• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floating Mats

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You have to call the store or go to the store to place the order to ship to store to get it at the price of $399. They will not ship to home and you can't place online order.
I paid for my order yesterday and should arrive next week.
I just went to West Marine and picked up the mat for the $399 price. No online and didn’t call the store. I live almost right next to a West Marine just walked over and the store had 7 to choose from.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just stumbled across this thread while searching for BBQ options.
@Peelz I found a simple way to store mine while cruising and it stays out of the way. The second deck stays open too! Never had a problem with it and it stays secure.
View attachment 70852
Please explain how you secure this.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I picked up the O’Brien playfield in 6’x12’ from
Overton’s a few weeks back. It’s on sale for 399$ right now which I felt was a pretty good deal.

It’s been a great addition to the boat, basically like adding 12’ to the swim deck. It’s very rigid when fully inflated, which is the main advantage of the inflatable ones. You don’t have to get wet to use it, I was back there sitting on it in a folding chair and enjoying my cigar. Inflating is definitely a pain. I’ve been getting it most of the way there with a tube pump, then using the hand pump it came with to get up to the pressure it specifies. Looking to invest in a high psi sup pump very shortly...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If the girls come with the mat. I want 2.😁 Rolling them up I will deal with😉
Ha! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make a comment 😁

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine just arrived!
95D0549A-69A4-4420-B714-10E6D000D2CE.jpeg

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked up the O’Brien playfield in 6’x12’ from
Overton’s a few weeks back. It’s on sale for 399$ right now which I felt was a pretty good deal.

It’s been a great addition to the boat, basically like adding 12’ to the swim deck. It’s very rigid when fully inflated, which is the main advantage of the inflatable ones. You don’t have to get wet to use it, I was back there sitting on it in a folding chair and enjoying my cigar. Inflating is definitely a pain. I’ve been getting it most of the way there with a tube pump, then using the hand pump it came with to get up to the pressure it specifies. Looking to invest in a high psi sup pump very shortly...
I have a similar mat. Invested in this pump a few months ago, its pricey so I was on the edge about it, but we've now used it 3 or 4 times and I'm in love with it. One press and it auto inflates in a few minutes. Starts off as a high flow pump to get it inflated, then switches to high pressure mode and automatically shuts off at whatever PSI you want. Deflating works just as well, and gets it pancake flat for easy folding.

Edit, just saw the price went up. It was $134 when I bought it, so shop around.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I almost bought the shark. Got the 57 dollar blue one instead. If it dies I'll return it and get the shark

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@seanmclean thanks. I’ve been trying to figure out which pump to get. At 170$ I’m not sure I’m there yet... I’ve read articles that have said that these pumps just don’t last very long, even the expensive ones.

@tabbibus does the cheap blue one take forever to fill the mat since it’s not two stage?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just arrived yesterday. Will likely get out this weekend! I'll report back.

Screenshot_20200605-112419.png

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 121553
I’ve used this pump for 4 seasons now on both my SUPs and inflatable platform. No issues so far. Yes, it’s probably not the fastest, but it works every time up to 10psi (that’s as high as I’ve ever tried). Beware, it’s pretty loud!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve used this pump for 4 seasons now on both my SUPs and inflatable platform. No issues so far. Yes, it’s probably not the fastest, but it works every time up to 10psi (that’s as high as I’ve ever tried). Beware, it’s pretty loud!
@Plpbecks

Well didn't work. Not sure if it is the boat's fault our the pump. My 12V at helm may be dead. Gotta figure that one out. But my 12V in the wet storage in the back powers my fan just fine but with the pump it will only turn it on, it won't blow air.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Plpbecks

Well didn't work. Not sure if it is the boat's fault our the pump. My 12V at helm may be dead. Gotta figure that one out. But my 12V in the wet storage in the back powers my fan just fine but with the pump it will only turn it on, it won't blow air.
Sounds like a bum pump, sorry to hear that! Mine continues to work every weekend, but maybe I should be thankful I got a working unit.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bummer, I ordered mine and got it last weekend. Worked great, definitely not the fastest, but much better than the manual pump!

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please explain how you secure this.
Sorry I just saw this. I took 2 pieces of rope and looped them around the swim mat. Then I hook them onto the ski eyelet. I’m heading out to the boat in a few. I’ll take a pic.
To answer your other question I have never had anyone cut it down or try to steal it.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 121553
I have this pump too for my SUP! I used it this weekend to blow up a tube and must say I'm really impressed. Set it to 1.6 PSI and now the tube is nice and firm. Much easier to pull around.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like you have the same pad we have from sams club. They seem to be the only one with the metal grommet embedded in it.

What are you using for paddleboard racks on the tower? We have used ours way more when we take them to fun locations to board around, or out of the wind.