• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Experience Using YES Warranty during Covid

Jamlewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Its my understanding that right now a lot of folks are experiencing delays in getting their boats repaired at the dealer - many times the delay is due to parts availability issues. For those of you that have the YES warranty and have had a delayed repair, has Yamaha made any efforts to extend the YES warranty due to the delays? My factory warranty is up in a week, and I am on the fence on getting the YES warranty.

I had one from a previous buyer and didn’t realize it until it’s about to expire.
My only problem, a steering cable on a 3 yo boat with 50 hrs, was not covered so I never used it for anything. They did want me to leave the boat at a dealer for 2 weeks to make sure it was the cable but I declined.

There are a lot of exclusions that are outlined on their website. Outside of the very very rare catastrophic failure of your engines or maybe computer/connext, I don’t see what value they offer. I’d rather self warranty and probably end up with more money in my pocket in the end.

I’d find any cosmetic or annoying issues and get them taken care of now under the factory warranty since it is better.

Its my understanding that right now a lot of folks are experiencing delays in getting their boats repaired at the dealer - many times the delay is due to parts availability issues. For those of you that have the YES warranty and have had a delayed repair, has Yamaha made any efforts to extend the YES warranty due to the delays? My factory warranty is up in a week, and I am on the fence on getting the YES warranty.

My biggest concern is the engine and connext. Your boat is fairly new. I didn't put one on mine when I bought it, but put a 3 yr. YES Warranty on it right around 11 months. Plus I may change the boat next year or the year after for a possible FSH. Boats with Warranties that are assumable, as are these, sell better. Whether they are used or not.

I'd get it. Its a great selling point.

Just be sure you read up on the fine line details regarding transferring the YES warranty. It doesn’t just automatically stay with the boat.

Just be sure you read up on the fine line details regarding transferring the YES warranty. It doesn’t just automatically stay with the boat.

Good catch Kenny. Definitely needs to be transferred at a dealership. Some will do it sight unseen(just bring proof of ownership), some will require an inspection, some will require an inspection with couple of hours labor...could be few hundred dollars...

I got lucky with transferring them for free at a local powersport dealer(non boat)

I needed an inspection to transfer the warranty, it was around $200.00. I didn't mind I was the buyer, so the sale depended on the inspection report. It also started a relationship with the dealer and I also purchased an additional 4 year Yes warrant extension.

Back