• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Durango RT vs Audi Q7

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd like to believe that if they've had any brake issues in the past, they should be worked out by now. These models have been on the market long enough to be fairly well tweaked. Speaking of both models with this statement. And yes @Julian, Audi parts are daylight robbery. When I was rebuilding the transmission in my A8L, I happened to damage the transmission pan gasket that came in the ZF overhaul kit. Simple transmission pan gasket, as generic a gasket as you can imagine. Called an Audi dealer, and was quoted over $100 (I'm thinking about $150, but can't remember for sure) for the gasket. I made one out of compressed cardboard, used it during the break-in period, and got one off Ebay for $15 that I used after the initial fluid change.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, we have a winner in the battle of the Mighty Mouse SUV’s. There are a lot...a LOT of things I absolutely love about the Q7, but ultimately price was too big a factor, and the sporty factor coupled with being able to afford something newer with fewer miles hoisted the Durango RT to victory. Ended up with this gem. 2019, just under 10k miles, with the tow package. Black on black on black, which makes me a little nervous in some aspects, but I’m really digging the attitude. Thanks for all the input, it was adventure, hopefully many more to come with this, our backup tow vehicle.
(she’s a little dirty, but I’ll spit shine her up)
32DEB01A-F568-4850-BDF5-6ECCBA280FAC.jpeg1B60D31A-E37D-4F2A-A983-B7E562DB1A52.jpeg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, we sell trailers, which means we are classified as an “auto dealer”, so it allows us to get linked up with dealer auctions. Not necessarily awesome discounts, but maybe a couple grand under market value. I don’t know for sure, but I think the vehicle market is seeing a little bit of the same trends as the Yamaha boat market. Since a lot of factories were shut down, it seems to have driven the used market up a little. But I’m not sure, since it’s not really a focal point of our business.