• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First jet boat! 2020 195s

nwj67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! First upgrade I made was the lateral thrusters from JetboatPilot, made docking so much smoother for this rookie.

Post pictures!! :)
Question,
We just checked out JetBoatPilot for lateral thrusters and they say they only work on boats up to 2018.....Any idea if they would work on a 2020? I suppose I could always email someone from the site and ask too :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question,
We just checked out JetBoatPilot for lateral thrusters and they say they only work on boats up to 2018.....Any idea if they would work on a 2020? I suppose I could always email someone from the site and ask too :)
Yamaha redesigned the nozzles in 2019 to offer more directional control. The modification effected the fitment of the lateral thrusters.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You dont really need them on a 2020 as they redesigned the buckets and can reverse much better now.

nwj67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You dont really need them on a 2020 as they redesigned the buckets and can reverse much better now.
Thanks guys! Sorry, we haven't even gotten to pick ours up yet. A bit chilly in Wisconsin. Glad to hear we shouldn't need them. Cheers!

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Sorry, we haven't even gotten to pick ours up yet. A bit chilly in Wisconsin. Glad to hear we shouldn't need them. Cheers!
I have a 2019 210 FSH and it is great near the dock. Much easier than my last I/O boat.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question,

20190920_165737.jpg

The 2020s have them built in from factory. Here's a pic from our factory 195S

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat!

The absolute first thing you buy should be a Stoltz bow roller (search this site for the correct part #).
It will prevent your beautiful new boat from getting scuffed up (badly) by the stock hard plastic roller.

Besides that everything else is whatever you prefer. If you spend any amount of time on this forum we’ll help you spend all sorts of money modding your boat :)
I may have to wait until I get the boat but was wondering which model Stoltz would work on the 195S

Godrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello guys just picked up my first jet boat. Picked up a 2020 195s. I live in Jacksonville Florida! Just wondering what the first things you guys do to your boats? Currently just bought a thrust vector wake! Thank you for any comments!
Hey. Did your 2020 195 S come with tower speakers. ?? Godrod

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine did not. We priced out the option and it was a little to pricey for us. The factory audio system sounded perfect for us.

Godrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello guys just picked up my first jet boat. Picked up a 2020 195s. I live in Jacksonville Florida! Just wondering what the first things you guys do to your boats? Currently just bought a thrust vector wake! Thank you for any comments!
Did your boat have tower speakers??

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Welcome! I got stuff like GPS and marine mat on my 210 fsh. I agree with the bow roller.. Must have.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
None of them come with Tower speakers. The tower speakers (wetsounds rev8s) that are in the advertisement pictures are additional. Your dealer can add them on. They are $1800 I belive my dealer told me. Then you'll pay dealer to install them. However you'll also need an amp, second battery, blah blah blah. So your better off doing it yourself.

Medvec04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No they did not. It was a add on and they wanted too much so I just did it myself. Very easy to do

Godrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congratulations! Enjoy!
What speakers did you buy? Do you have to add an amp and a second battery? I hate to be a dummy, Ut if you could point me in the right direction to get started, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Godrod

Godrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What speakers did you buy? Do you have to add an amp and a second battery? I hate to be a dummy, Ut if you could point me in the right direction to get started, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Godrod
Also, Do you really need to have a complete service after the first ten hours? Or is this another way for the dealership to take $200 out of your pocket? Godrod

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You really need a complete service at 10hrs. I had about 10 key fasteners that needed tightening and adjusted the reverse bucket.

Godrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. Sometimes I am just too cheap!! I hate to pull the boat out of the water and take the time to get it serviced, but I will. Thanks. Godrod

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your handy with tools you can do most of the service work on these boats yourself including the 10 hour service. This forum is a great resource for that assistance. I also downloaded the service manual. Some of us have put mods on the boat that would not be serviced by the dealer anyway. Think Cobra Fins, trailer guides, led lighting, audio equip etc