• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Wakesurf Board, what to get??

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ordered the 5'6" liquid force fish today. FYI.... evo.com had it on sale for like $239 and $279 for the board/rope combo.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@redthumper9 I can't find it for $239 on EVO, all I see is the $279 rope combo. Do you have a link? I have no need for the rope.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries, still a good price. Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Overton's has all their liquid force gear on sale (15% off), I think the fish was 254.99.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just used the 5'3" liquid force fish for the first time today with friends who never surfed before. the board was awesome!! everyone got up and the board was super stable and easy. big thumbs up for those looking for a beginner board for everyone on the boat. much easier than my hyperlite broadcast

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up the last 5' 3" fish they had, can't wait to get it and a chance to try it out!!! :)

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i guarantee you won't be disappointed. let me know how you like it. @woodard1983

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the Liquid Force Fish from Evo Outlet during the winter. I got it for $180 with free shipping. I must admit I thought about buying several and saving them for the summer to resale. But, I didnt.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol, do you really have to tell me things like that right after I bought one?!?!?! ;)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, it was like 1 or 2 years old model. Something odd like that. Can't remember specifics though. I had to look up the price I paid for it.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just an FYI, I received the email from overtons stating that they have a discount available by using the discount code "boating"

Overton's price on the FIsh w/rope combo is $279.99, with the 15% off discount it makes it $237.99...I called EVO to cancel my order and was going to go with Overtons due to the lower cost....

Here's the GREAT news, the EVO rep let me know they price match, plus 5%....out the door price through EVO using the price match was only $225.15 :)

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, it was like 1 or 2 years old model. Something odd like that. Can't remember specifics though. I had to look up the price I paid for it.

hahaha, no worries, I was just giving you crap!!! Can't blame you for finding a better deal

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now I just need to get UP on that fish!!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity what type of rack/brand is everybody putting their fish in? I was hoping ours would fit in our wakeboard rack but no go.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Fish 5'6" board and with no ballast my son (~110 lbs) can surf ropeless, just barely. For me (220 lbs) seems like no matter how many ppl i have in the boat I cant go ropeless, i could be just I'm not good enough but I honestly think i just need some ballast. I'm looking at getting the Fat Sac 1620 Lb + pump package on Amazon ($300). From what I have been reading the most common setup would be a 540 lb bag in bow, 540 lb on side your surfing on (under the port or starboard seat) plus one on the transom (same side). Seems like people that have this setup are able to straight line surf ropeless.

With a 242 that I have I'm hoping it works!

I don't think this set-up will let you straight line surf but it will let you surf in a circle. There are only a select few on the board that can actually pull of the straight line surf behind a Yamaha and it requires a lot more ballast and the wake is washy. Hopefully here soon things are going to change and everyone will be able to straight line surf behind their Yamaha with the new product that is coming soon!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The wife on our straight line surf wake.

DSC_0007.JPG

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I took my Hyperlite Landlock out for the first time last night and was able to go ropeless with just standard 212x ballast. We were running in a wide circle but I had no issues. The board however is a hippo compared to my Inland Surfer squirt which feels like a cheetah. I can't go ropeless for more than 10seconds on the IS squirt though. Most of that is probably due to technique. Carving the wake while holding the rope on the IS squirt is a lot of fun.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One more thing that surprised me is that the Hyperlite Landlock fit in my standard 212x wakeboard rack. All the measurements I did and read about online had me convinced it wouldn't but it just fits snugly.