• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dewinterize battery hookup

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My local Yamaha shop when they winterized my boat, they removed every single thing off the battery even though I have a built-in conditioner and charger that I installed. I’m just kind of curious how to reconnect the batteries it’s the door battery set up at the 2018 212X. If anybody has some tips before I reconnect or photos of their batteries fully connected I would appreciate it.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a dvsr. Start switch to start battery +, engine grounds to negative along with dvsr small black wire and one end of ground jumper. House switch to house battery + plus any other positives you have for things. All your other grounds go to the negative along with the other end of the ground jumper cable. I’m doing this from memory if I missed something someone chime in I have a different boat. If you have a 110v shore charger you’ll have to add them also to the separate batteries.

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an FYI, do not store anything metal in the same compartment as the batteries! In the picture above the table leg is in there. Quick story, in my buddies 2016 242 limited and hit a couple of wakes hard and the boat got a little air, next thing we hear is a back fire. We were both WTF? Never heard that before. hour later back at the slip and found it wasn't a back fire but the battery exploding. Acid everywhere. could have been real bad. The table leg which he was storing under there shorted the battery.

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just an FYI, do not store anything metal in the same compartment as the batteries! In the picture above the table leg is in there. Quick story, in my buddies 2016 242 limited and hit a couple of wakes hard and the boat got a little air, next thing we hear is a back fire. We were both WTF? Never heard that before. hour later back at the slip and found it wasn't a back fire but the battery exploding. Acid everywhere. could have been real bad. The table leg which he was storing under there shorted the battery.
Thank you for the heads up. We just picked up the boat a few months ago and can't wait to use it. I will be sure to move it and take your advise when we set up for our first time out.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This might help too:
BOAT Battery Connection (2).JPG

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Stacey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm so glad I found this tread. I have a 212x and they just put my batteries and all the wiring in a box for me. And the picture and the manual does not help at all!!

Stacey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How do you know which ground is to which battery? I have my reds labeled house and start. There are nothing on the black wires?

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think it matters as long as they are grounded but I am not an expert. Maybe someone else can chime in.