• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Why two deposits? Do different dealers have different lead times or increase the probability of getting one?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. The preverbial line you are put in is dealer specific and some dealers will get more boats than others. It has been seen that boats will show up at dealers who didn't even know they were coming and weren't spoken for while others who have deposits in at other dealers are still waiting. Not sure there is a hard and fast reasoning behind it, at least not one that we can discern.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Why two deposits? Do different dealers have different lead times or increase the probability of getting one?
Pretty much what @HangOutdoors said. My local dealer is very low volume. They received 3-4 boats in February and none since. The high volume dealer (10 hours away) sells roughly 500 boats and 500 PWC's a year. Just hoping to impr0ve my odds.

Parzivahl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m up in the Northeast and I have a deposit on an SX195 which the dealer had per-ordered for inventory. I put the deposit down in early April and it had an expected delivery date of “April.” I checked in a few weeks ago and he said he can see in his dealer portal the expected completion date and it was 4/29, and it has now slipped to 5/7. My dealer has been really transparent through the process about delays, but even he has said he won’t know for sure when it’s coming in until it’s there. Fingers crossed everyone starts seeing deliveries soon!

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We put our deposit down in February for an AR210. No date so far when it will come in. We are now willing to drive anywhere in the US to purchase a 21 or 25ft if there’s any available. Contacted several dealers in the midwest and south but no hits.
Marine sales of Pickwick shows the have a AR250 in black. That’s where I just got my AR250

KYjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ive had a deposit on an AR195 since January that my dealer already had ordered and still have no eta. I talked with them today and my order is still confirmed but no ship date. Said he is waiting on 7 other boats besides mine.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put my deposit on an AR190 on August 22, 2020, anyone got me beat on time waiting?

KYjetboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody know how Yamaha does their production? Do they run only one model at a time or multiple? Seems like recently here on the forum most people getting new boats have been mostly 25 footers

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Anybody know how Yamaha does their production? Do they run only one model at a time or multiple? Seems like recently here on the forum most people getting new boats have been mostly 25 footers
I heard that that is the case.

Pauly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
September for my AR195!

Parzivahl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m up in the Northeast and I have a deposit on an SX195 which the dealer had per-ordered for inventory. I put the deposit down in early April and it had an expected delivery date of “April.” I checked in a few weeks ago and he said he can see in his dealer portal the expected completion date and it was 4/29, and it has now slipped to 5/7. My dealer has been really transparent through the process about delays, but even he has said he won’t know for sure when it’s coming in until it’s there. Fingers crossed everyone starts seeing deliveries soon!
My SX195 (plus one other) arrived at the dealer today! Hopefully the 19s start showing up for everyone else.

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've heard through the grapevine that the 19 footers are ready to start arriving, then moving on to the 21 footer's.
I hope your right. I’ve been impatiently waiting since February for a 212se.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buckeye Sports in Ohio just got a big delivery of boats - all 19 footers. All pre-sold obviously but just advising that 19 footers are coming in hot.

Force15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I need the 21 footers to come in hot. As stated in this thread, I put my deposit down 1 August! Hoping to have boat by Memorial Day but not looking good.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@LakesideLaw Since February, not sure that qualifies you to post yet. :) Going on 7 months. Getting nervous have a family vacay planned for July in ME, House rented, kids and grandkids coming from CO. and FL, all planned around the boat.

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@LakesideLaw Since February, not sure that qualifies you to post yet. :) Going on 7 months. Getting nervous have a family vacay planned for July in ME, House rented, kids and grandkids coming from CO. and FL, all planned around the boat.
Im usually not qualified but I have slept in a Holliday inn before😁. I usually just pretend I know what I’m doing. I think after seven months I would have just pulled my deposit and gone on. Hopefully everything works out for your vacation.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hang in there, your boat will come!!! :)

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Im usually not qualified but I have slept in a Holliday inn before😁. I usually just pretend I know what I’m doing. I think after seven months I would have just pulled my deposit and gone on. Hopefully everything works out for your vacation.
I'm stubborn, at 5 months I doubled down and placed a second deposit with another dealer.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length