• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floating Mats

TheGreekTitan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The guy on the bike had plenty of time to avoid that imo. On my bike I never follow a vehicle towing anything, or has anything strapped down. That was a double whammie.

I hope he's ok, and sticks to 4 wheels in the future.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So, those with the Costco version: can a 200 lb adult stand on it? More than 1 adult?

Mrbruin2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the Costco mat. We bought the Sam's club one last year and returned to after one use. It was very thick and did not lay flat in the water. Also didn't seem like it would last as it seemed like a much more easily torn/punctured material than the real versions. I'm sure we will love this one and will report back once we receive and use it. Also thanks for the great storage idea!

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@BobJohnson...Just used it this weekend!!! The kids had a blast on it! I'm over 200lbs and It held me fine, but i didn't try to stand or walk on it. It is BIG!! But with 2 people it was easy to roll up and I was able to tie it down by myself. It's worth the money for the kids...It's not the best picture, but you can see that it fits perfectly in the back.IMG_3856.JPG

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just bought an 18'x6' Rubber Dockie mat from a 70 year old guy who used it one time and then realized it was too much for him to handle. Paid $300 so seems like a good deal.

7-13-2017 1-22-37 PM.png

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we have a 17' lilypad(our boat is only 17.5' LOL!) we LOVE every minute of it. awesome for coving up. kids play on it, or then me an the mrs hang out on it... or both. actually paid 600+ at scheels. then stopped at costco, and found it for 349. felt kinda bad, but returned it to scheels and bought at costco, which gave up 1ft of mat, dont notice it.

honestly, there were difficulties rolling back up while floating, but my son and I have gotten pretty good at it now.

2nd favorite boating purchase, second only to extended boarding ladder! felt like shamu beaching for the photo op at seaworld sometimes with the single step. :)

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, those with the Costco version: can a 200 lb adult stand on it? More than 1 adult?
yo must be athletic, but yes. it isnt easy though. I am about 190 now. it takes a sec. but I can stand. though you look like a baby giraffe on ice til you get the hang of it HAHA.

one of our games is to jam as many people as we can into one spot, and see how low we can get it to sink. and make a "cesspool" we call it.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have the Rubber Dockie and it's fun, but hard to manage.

IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0815.JPG

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cool can't wait to try mine out. I do worry about rolling it back up while out on the water.
Yes, rolling it up while on the water is the toughest part. It' takes 2 people. Last time out, we didn't have far to go to the launch so we just pulled it mostly in the boat, then rolled it up in the parking lot. Had to keep the speed down though.

Mrbruin2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've had good success standing on the upper swim deck and having it layed out on the water and pulling it up while rolling onto the lower swim deck. Gives a stable surface to roll up against and did it successfully 4 days in a row

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
For those who are cheap like me (and/or worried about stowing a non-inflating mat), Dick's has the WOW Water Walkway that seems to be popular for 25% off in the 6 and 10' lengths. Discount applies in cart and free shipping.

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wow-walkway-water-mat-16wowuwwwtrwlkwyxwsr/16wowuwwwtrwlkwyxwsr

I went with the 10' for $135 plus tax. I know some have said one of them is $89 at Sam's (not sure if that is 6 or 10') but I don't have a membership and it seems to be hit or miss if your local store carries it.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Amazon sometimes has this or air head gang plank for $99. I use camelcamelcamel.com to monitor it and have purchased two of them for $99.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks. Looks like the graph shows those prices in the early or late fall. I figured I could save some money by waiting but we still have another two months or so of season here so I figured that extra usage justified it.

I've been looking on and off for a few months now and haven't seen it much lower.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
we have the original aqua lillypad, it's like the worlds best babysitter. The kids flock to it, even from other boats! While the adults can kick back and enjoy the boat.

It is somewhat fragile, there's chucks taken out of ours here and there so you have to be careful with them.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we have the original aqua lillypad, it's like the worlds best babysitter. The kids flock to it, even from other boats! While the adults can kick back and enjoy the boat.

It is somewhat fragile, there's chucks taken out of ours here and there so you have to be careful with them.
yup.

and when they come back to the boat, us old folks can sun our old bodies on it. LOL

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just be carefull stowing these. Ouch!

holy crap. the biker in me just fainted lol

For towing, we store ours inside the boat, squished between the captains chairs and strapped in. On the water, it is strapped on the engine cover/sunpad. Which works but I hate. #smallboatproblems

Now, reason for posting...I actually got back to this by googling. I'm curious how a Yamaha owner stores the lily pads on the 240's swim decks, with the curved edges. does it fit between the two cupholders? any of you have a photo of it strapped there?! My hop[e is to have it on the lower deck, leaving the upper for dock loading and unloading.

thinking ahead here, if/when we do go the jet route. may just get one of those zip together inflatables....or many of them. that would be cool. How well do those store for you?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In transport, I place mine standing in the isle such that I have still have easy access to the bow. When rolled up it is simple to secure the top of the pad to the ski tower, so that the pad stays in place, while you are motoring to your swim spot. It’s big and cumbersome but I’d rather have somewhat restricted movement inside the boat (secured standing up in the isle), than dealing with something tied horizontally to the swim-platform and restricting access to the stern. I don’t travel that far to my favorite swim spots, so this works fine for me.

In the garage, I’ve made a simple hoist to raise and store the pad out of the way of my cars. It’s light enough that some simple pulleys do the trick.