• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drone pics and vids

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Flying a drone to take video and pics of boats underway is challenging but the hard / time consuming part is editing the videos.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lola's first flight over the water
dji_fly_20220827_163900_30_1661698865176_photo.jpgdji_fly_20220827_164046_33_1661698854109_photo.jpgdji_fly_20220827_164134_36_1661698851959_photo.jpgdji_fly_20220827_164152_38_1661698850755_photo.jpg

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

ImHowl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my mini 3 pro about 2 months ago. I love it!
There is a setting on the remote to change the home point to the controller. You cannot set this setting until the drone has taken off for some reason, so be careful.
Follow mode works great. I used it to follow the boat while tubing and the footage looks good. Its nice to set it up and go, and not have to fly and drive the boat at the same time.DJI_0010.JPG

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got my mini 3 pro about 2 months ago. I love it!
There is a setting on the remote to change the home point to the controller. You cannot set this setting until the drone has taken off for some reason, so be careful.
Follow mode works great. I used it to follow the boat while tubing and the footage looks good. Its nice to set it up and go, and not have to fly and drive the boat at the same time.View attachment 186947
How did you land? I landed on the front sun pad bit it wasn't easy. The drone was not convinced it was a landable area.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How did you land? I landed on the front sun pad bit it wasn't easy. The drone was not convinced it was a landable area.
I grabbed mine. Oh boy did it not like that and went full power while I held on trying to figure out WTF to do to make it chill out. LOL! Finally in my panicked state I pushed the down button and it "landed" in my hand.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I grabbed mine. Oh boy did it not like that and went full power while I held on trying to figure out WTF to do to make it chill out. LOL! Finally in my panicked state I pushed the down button and it "landed" in my hand.
Lol. If I reach for mine the mother effer actually moved away from me. Also if you point both joysticks inward and down it acts as emergency shut off

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One of the better drone YouTubers (don't recall which one) advises to...
let the drone hover (don't try to fly it into your hand, as the obstacle avoidance will kick in), then reach up to grab it from underneath and then quickly turn it upside down (which automatically shuts down the props).

ImHowl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grab it out of the sky.
If you grab it and immediately rotate it upside down it will shut off.
The downward sensors will make it fly away from you as you reach for it. Once I get it in close, I turn it into sport mode which turns off all the sensors, and feather the joysticks as needed to get it closer so I can snatch it out of the sky.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Didn't think of sport mode. Awesome

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One of the better drone YouTubers (don't recall which one) advises to...
let the drone hover (don't try to fly it into your hand, as the obstacle avoidance will kick in), then reach up to grab it from underneath and then quickly turn it upside down (which automatically shuts down the props).
This is how I snatched mine, but didn't know the turn over trick. So the bugger tried to lift me off with it.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Drone flying and boating is exhilarating but I learned the hard way and bought a float system. Will save you a lot of grief.

Also if flying DJI the Home Point needs to be constantly updating to the location of the receiver or else it will return to the location where it launched from and if you are no longer there then it goes in the drink.

View attachment 186442
Been quite sometime since seeing chinaman hat and K bay!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Drone footage at the halfway point of the video.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Drone footage at the halfway point of the video.

Nice. Was the drone footage taken with auto track / follow functionality? Looks like you had the almost the entire lake to yourself.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice. Was the drone footage taken with auto track / follow functionality? Looks like you had the almost the entire lake to yourself.
No, my wife was driving the boat, I was manually following. Yeah, it wasn't full at all fortunately. We don't tow when it is busy

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, my wife was driving the boat, I was manually following. Yeah, it wasn't full at all fortunately. We don't tow when it is busy
You have skills Tabbius. If you would have said that was a built in filming feature I would go out and buy the same drone before next season. My phantoms, mavic and spark could not keep the subject in frame at such close range. I am still hoping a newer drone can or that such functionality is included soon.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You have skills Tabbius. If you would have said that was a built in filming feature I would go out and buy the same drone before next season. My phantoms, mavic and spark could not keep the subject in frame at such close range. I am still hoping a newer drone can or that such functionality is included soon.
I may have more editing skills than flying skills! The close close-ups are zoomed in post. I'll try a close autofollow the next time I'm out there.