• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First post & Initial Impressions 2015 AR240

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree about the fuel gauge reading, but I'm referring to the data displayed by Connext which tells you your gallons used to the tenth.
It would appear DaytonGator had 2/3 of a tank for the return trip (and the on-plane optimistic bar graph gauge readout seems to agree) which is about ideal trip planning, yet he arrived back on fumes.
No doubt the current played a role as well as a probably a (much) higher return trip cruising speed. So given the 10% unusable due to the rear fuel pump location in these bow low boats, could Connext be relied upon to at least display the correct fuel burn for the trip of 45 gallons he said it took to fill up?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This test would have to be done on a lake that has zero current and remained at the same temperature. There are so many forces at play here that it is hard to tell.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree about the fuel gauge reading, but I'm referring to the data displayed by Connext which tells you your gallons used to the tenth.
It would appear DaytonGator had 2/3 of a tank for the return trip (and the on-plane optimistic bar graph gauge readout seems to agree) which is about ideal trip planning, yet he arrived back on fumes.
No doubt the current played a role as well as a probably a (much) higher return trip cruising speed. So given the 10% unusable due to the rear fuel pump location in these bow low boats, could Connext be relied upon to at least display the correct fuel burn for the trip of 45 gallons he said it took to fill up?
No connext on my boat, but the gallons used measure is always spot on.
My has been confirmed with every fill-up. Conditions or how the boat is run don't seem to matter. Always spot on. I don't even look at the fuel gauge anymore.

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same boat. my fuel burned doesn't quite match what I pump back in. It's always about 3 gallons more pumped in than the burn number. I always just add 5 to the burn number on connext.