• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does your E-Series boat hold its set speed when using the speed control function?

Does your E-Series boat hold its set speed when using the speed control function?

• Total voters

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I going to give my .02 and see if I can clear some stuff up. The Yamaha speed control system is great and accurate. It will hold the speed ( atleast for me ) +/- .1 which is great. The thing that is annoying is I cannot see that. Gps speed is very critical to me since we boat and surf on the river. So if I know that we have a 2 mph current and my normal setup surf speed in a lake is 10.8 then I either deduct or add for going up stream or down stream. 8.8 for up and 12.8 for down.

The 242X does not have a paddle wheel and I wouldn't want one.

I am like everyone else, when there is a load on the boat is when I start to see the drive control speed vary.

I really don't have an issue with the boat, I just know to bump up the speed to maintain what I actually want, but it would be great if it did work the way it was supposed to.
Not to keep beating this horse when I don't own a newer boat nor plan to....but, you can set it in 1/10th increments but the actual speed displayed is in whole units? So you set it at 10.7 MPH and the Speed either reads 10 or 11???

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not to keep beating this horse when I don't own a newer boat nor plan to....but, you can set it in 1/10th increments but the actual speed displayed is in whole units? So you set it at 10.7 MPH and the Speed either reads 10 or 11???
Yep

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mine holds speed but is off by 1-2mph while off plane. If I set it at any speed high enough to be on plane it holds correctly.