• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Wakesurf Board, what to get??

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for some feedback from those of you who have gotten into this sport....I'd like to get an entry level board and would like to get it on the cheap if possible...not looking to spend 500 for something we're not sure we're going to like yet

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I picked up a Liquid Force Fish 5.6 for $219. Works well. I doubt you'll find that you won't enjoy surfing!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I picked up a Liquid Force Fish 5.6 for $219. Works well. I doubt you'll find that you won't enjoy surfing!
I'm going to buy a hyperlite landlock for beginners behind my boat this summer.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hyperlite Broadcast....i've only surfed on it once but seemed to handle well. it's got good reviews online for a beginner. you can probably get a 2013 model for a good price.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll look into that one!!!

Was looking at the landlock, could find the a month ago for 200 shipped, but now they are 300+ :/

Last edited:

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I
Hyperlite Broadcast....i've only surfed on it once but seemed to handle well. it's got good reviews online for a beginner. you can probably get a 2013 model for a good price.
ll check that one as well!! Thanks!!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice thing about the broadcast it fits in the 212x wakeboard rack without any issues. @woodard1983

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I rode that Hyperlite Landlock last year, it was a good board to start on for sure.

I bought a Ronix Koal Fish (5'6") over the winter. I plan on using this as my board that anyone can ride until we get the ballast/etc figured out in the boat to surf on something smaller/different. I have out had it out yet, but hope to soon, just have to get the water temps a bit closer to 70 deg., 57 is just a bit too chilly for me without a wetsuit.

FYI, the Koal Fish does not fit in the floor locker (at least on my AR210), so looks like I need to get a rack or two now, oh well!!

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not concerned about the rack size, I bought a double wakeboard w/surf rack last year...was only $10 more than the double wakeboard so figured I should go ahead and grab it...if nothing else the wake skate goes in there :)

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Liquid fo
how thick is the fish? I can't seem to find any info on that
Liquid force fish is not very thick at all. We rented once last year. I think we did the middle size. It was too small for me at 215.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cant help you a whole lot of brand/style to get...BUT..... I've purchased off this place when we were getting into a wake-board, last years models in the outlet store are affordable.... Figured kids the outgrow it fast so didn't want to drop a lot of coin.

www.evo.com

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have surfed the liquid force fish 5'6", hyper lite broadcast 5'4", and ronix koal fish. Ronix was fastest and easiest to go rope less but feels very fragile. Liquid Force not quite as fast but very durable. Broadcast slower and very easy to ride with rope but hardest to go ropeless. Also very durable. The Liquid Force and Hyperlite both juuuust fit into wakeboard rack. Ronix would require surf rack.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cant help you a whole lot of brand/style to get...BUT..... I've purchased off this place when we were getting into a wake-board, last years models in the outlet store are affordable.... Figured kids the outgrow it fast so didn't want to drop a lot of coin.

www.evo.com
thats where I found the Landlock for 200, for some stupid reason I didn't pull the trigger and they sold out :(

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have surfed the liquid force fish 5'6", hyper lite broadcast 5'4", and ronix koal fish. Ronix was fastest and easiest to go rope less but feels very fragile. Liquid Force not quite as fast but very durable. Broadcast slower and very easy to ride with rope but hardest to go ropeless. Also very durable. The Liquid Force and Hyperlite both juuuust fit into wakeboard rack. Ronix would require surf rack.
can you explain the "feels more fragile" part? Do you just mean that the board is softer/more likely to get scratched up?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is a foam core board with an epoxy outer layer. Would be easy to dent or damage if you aren't careful. The other two are compression molded like a wakeboard.

Aaron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Liquid Force Trip 138 cm. This size board will fit a lot of people. Its also a very good beginner to intermediate board. Go to www.evo.com you can get some on wholesale that include the bindings. You want something that lots of different people can use.