• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@ Pokes1789
Yes Blackbeard in OKC on 10th. I got the 212se was the only one I could get this year. It will have to go back for warranty work soon noticed a small hole in the vinyl that will have to be repaired and a crack in the fiberglass port side front bow seat. I didn’t notice either at walk through.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My deposit was in place back end of last October and my AR250 finally came in April (had an original March 27th ship date on it so roughly 6 months deposit until delivery) - bunch of 25 footers came in at once in April - this week 19 footers just came in - was Buckeye the high volume dealer 10 hours away you mentioned? Maybe 21 footers will come in next 2 weeks.

July is still 1.5 months away - fingers crossed for you~ ~!!
This makes me nervous as I am waiting on an AR250 and no delivery.

Any indication what if anything Yamaha will do for those that aren’t fulfilled? A good ole sorry, here’s your deposit back unless you want to move over to another wait list for more money?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This makes me nervous as I am waiting on an AR250 and no delivery.

Any indication what if anything Yamaha will do for those that aren’t fulfilled? A good ole sorry, here’s your deposit back unless you want to move over to another wait list for more money?

I don't think Yamaha is doing anything for orders that are not fulfilled. Too much supply chain issues around the globe. Try finding a new 42 inch zero turn mower right now - or a new truck - difficult. Boat production was already much lower than mass produced trucks or mowers, etc.. and its not just Yamaha - it is every boat manufacturer.

When did you get your deposit in? If it was not before year end 2020 I would plan on it not being fulfilled and getting on the 2022 list or looking for a different size boat - I think 19 footers you can find if you look hard and maybe some 27 footers as well. My dealer is honoring the 2021 price on 2022 boats for those that got bumped - but that is the dealership - not Yamaha.

21 and 25 footers are going to be the hardest to find in a normal year based on price/value. From what my dealer said the 25 footers they got in is all for 2021 model year - they got in eighteen 25 footers. A person who put down a deposit just like 11 days after I did on an AR250 missed out on a boat - Yamaha cancelled 45 boats just at my dealership alone (and they are a top 10 dealer in the country). I would call your salesperson and find out if you have a ship date in the system on the boat - if you have a ship date then good chance you will get a boat - if no ship date tied to the boat - I think the chance is slim.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think Yamaha is doing anything for orders that are not fulfilled. Too much supply chain issues around the globe. Try finding a new 42 inch zero turn mower right now - or a new truck - difficult. Boat production was already much lower than mass produced trucks or mowers, etc.. and its not just Yamaha - it is every boat manufacturer.

When did you get your deposit in? If it was not before year end 2020 I would plan on it not being fulfilled and getting on the 2022 list or looking for a different size boat - I think 19 footers you can find if you look hard and maybe some 27 footers as well. My dealer is honoring the 2021 price on 2022 boats for those that got bumped - but that is the dealership - not Yamaha.

21 and 25 footers are going to be the hardest to find in a normal year based on price/value. From what my dealer said the 25 footers they got in is all for 2021 model year - they got in eighteen 25 footers. A person who put down a deposit just like 11 days after I did on an AR250 missed out on a boat - Yamaha cancelled 45 boats just at my dealership alone (and they are a top 10 dealer in the country). I would call your salesperson and find out if you have a ship date in the system on the boat - if you have a ship date then good chance you will get a boat - if no ship date tied to the boat - I think the chance is slim.

At this point, I'll wait it out. However, I am drawing the same conclusion that you have above.... no boat for me this year.

What's odd, and I assume it to be true, my dealer really doesn't know anymore than I do. He just says that it is a Confirmed Order and unless they get informed otherwise anticipate it will be fulfilled.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
At this point, I'll wait it out. However, I am drawing the same conclusion that you have above.... no boat for me this year.

What's odd, and I assume it to be true, my dealer really doesn't know anymore than I do. He just says that it is a Confirmed Order and unless they get informed otherwise anticipate it will be fulfilled.
That's what I get from my dealer as well. Doesn't do much to relieve the frustration.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your dealer can log into their order system and check to see if a boat has a ship date tied to it.... ask them if your boat has a ship date. That means the boat is actually in production - ship date can change based on supply chain/parts - some boats are 98% built but waiting on 1 or 2 final items to complete them and ship. If no ship date yet, I would call back and check every few days from here to mid June - if no ship date by early/mid June no chance as Yamaha has to cut bait on the 2021's and start production on the 2022's to get some boats delivered this Fall. I would put a deposit down now on a 2022 just to get first in line and if the 2021 does actually come in - then cancel the 2022 deposit.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Your dealer can log into their order system and check to see if a boat has a ship date tied to it.... ask them if your boat has a ship date. That means the boat is actually in production - ship date can change based on supply chain/parts - some boats are 98% built but waiting on 1 or 2 final items to complete them and ship. If no ship date yet, I would call back and check every few days from here to mid June - if no ship date by early/mid June no chance as Yamaha has to cut bait on the 2021's and start production on the 2022's to get some boats delivered this Fall. I would put a deposit down now on a 2022 just to get first in line and if the 2021 does actually come in - then cancel the 2022 deposit.
My original dealer said that my deposit would automictically convert to a 22 if needed. Hope that's true and not necessary. Yamaha should just skip the 2022 model year, fulfill the 2021's and pick back up in 2023. Supply chain isn't really going to improve in the next month or two. A boat in the fall doesn't help with already made plans for 2021 boating season.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My original dealer said that my deposit would automictically convert to a 22 if needed. Hope that's true and not necessary. Yamaha should just skip the 2022 model year, fulfill the 2021's and pick back up in 2023. Supply chain isn't really going to improve in the next month or two. A boat in the fall doesn't help with already made plans for 2021 boating season.
Same on my end..... said it would be converted to 2022 model.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ok... but what is the priority on deposits? I would get clarity if it were my boat/deposit from the dealership.

