• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does anyone know <Will a 242 tower fit a 212>

Jason spanick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will a 242 tower fit a 212. I would love to have the larger Bimini top on my 2018 212 limited s

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Will a 242 tower fit a 212. I would love to have the larger Bimini top on my 2018 212 limited s
The larger top would be nice, no idea if it's doable. We plan to get a "beach tent" next year to get added shade when floating on our 212s...it'll attach at the back of the tower/bimini and extend 6-8' back over the swim platform. They come with a pair of poles and straps to tie them down to the stern cleats. Should work great for long lazy days in the shade. Will have to remove it when moving, but sounds like it would only take a few minutes.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The larger top would be nice, no idea if it's doable. We plan to get a "beach tent" next year to get added shade when floating on our 212s...it'll attach at the back of the tower/bimini and extend 6-8' back over the swim platform. They come with a pair of poles and straps to tie them down to the stern cleats. Should work great for long lazy days in the shade. Will have to remove it when moving, but sounds like it would only take a few minutes.
Did you get anything done on this idea? I would also like the idea of extending the shade area over the stern... here in Texas is very hot in the summer.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Per a thread earlier here, I bought this for my AR195

I bought the bigger one. But it didn't arrive until the end of boating season so I haven't had a chance to try it out. I went into it knowing it's only for floating and not for when we're underway.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did you get anything done on this idea? I would also like the idea of extending the shade area over the stern... here in Texas is very hot in the summer.
@GoodCubanito Not yet...been hoping for a sale during fall or now the off-season, but there's plenty of options out there. @steve0617 posted a good suggestion we looked at as well, but sometimes shipping to Canada we get gouged due to shipping costs, dollar exchange, duties, and taxes - typically doubles the price or more.

And contrary to what many think, it gets very hot here in Ontario Canada too as the gulf weather runs up the mid-west into Canada. We hit a high of 94f in the shade this past summer 98f last summer, plus we get hit with very high humidity so it feels more like 104f in the shade - elderly people seek cool indoors or risk respiratory distress. From June to Sept we typically see high 70's and 80's with hot periods into the 90's. We usually can boat until mid-October or so before it gets a bit chilly. Dedicated fishermen stay out till the lakes and rivers freeze over, typically December.

And it looks like we might be officially done here in Canada - weather has cooled off which isn't a big deal, but water levels have dropped over three feet in the last few weeks because the dummies running gate control for the St. Lawrence water flow let too much water out after not letting enough out in the spring. Idiots running our country gives me a headache. :banghead: If water levels increase a bit from the recent rain (ramps are too short here and if water levels drop we can't launch/retrieve our boat as the trailer axles fall off the edge of the concrete ramps), we might be able to get out the next couple weekends as it'll be sunny and we're still in the high 50's or into the 60's. Not exactly bikini weather for sure, but still nice enough to get out on the water and enjoy the fall colours.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This popped to the top of the list and sounded intriguing, so I looked for the parts. It appears they don't just sell the top, you'd have to buy the whole tower, which is going to run you $9k, and if you want the canvas for it, that's another grand.

Really, Yamaha, $9k doesn't get you the whole ball of wax?

Dear Yamaha.gif

It looks like it's do-able, perhaps with some modifications, but IMO, the juice ain't worth the squeeze on this one.