• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Time Out With Cobra Jet Steering, some concerns /// fixed ///

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it wasn't bent. This was resolved last summer I was off a bit so I realigned them with the proper toe adjustment and everything was fine.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No it wasn't bent. This was resolved last summer I was off a bit so I realigned them with the proper toe adjustment and everything was fine.
I've been doing extensive research on the CJS and the TV's. Still can't decide

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
simple it depends on what features and benefits you want My system is tempered aluminum no plastic my system is adjustable so you get to set the influence level my system balances out the system with the second tie rod, my system has influence at all speeds without any aggressive resistance in the helm at any speed, My system does no hang below the original keel and rudder , my system has a deluxe model with inner top fins and no cut out fin for the tie rod my system also has the plaining surfaces on the nozzles for a faster hole shot and a smoother ride in chop plus a cleaner wake and my system does not require removing the stainless steel standoffs from the factory on the reverse buckets. I also have a super ultimate spring loaded version for your boat however I honestly do not believe it is any more effective nor is the springs going to benefit you much due to the careful positioning of the fins so spending the extra money is good for me but not really necessary for you. Features and benefits ask the people who have them it isn't new , flip phone or smart phone Oh and with my steering systems being adjustable you can decide to only have slow speed assistance if you wish but I would ask WHY ?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Extensive research should make the choice clear lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(or convince you that you should not ask about fins on this forum! lol)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(hey, wow! i guess i am one of those now. didn't even notice... too busy posting. lol)

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok I have checked with the level everything was in order. I towed them out 1/8 inch which they were not.. My original tie rod was stiff for some reason and that has been resolved. Will be going out tomorrow. Boat is on a slight left slope.
View attachment 119792
I know this is a couple years back but was hoping for clarity - when you did your initial installation, did you initially not do the 1/2-turn toe-out and doing so resolved your handling issues? Thanks!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did, at least I thought I did. There is a bit of slop in all the linkeage. Once I realigned everything with a straight edge and level then adjusted the tow properly it worked fine.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember I send you my email and my home phone so if you have a question you can check with me directly!

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok got it, thank you it is on it's way !!!

Last edited:

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ok got it, thank you it is on it's way !!!
Thanks for the assist getting things setup 1.5 weeks back. So far, so good. The boat travels in a straight line at speed with FAR less need for correction - I can hold the wheel in one spot and the boat just goes straight!