• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floating Mats

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
the price is high on this one, but i believe well worth it. the largest mat of 13' x 6.5' folds up in its own carrying bag to 29" x 14" x 14" which should store easily in the ski locker.
on sale now either amazon or mission boat gear's website https://www.amazon.com/MISSION-Reef-Mat-85-2017/dp/B06XYKTPPX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511895630&sr=8-1&keywords=mission+reef+mat&th=1&psc=1
i picked the large one up for Christmas... i have been watching it from the beginning of the year. it has just now gone on sale... from $898.00 to $673.50 Excellent reviews as wellScreen Shot 2017-11-28 at 2.05.09 PM.png

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
holy crap. the biker in me just fainted lol

For towing, we store ours inside the boat, squished between the captains chairs and strapped in. On the water, it is strapped on the engine cover/sunpad. Which works but I hate. #smallboatproblems

Now, reason for posting...I actually got back to this by googling. I'm curious how a Yamaha owner stores the lily pads on the 240's swim decks, with the curved edges. does it fit between the two cupholders? any of you have a photo of it strapped there?! My hop[e is to have it on the lower deck, leaving the upper for dock loading and unloading.

thinking ahead here, if/when we do go the jet route. may just get one of those zip together inflatables....or many of them. that would be cool. How well do those store for you?
Check out these posts if you are considering the blow up airhead gang plank.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/gang-plank-storage-and-drying.7428/#post-128409

in this thread, the gangplank was recently on sale for $49. I bought 3 :)
https://jetboaters.net/threads/what-a-deal-post-up-bargains-here.1784/page-32#post-273291

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

For towing, we store ours inside the boat, squished between the captains chairs and strapped in. On the water, it is strapped on the engine cover/sunpad. Which works but I hate. #smallboatproblems

Now, reason for posting...I actually got back to this by googling. I'm curious how a Yamaha owner stores the lily pads on the 240's swim decks, with the curved edges. does it fit between the two cupholders? any of you have a photo of it strapped there?! My hop[e is to have it on the lower deck, leaving the upper for dock loading and unloading.

thinking ahead here, if/when we do go the jet route. may just get one of those zip together inflatables....or many of them. that would be cool. How well do those store for you?

I just stumbled across this thread while searching for BBQ options.
@Peelz I found a simple way to store mine while cruising and it stays out of the way. The second deck stays open too! Never had a problem with it and it stays secure.
FF38FB0D-35C6-41D4-AD15-FD7B203A9AC9.jpeg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I picked up an intex king sized inflatable mattress for $2 at the local thrift store...haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went with two air head inflatable planks for about $100 shipped. The foam models are just too big and expensive for me.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just stumbled across this thread while searching for BBQ options.
@Peelz I found a simple way to store mine while cruising and it stays out of the way. The second deck stays open too! Never had a problem with it and it stays secure.
View attachment 70852
We attach ours the same exact way.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know a couple of people that have had them and how big of a pain they were so we ended up buying this. Much easier to deal with, not as sturdy as the foam mats but still plenty sturdy for what we do. Mainly a place to have the kids play. Also in our group we have about 4 mats and they all zip together.

I have the same one and love it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree, to me they are less painful than inflatable options. just bulky back there.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the shorter one first and it was not as cool. the 18ft long is way more fun than the 9ft long one.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2 people, shallow water and roll it towards the back of the boat. Once rolled, one holds it from unrolling while the other puts straps around it

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We use the rear deck to roll it back from the inside of the boat. Start the roll tight, roll and pull in, repeat several times, and it's rolled up. must keep taught and "closed" while rolling.

You need two competent adults.

Trial and Error for sure will help you find your groove.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 9x6 one the other night, hoping it will be easier to roll, store, and move around. Although after reading reviews, it sounds like the smaller sizes leave a lot to be desired. I’ll report back after we’ve had a chance to test it out

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You have to call the store or go to the store to place the order to ship to store to get it at the price of $399. They will not ship to home and you can't place online order.
I paid for my order yesterday and should arrive next week.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The guy on the bike had plenty of time to avoid that imo. On my bike I never follow a vehicle towing anything, or has anything strapped down. That was a double whammie.

I hope he's ok, and sticks to 4 wheels in the future.
Let's be honest, he could've completely landed that too...