Dealers are only taking deposits on 2022's right now - so if I walked in today off the street and put a deposit down on a 2022 AR250 - May 17th - and you have a deposit on a 2021 AR250 from January but come June 1st dealer gets the call your 2021 AR250 was cut and will not be coming - dealer converts your deposit over to a 2022 AR250 on June 1st - who is first on the 2022 deposit list? The guy off the street who put his order down on May 17th or your converted deposit that went in on June 1st?

I would hope and assume your converted deposit would get priority - but I also know in today's world crazy things happen. I would just confirm this before asusming/relying on the thought the dealership of course would give me priority.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Ok... but what is the priority on deposits? I would get clarity if it were my boat/deposit from the dealership.

Dealers are only taking deposits on 2022's right now - so if I walked in today off the street and put a deposit down on a 2022 AR250 - May 17th - and you have a deposit on a 2021 AR250 from January but come June 1st dealer gets the call your 2021 AR250 was cut and will not be coming - dealer converts your deposit over to a 2022 AR250 on June 1st - who is first on the 2022 deposit list? The guy off the street who put his order down on May 17th or your converted deposit that went in on June 1st?

I would hope and assume your converted deposit would get priority - but I also know in today's world crazy things happen. I would just confirm this before asusming/relying on the thought the dealership of course would give me priority.
i agree with you. I did confirm the conversion today but have not yet confirmed that i would be 1st on the list. He dit tell me me and I shared in another post that Yamaha is cutting production by another10% for boats 15% for PWC's. Dealers will be notified this week which ones will be cut.

ryanfromokc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My SX195 has been on order since 2020. I placed money down at end of January. My dealer is getting half the boats from their second order i guess(about 90 boats). I think they ship two 25ft boats or so and a 19ft boat on the semi trailer. Appears they can get three on the trailer. So we have to wait for the right combo and the boats or shipping is delayed. My dealer did get a sx195 a couple of weeks ago, but wrong color. My dealer is largest in volume in region. They also got a AR195, maybe 3 weeks ago. They might get 3 boats every couple of weeks. My dealer I guess can't see expected completion date or won't tell me. My dealer says they find out when the invoice is made and shipping. Lets hope this is the week my phone rings!

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Called my dealer after seeing this thread. The manager said they see a ship date of 6/1, but she didn't have much faith since Yamaha has a tendency to move the dates and she doesn't really count on anything unless the system shows the boat in the "warehouse." This is for a boat (AR250) that was part of their initial order back in the late summer/early fall.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I called my dealer today after reading this thread and was unable to get a ship date update but I was told that his regional Yamaha rep informed him that Yamaha is suppose to disclose to all their dealer this Wednesday on what inventory is being cut from the letter they sent out last week that I’m sure a lot of you all have seen now posted on this thread. He told me he would be in contact to let me know if I made the cut or not. This at least let’s me know if I’ll have a 2021 or 2022.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the call from my dealer Saturday that our ar210 is "shipped" its coming to Buckeye Sports Center in Ohio. So, hopefully more are on the same truck to the ones waiting for the same boat.
Awesome!

Buckeye is great to deal with. Enjoy/Take your time going over the boat - I took about 2 hours going top to bottom. Let them keep it a few days to fix the 2-3 small items I noticed and gave them my upgraded Stoltz bow roller and they swapped it for me as well. Get the roller and bring it with you and they will swap it out.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well my dealers Oklahoma just got his list of boats models to be cut for the remainder of the 2021 model year, which was 17 total from last weeks memo from Yamaha. Unfortunately he had to let me know that my AR210 was one of them. With that being said I am now moved to the #1 slot for a 2022. I hope the redesign and possible rumors do come true now for the 21ft line that I’ve read about in some other threads. It does suck to not get a boat this season but it is what it is.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
My dealer just called and said that my 255XE has shipped. Got my on water test scheduled for Friday. So excited!!! We paid our deposit on January 9th. Been a long wait but the summer is saved!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My dealer just called and said that my 255XE has shipped. Got my on water test scheduled for Friday. So excited!!! We paid our deposit on January 9th. Been a long wait but the summer is saved!
go over the boat with a fine tooth comb...look at my thread with all my 255xd issues