the dealer in about a week. Hope others start hearing more good news!
Jbrest,

Where are you located? I've had my AR190 on order since August 2020 and still no ETA.

I placed my deposit on the black 255 fsh sport e in early November and have not been told anything. I text the salesman and he doesn’t know and Yamaha has all their info kept close to their chests. Not sure why they don’t just come out and let people know... like hey man it’s not going to happen this year... at least I could respect the transparency but this is getting ridiculous!!

It’s my first Yamaha product and so far not impressed with the company. I’ve owned Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, crown line, Supra and Axis and none have been this frustrating. I’m trying to stay positive and think about all the fun we will have but man it’s hard sometimes lol

I placed my deposit on the black 255 fsh sport e in early November and have not been told anything. I text the salesman and he doesn’t know and Yamaha has all their info kept close to their chests. Not sure why they don’t just come out and let people know... like hey man it’s not going to happen this year... at least I could respect the transparency but this is getting ridiculous!!

It’s my first Yamaha product and so far not impressed with the company. I’ve owned Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, crown line, Supra and Axis and none have been this frustrating. I’m trying to stay positive and think about all the fun we will have but man it’s hard sometimes lol

It isn't easy and it is frustrating, but I would stay positive unless specifically told by your dealer it isn't happening. We are dealing with an unprecedented time in history and I dont think anyone was prepared for it on the business side. Could better comms have helped, of course it would have, not sure why it wasn't done earlier. Maybe they hoped they would catch up and fulfill all the orders but it just didn't materialize.

Jbrest,

Where are you located? I've had my AR190 on order since August 2020 and still no ETA.
Jimbobalu,

I am in Northern California. The dealer is located in Sacramento area. Hope you get good news soon!

Jimbobalu,

I am in Northern California. The dealer is located in Sacramento area. Hope you get good news soon!
Jbrest,

When did you order? I think Yamaha is not sending boats in the order received.

By the way, I'm a Sacramento native, where do you plan on boating? I see Folsom is basically empty with a 5mph speed limit. Is there more water up north?

Last edited:
Jbrest,

By the way, I'm a Sacramento native, where do you plan on boating? I see Folsom is basically empty with a 5mph speed limit. Is there more water up north?
Jimbobalu,

I placed my deposit the beginning of March only because I lucked out and when I called they had just found out they would be getting more than they expected. I couldn't find anything anywhere else in the state.

I am not sure when they had placed their order or if they had even ordered as many as they are receiving. I am number 5 of 8 that they are supposed to be getting.

I am planning to mostly go to Whiskeytown or Shasta as I am a Redding native but live in Chico currently. Oroville is empty as well and they are forcing people to pull out their houseboats. I just recently discovered Bullard's Bar and I am hoping to go their as well.

Not sure if an AR190 would handle Tahoe... But would love to take it there. Let me know if you think that would be a bad idea lol

Of course you can take your boat there to Tahoe. I see 190's on Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair. Just be smart and plan accordingly.

Crazy to think there is not a dealer portal or something that they could put in the order number and see what stage of production it was in. Ive seen some that have ship dates for the end of June and several dealers mine included basically say they have absolutely no idea until the boat shows up on the lot

Tahoe should be fine, I took my PWC there one summer and it ran fine. I think I heard something about needing reservations to launch though.

Jbrest,

It is not tied to YOUR date of order/deposit specifically... all the dealerships around the country order their boats in advance - so if you place a deposit with your dealer in August of 2020 that is only reflective to your dealerships placement of you on their sale list. If you were first for an AR190 that is first for your dealership - nothing to do with Yamaha. Yamaha takes (and took the 2021 orders) well in advance of those deposit dates from the dealers who forecast and "guess" how many boats they can sell for the upcoming model year. So "2021" boats actually came out August of 2020 - so Dealers ordered 2021 boats end of 2019 most likely (maybe very early 2020). So what you are "putting a deposit on" is what the dealer already ordered - not a build/line placement directly with Yamaha. That is why the dealer you placed the deposit with makes all the difference - large dealers order more boats and have more places in line - small dealers may only order a handful of boats each year. If you ordered from a small dealer who was late in ordering with Yamaha or who under forecast their sales you could be on the chopping block.

Have you called around to other dealers?

My order is supposedly with the #1 Yamaha dealer in the country or so they tell me, River Valley Power and Sport in Minnesota. There are no other close dealers that I am willing to make the drive for. I ordered in August 2020 so I would think I would be in line for a boat before someone that ordered in 2021 regardless of dealer size. Getting very frustrated with the ZERO communication from Yamaha.

Had a day off last year and I went into my dealer on July 1 to see about when to order a 2021. I was thinking after the (canceled) boat show in January. He told me the early release had just been announced and he would see some in August. He warned me against waiting because he thought he was going to have issues getting boats for 2021. I thought it was salesman BS, but he threw in winter storage so I ordered it on the spot and got delivery on 7/30. It was the first 2021 I saw on this site. I got lucky. When I picked it up he told me that all of the pre-release were spoken for and he didn't expect any more till spring and that there would be a shortage until 2022. He was right on the money. When I picked up from storage in April, he was already taking orders on 2022's. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed if I was still waiting 9 months later, but there are so many supply chain issues in all industries right now that I don't think anyone has a clue when they will be shipping anything. Your point is valid, they should be at least trying to fill the orders of those that have been waiting the longest. I just don't think Yamaha has any idea who those are with the way the dealers preorder the boats.

Back