• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exuma Bahamas Trip June 2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Am I reading it right that two boats and 3 skis are going?

Will be cool to be able to follow your progress online!
We have 2 Delorme inteach units and I think two spot gps units so we should be easy to follow lol. I was going to bring my boat originally but switched to the ski due to lack of crew they all bailed due to various reasons. I'm the only guy going solo on this trip the rest of you guys better keep the volume down in your rooms in the house.

#exumas2016

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if I'm more excited to hear about & see pictures of y'alls adventure...or checking out @Andy S new R5!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know if I'm more excited to hear about & see pictures of y'alls adventure...or checking out @Andy S new R5!
I'm sure a lot of our pictures will include his r5 so you will get the best of both worlds till we get to Bimini. I did here that @Andy S was offering short rides on his r5 once in Bimini at $10 per head for 5 minutes or $20 per head for 15 minutes. For the small price of $1000 per day it could be chartered with captain included.

#exumas2016

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Awesome looking trip! Cant wait to see pics/videos..

md11pilot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We would love and have dreamed about a trip like this. Unfortunately the timing is bad for this year. Anyone thinking of doing it next year also. Would love to tag along

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

md11pilot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been to Bimini multiple time on a 42 ft boat we previously owned. First time on a 24 ft boat. Seen and done all the sites around the North and South Island. Looking for larger experience. Not a nubie to boating.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We would love and have dreamed about a trip like this. Unfortunately the timing is bad for this year. Anyone thinking of doing it next year also. Would love to tag along
If we all come back alive and all vessels intact I'm willing to bet someone will try and pull this off next year. I do agree with @Bruce anyone who has not at least done the Bimini run before will want to try and start there. I promise there are people who have done the Bimini run before and saw this post that we were going to the Exumas and started shaking there heads and thinking no way in hell I would do that as its not for everyone.

md11pilot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm praying for Fair Winds and Following Seas for all those going this year. Hope your trip is fantastic as I know it will be memorable. Safe travels all.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been to Bimini multiple time on a 42 ft boat we previously owned. First time on a 24 ft boat. Seen and done all the sites around the North and South Island. Looking for larger experience. Not a nubie to boating.
This trip was put together as a group of friends that bonded on last years Bimini trip. These guys really will depending on each other for their safety. Anyone who fails to perform will be a burden on the others. In an emergency all they will have is each other for an extended period of time. You really need to get involved if you want to be in such a group in the future.

md11pilot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Understand the trust issue. Again not trying to force way into a group. Never was intended. Sorry I stepped on any toes. Enjoy your trip.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Understand the trust issue. Again not trying to force way into a group. Never was intended. Sorry I stepped on any toes. Enjoy your trip.
No toes stepped on. I believe there is a need to build relationships for such a trip and we want to avoid unexperienced boaters jumping into such a trip. Lets all get to know each other.

There probably will be an Exhumas 2017. The best way for anyone to get in on it would be to attend Bimini 2016.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anybody taking a drone?
I'm more then likely bringing my DJI Phantom 3 as long as there is room as its a very non essential item. Sorry moved you quote over here @Murf'n'surf instead of the longest tow thread.

#exumas2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting super stoked as we have one week from the start of our travels down to Florida ready to go!

#exumas2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well due to the weather forecast the Exumas trip has been moved up a day and will be heading out Thursday so less then 48 hours till launch time I hope Bimini works out for the rest of you guys!

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, now I have to take Thursday off so I can watch the whole crossing on my pc...hmmm?!?!? On second thought, maybe I will just watch during my conference calls.

I am hoping that you guys have good weather because I am living vicariously through your adventures. Someday, we will join in on one of these adventures. I have no doubt this group will make it no matter what. I experienced that first hand in Charleston. :p