• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine died on the water today, during a squall line, had to towed in

well, after letting the boat sit for a few days in the hot florida sun it cranked right up and ran fine on my little quick test drive around the lagoon. maybe the torrential rain caused something to get wet/damp that caused the engine to not correctly turn over??? gas appears fine and no issues with it running rough or anything

I would say you had moisture intrusion in one of your electrical connections. I would get some dielectric grease
and start checking every connection. You will find one with moisture and you need to dry it well, maybe get some CRC electric cleaner, let it dry then apply a thin coat of dielectric grease to the terminals and the seal and push them together. Take your time and go through them all. Focus on connectors that are low as well as any near or where a seam can drip on them.

Dang, it fixed itself.....lol.

I'd definitely do what Englewoodcowboy suggest.

Job Well Done Boys! You've saved another owner! Bravo.

Back