• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

EZ locks for people wanting to replace the pin fix.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Although I don't list these on my web page , years ago I made ezlocks adapted for people who were disillusioned with trying to install and remove the pin fix from their clean out plugs.
This option is still available upon request .
They are adapted for the larger holes used for the pin fix, you only use one on each plug and they operate exactly the same as the regular ezlocks.
Place them on the plug prior to installing it, push down on the T handle and the lock closes when the plug dogs are engaged.
To remove it you simply squeeze the ezlock to take it off, then push the release button to pull the plug out.
This eliminates trying to install or remove a pin while the plug is down in the clean out opening.
You would need to email me directly to order these.
I will custom make them for you when ordered and charge you the same as the regular ezlocks. I am mentioning this due to a recent email from someone who had the misfortune of installing some pins before realizing just how difficult they were to use.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For a better understanding of how your clean out plug operates and how it can fail I made a video to explain it for you.
While watching the video pay close attention to just how little the tray needs to move or to not seat all the way in for the plug dogs to release unintentionally.
The ezlock plug lock was designed To address several issues people were experiencing with the pin fix and the purple plug fix.
Unfortunately the actual history and progression of the development of the ezlock is or" WAS" documented on the Y J B board as it transpired.
One issue with the purple plug fix was the initial installation.
The other was the replacement of factory parts and the effect that would have on a factory warranty.
Another issue is the actual use of the plug lock requiring a wrench and taking a lot of time to operate both in installing it and removing it, especially while out on the water if the conditions were not good etc.
As for the pin fix , aside from the obvious difficulty in installing and removing the pins while the plug is in place due to the clearance in the tube is very limited, Just look down in the clean out plug tube with the plug in place and imagine trying to install the pins, it's possible but certainly not convenient.
Another big concern is the large holes drilled in the plug to accommodate the pins.
The ezlock was designed to address those issues.
Based on the clean out plug design ONLY one lock per plug is needed, This is not arbitrary it's a proven fact derived from thousands of locks in use over many years.
I sell one per plug because they do not need any more, if it needed two I could double my sales!
Remember EZLOCKS have been doing their job for several years, they only require a very small 9/64ths hole be drilled in the clean out plug , they do not require you to disassemble the plug to do the install nor do they require any tools to install or remove them.
They go on the plug before you install it, they let you see that they are installed and operating properly.
They do not effect your factory warranty .
The " pin fix adapted locks " use the larger holes previously drilled in the plug for the pins and they operate exactly the same as the regular ezlocks do.
Just place it on the clean out plug prior to installing it in the tube, when you press the t handle down you see the lock close and you know the dogs are secure.
When you order ezlocks I also send you the correct size drill bit " 9/64ths" To insure that the installation is done properly.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Excellent videos Jeff. Thanks for your attention to detail and answering all my questions the other day regarding them! As a seasoned veteran of using the EZ Locks, I love them, and on top of that, I appreciate you getting me a new pair ASAP to cover the new boats clean out plugs! Watching some of the videos out there on the clean out plugs should be considered mandatory viewing for any Yamaha jet boat owner with new style plugs!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks, It was your questions that prompted me to post some of this information.
Although I have to warn you that I removed the wiggle factor from your new set since you were having entirely too much fun installing those locks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
LOL...I was overthinking them Jeff...as usual!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
REALLY Haaa