• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Direct access to the hull in AR250

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anybody know access points to the hull from inside the boat? I mean directly to the bottom of the hull without any layers or enforcement on top of it.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anybody know access points to the hull from inside the boat? I mean directly to the bottom of the hull without any layers or enforcement on top of it.
Cupholders in the bow - remove them and you have access at that point, although very limited

Inside either helm storage area, although there's some carpeting, you can see the backside of the fiberglass

Through the cleanout tray or the inspection hatch on the cleanout tray - you can access the stern from that area.

Not sure if that's what you're referring to, or if you're looking for something specific. Question is open to a lot of interpretation without knowing what you're looking for, more specifically, or what you're trying to do.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cupholders in the bow - remove them and you have access at that point, although very limited

Inside either helm storage area, although there's some carpeting, you can see the backside of the fiberglass

Through the cleanout tray or the inspection hatch on the cleanout tray - you can access the stern from that area.

Not sure if that's what you're referring to, or if you're looking for something specific. Question is open to a lot of interpretation without knowing what you're looking for, more specifically, or what you're trying to do.
Thank you for the tips. I'm trying to install ultrasonic transducers (like this one: Hull Shield HS50 Ultrasonic Antifouling System - Digital Bottom Paint - Hull Shield ), but it works well only if transducer is attached directly to the bottom of the fiberglass hull without any layers in between.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for the tips. I'm trying to install ultrasonic transducers (like this one: Hull Shield HS50 Ultrasonic Antifouling System - Digital Bottom Paint - Hull Shield ), but it works well only if transducer is attached directly to the bottom of the fiberglass hull without any layers in between.
That's great info - do those have to be located below the waterline to operate properly, or is simply attaching them to the fiberglass enough to have them do their job?

The cleanout tray at the stern of the boat will definitely allow you the best access, IMO, and below the waterline if that is required. The inspection hatch will allow you accesss, but you'll likely be flying blind with such a small opening. Removing the whole cleanout tray seems like it will be your best and easiest option for installing those. Look around here for all the threads about cleanout tray sealing for a good look at just how large and easy your access will be once you take that off. Removing about a dozen screws and 3 band clamps will get you an opening that's about 1'x4' - super easy access for your project.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great info - do those have to be located below the waterline to operate properly, or is simply attaching them to the fiberglass enough to have them do their job?

The cleanout tray at the stern of the boat will definitely allow you the best access, IMO, and below the waterline if that is required. The inspection hatch will allow you accesss, but you'll likely be flying blind with such a small opening. Removing the whole cleanout tray seems like it will be your best and easiest option for installing those. Look around here for all the threads about cleanout tray sealing for a good look at just how large and easy your access will be once you take that off. Removing about a dozen screws and 3 band clamps will get you an opening that's about 1'x4' - super easy access for your project.
Thank you, drewkaree. I'll check it tomorrow. It must be below the waterline when boat is not moving. I need 2 different points apart from each other, preferably one at the stern and another somewhere near the helm.

Brunnen-G

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've installed Ultrasonic Anti-fouling system with 2 transducers and been using it since July. Here is my experience with the system:
1. It definitely slows down the grows, especially barnacles and seaweed.
2. Not really effective against oysters.
3. Consumes 65W of power. I use a power-line from marina.
4. The installation is kind of tricky, see the attached photos:

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Interesting to say the least.