• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does Yamaha ever run sales?

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Additionally, there is no way to tell what specials are going to come up this fall or next spring if any. These are not normal times and the dealers and Yamaha have not seen this before. The market demand will dictate it. I got mine in April and those specials were a bit better than May's. I am sure if Dealers know what was going to happen in may and the demand as well Yamaha wouldn't have to have done really anything special or that deep.

The other side to it is that they raise prices every year, at least so I am told, not knowing what next year will bring. This in turn keeps the price of used higher as well.

Inventory is low or non existent but there are a few new floating around and some used popping up. Figure out the numbers and what you want and can afford and as soon as you can find it, pull the trigger and don't look back and enjoy. It may take till next year or it could be next week that you find it.
How’s the power on the ar210? I’d like to find an sx210. I’d love a 24ft, but my tow vehicle is a 4Runner.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Power is Fine for all watersports. Tubing (3 Person), wakeboard, Zup Board, not a problem. Gonna put in Ride Steady since apparently I am coming up to quick and the kids are faceplanting. :) I keep telling them they are doing it wrong. 8 people, couple of adults and teenagers, full tank of gas, gear, coolers and yes of course the aftermarket Porta Potti full of water, Bimini Up I could hit max 40 mph yesterday no problem. Handles the 3-5 foot rollers off the bigger boats without issue. Hole shot is quick and jumps forward no problem. In a 7 hour day of watersports, lunch and a bit of swimming I only burned half a tank of gas, which is nice. The only thing that I guess I would want different is a bigger Bimini. I am getting ready to fabricate a couple of things to do the sides and back off the Bimini Top that I saw here on the forums with zippers and Velcro. Plenty of room and storage. I am amazed how much crap the family crams into all the storage.

Towing is fine, feels good behind the SUV. I bought a Used 2017 Ford Expedition, although with tow package. Don't even know it is back there.

Revo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The answer is dependent on a few things and whether or not you are willing to travel. The more dealers you check with the better chance you can find one offering a deal.

As I am personally in CA, I needed a CA-approved boat which cuts my options down. Not sure if this applies to you.

Typically, I've just kept my eye out for sales or bought previous model year watercraft in the past. But I found that with boats, the inventory numbers are much smaller and usually most get swooped up before next season (at least in my area). So there was a game to play purchasing long enough after the season for the price to drop but early enough they still had the model we wanted.

In the end, we got a 2019 212X for 56K+tax and DMV fees (prep included in the 56K). For my market, that was a pretty good deal. We got it right around thanksgiving. We were the only fools picking up a boat when everyone was wearing jackets and the weather forecast had a high of 60*F for the day (cold for SoCal), but that's ok. Maiden voyage was in December and everyone had down jackets on haha. Otherwise, I picked up my SeaDoo in Feb, my dad's waverunner in April, and my stand-up jet ski in May. Every single one was at least 1 year old compared to "current model year." My SeaDoo was actually 2. But I also paid probably 90% of MSRP or less OTD for each one.

Most "sales" (otherwise specials) I saw for Yamaha boats was some short period of no interest financing in the beginning of a loan to a few thousand off, but nothing substantial.

At this exact point in time you have everything working against you for a new boat - limited inventory and peak boating season. And I know many people that got into watersports to have a socially-distanced activity for their family, so arguably potentially more demand on top of what's normal.