• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally Got a Build Date

dgsanford1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
We ordered a 165 in August and just got word for my dealer yesterday that we have a Build Date of January 10th with estimated delivery to the dealer end of February to early March.

We got:
Amethyst with Impact Graphics
Amethyst Upholstery
Marine Mat Throughout
300 Rotax
Wake Tower
Convenience Package
Trailering Cover

We are elated that it will be here in time for boat season.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We ordered a 165 in August and just got word for my dealer yesterday that we have a Build Date of January 10th with estimated delivery to the dealer end of February to early March.

We got:
Amethyst Upholstery
Marine Mat Throughout
300 Rotax
Wake Tower
Convenience Package
Trailering Cover

Congratulations!

:cool:

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
300 Rotax suggests a Chaparral Vortex?
Further research says, Yamaha, as there is no 16 in the Vortex line....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

We got:
Amethyst Upholstery
Marine Mat Throughout
300 Rotax
Wake Tower
Convenience Package
Trailering Cover

Scarab right?
what was the out the door price?

dgsanford1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Scarab right?
what was the out the door price?
Yes a Scarab.
OTD price was $47,462.88

We are upgrading from a 1996 Bayliner Jazz 120XR. We love the small factor of the boat and the 300 should just rip across the small lakes thoughout Michigan.

I will post pictures when we take delivery of it.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Interesting... we ordered in June and had a build date of October. About a week or so before our boat was supposed to go into production, Scarab cancelled all production (note: NOT delayed). According to the dealer, Scarab says they can't get engines from BRP.

Grayrage

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Interesting... we ordered in June and had a build date of October. About a week or so before our boat was supposed to go into production, Scarab cancelled all production (note: NOT delayed). According to the dealer, Scarab says they can't get engines from BRP.
Not sure what's going on there but Scarab gave me a build notice on 11/4. Not sure why they would do that if they were not making boats. Also, many dealers have been getting new 2022s delivered this month, so they seem to be producing boats. Have you gotten any updates?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Not sure what's going on there but Scarab gave me a build notice on 11/4. Not sure why they would do that if they were not making boats. Also, many dealers have been getting new 2022s delivered this month, so they seem to be producing boats. Have you gotten any updates?
Sorry, I kind of ghosted for a while.

Did you get your boat?

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Well, here's a quick update on my situation:

In December, I contacted a different dealer who said he had purchased build slots for summer (August-ish) 2022. The first dealer said he had no spots and nothing coming. Just that all orders were canceled. So I ended up taking one of the second dealer's slots. Well, needless to say probably, the date was pushed back. The build, finally, began In October, with delivery in November. The boat is now finished and at the dealer. He will keep it in heated storage for me until I pick it up in spring (sea trials, etc...). I wired some extra for the deposit and just got it insured. I'm just waiting on the final paperwork for financing and it will, officially, be ours.

Final configuration: 215 ID (2023). 300 hp x2. Red with impulse (no impact) graphics. Impulse Eclipse (black) interior. Wake tower with Bimini. Bunch of other bells and whistles but no Wake package.

I still own the 195 and it will probably go on sale this spring, just before we take delivery of the 215. I'm thinking of selling it on Pop-yachts or having the dealer do so on consignment. Haven't really planned that part too well, yet.

Looking forwards to more speed and space in 2023!