• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dorian

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have family that live in and stayed in Freeport during Dorian. Here is their report:

The immediate family is OK

The islands are completely devastated! Abaco does not exist anymore. 90% of residents are displaced.

Freeport has been under approximately 10ft of water for over 24hrs

The average business man has lost everything

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Screenshot_20190903-090156.pngScreenshot_20190903-090148.png
Horrific storm surge satellite pix for Grand Bahama Island (source, Reed Timmer, Twitter)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are u in contact with the homeowners at bimini sands still? Maybe we can help directly where we like to spend our time!
I am, I believe the wind peaked at 56 mph in Bimini. The power went off but that has been common this year. Bimini was spared.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wait. So it's gone?
Not gone but much of Grand Bahama was under water.

I saw video of water filling the first floor of a home that was built at 25 feet above sea level. Not sure if that was in the Abacos or Grand Bahama.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow, glad I was close to home screw being anywhere on that island during that.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If u look at the bimini times on Facebook they have abacus before and after pics. Those islands have been whiped clean all most.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Seems bimini did ok.
The other islands Will need to use bimini as a Stepping stone as power and fuel will be needed for cleanup. No fuel=no power. Also means boats will need a very large range because fuel stops are fewer and farther. Just thinking of the logistical nightmare gives me a headache. I wanna like build a landing boat like what my grandpa used for island hopping tanks in ww2 and get heavy equipment over there. Yall buy one i will drive the machines! Only have kidding there.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The footage and the stories coming out of the Bahamas is beyond words. Literally like an EF4 tornado sitting there for such an extended period of time. Sitting here this morning on the coast of NC waiting. Bands already near Myrtle Beach and Wilmington sparking tornados. I expect to loose power by later this afternoon. I just hope it's not another Florence. So many folks in this area are just now getting back into there homes and some who still have not. Hope everyone stays safe!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our schools were out yesterday through Friday and of course the weekend. So far here in Jacksonville, not much to report. We had a lot of Tornado warnings and touchdowns in and around our county earlier today. This picture is of the Bogue Pier on Emerald Isle. We actually ate dinner here last night. Happen to be watching the live cam this morning and caught this before it came onshore and destroyed an RV park IMG951011~2.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our schools were out yesterday through Friday and of course the weekend. So far here in Jacksonville, not much to report. We had a lot of Tornado warnings and touchdowns in and around our county earlier today. This picture is of the Bogue Pier on Emerald Isle. We actually ate dinner here last night. Happen to be watching the live cam this morning and caught this before it came onshore and destroyed an RV park View attachment 104583
That a good little restaurant there. We go there often. Hopefully that pier makes it out ok. Florence took out a lot of it.
Here is a pic from last year. A large section was gone. They did a great job over the winter rebuilding it20181028_145952.jpg