• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dorian

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks like Dorian is about to take out the bahamas and the Florida east coast.
I hope everyone gets out and gets safe!
My bil and sil work for pinellas county and i am sure watching close too!

Last edited:

Reasy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Although the Abacos will take a hit, the new construction helps prepare for these events. I live in Merritt Island, FL-
,and as of now, it looks like we may get tree trimming winds. A direct hit is not in the forecast. Hopefully we have dodged another "bullet". Dorian is forecasted to impact the SE. Lets hope in a future forecast Dorian turns and heads to sea.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dorian made landfall within the last hour at Great Abaco Island as the 2nd strongest hurricane (by top sustained wind speed) ever recorded in the Atlantic. It is a massive Cat 5 w sustained winds of 185 mph and gusts up to 220 mph. It is going to pound Abaco and Grand Bahama Island for up to 24 hours. I've never been to the Bahamas, but it looks as though it is going to take a devastating hit. Prayers might be in order if you are so inclined.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Very True , an F3
F3Severe tornado158-206 mph

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hope there correct with it turning North. Big trouble if it cuts across Fl.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is what it did in Abaco. The video was supposedly taken as the eye passed over.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hate to think that our bahamas trip next year will be a mercy and work project. We will be keeping tabs!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Eyewall has been moving along Grand Bahama Island all night. The storm's movement has slowed down to 1 mph. It's sustained winds are still in the 165 mph range, still a massive cat 5 storm. The punishment such a storm can inflict as it sits essentially stationary is unimaginable.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bimini is fine.

The Abacos were destroyed. Looks to be uninhabitable. I suspect that the inhabitants will have to be relocated for some time and that lives will have been lost.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like plenty of rain and storm surge still to come on a wide area of Bahamas including Bimini. They may be spared a direct hit but I can’t see how they wouldn’t get a good piece of this storms wrath...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like plenty of rain and storm surge still to come on a wide area of Bahamas including Bimini. They may be spared a direct hit but I can’t see how they wouldn’t get a good piece of this storms wrath...
I understand that the wind had topped at 56 mph in Bimini so far. Grand Bahama is said to have constant 185 mph wind now.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@brucehas anyone thought if getting a jetboaters releive fun going for bimini or the overall bahamas? I am sure bimini will get damage as well.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10, I bet we can do something.

We were enjoying Bull Shoals lake with @swatski, @Betik and his family this weekend so I am a little out of the loop on what has happened.

In the short term the effected areas need something along the lines of military intervention. Any boats arriving are likely to be swarmed with people trying to escape. The marinas and likely the runways are damaged or destroyed.

Unfortunately the body count is likely to be high. I understand there were 12,000 Haitians living in Marsh Harbor that did not have meaningful shelter.

I have heard about boats considering transporting supplies from Nassau but would not expect that to end well.

Previously members have donated supplies to relief efforts. I suspect we will have that opportunity in coming days.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are u in contact with the homeowners at bimini sands still? Maybe we can help directly where we like to spend our time!

Last edited: