• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Florida keys

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking of going to florida keys around next Thanksgiving. I am wanting to take my ar 230 i am looking for info on places to stay where i can launch close to or keep the boat at dock during our stay .Thanks for any info.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where abouts in the keys? You can find homes on VRBO or similar sites that have dockage to tie up to. I used one in Marathon with mooring balls that we left our boat at and could accommodate our trailer in the yard. We launched about a mile away and my wife drove the truck back while I brought the boat to the house.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watching!

Anyone consider @veedubtek idea? Seems like it could shave a bunch of highway miles...
Sounds good? Too good? Sounds really good to me.
You could also just trailer to Marco Island and boat to KW from there. ~90 miles?
--

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never been down there just looking for some ideas i have 2 teenagers and wanted to do some snorkeling and boating .And some decent places to stay

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only way i would do marco island to kw would be with someone that knows what todo and where to go

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Key largo, and Marathon are nice for snorkeling, boating, smaller restaurants and tours. You can leave the boat and do a day trip to Key West and Bahia Honda state park also. Local dive shops have the main snorkel spots highlighted on their pages. The upper keys are a slower pace my wife and I enjoy.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watching!

Anyone consider @veedubtek idea? Seems like it could shave a bunch of highway miles...

--
We are planning on doing this ...we live on Sanibel island....will definitely need to carry some extra fuel on board though ....Marco to kw is a full tank assuming everything is perfect....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are planning on doing this ...we live on Sanibel island....will definitely need to carry some extra fuel on board though ....Marco to kw is a full tank assuming everything is perfect....
Oh I would say most definitely extra fuel needed in the amount of several 5gal cans or a bladder. Plenty of room for that in the ski locker, so the major concern would be the conditions.

That said...
It is just very very hard to get over the idea of you (and not me) living on Sanibel island right now, on this twenty deg morning here...
:D

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Key largo, and Marathon are nice for snorkeling, boating, smaller restaurants and tours. You can leave the boat and do a day trip to Key West and Bahia Honda state park also. Local dive shops have the main snorkel spots highlighted on their pages. The upper keys are a slower pace my wife and I enjoy.
I agree with this I love the upper Keys. Key Largo is a great spot.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My wife and I havea trip planned pending when bimini happens as backup I'll share our week long island hoping schedule. Gives about 2 days in each place.

Put in around homestead and then travel to largo that morning.

Little more detail with some different places we have considered staying

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you .i would love todo bimini but i can never get off for summer so thinking key west late fall may be easier todo

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you .i would love todo bimini but i can never get off for summer so thinking key west late fall may be easier todo
you could do Bimini in the fall, just get extra diapers and insurance.

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think about it if someone else went .lol

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
that is is easy. watch this: @Amar Nanduri when are you going to the bamahas again ?
Lol. Should be early April @Betik as soon as the seas calm down. The last time I tried on a Formula 350 I ended up with a 2k repair bill (and this is just for covering the first 2 mikes from Miami Beach).

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Since this topic deal with the Florida Keys, I will be in Florida Keys for a week in last week of December. I managed to rent a boat for 3 days in marathon key. What all interesting places are there to visit ? Unfortunately the boat is limited to 1 mile each way from marathon key as per the contract terms.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since this topic deal with the Florida Keys, I will be in Florida Keys for a week in last week of December. I managed to rent a boat for 3 days in marathon key. What all interesting places are there to visit ? Unfortunately the boat is limited to 1 mile each way from marathon key as per the contract terms.
@Amar Nanduri, tell us about what happened to you in the Formula 350.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Watching!

--

You could also just trailer to Marco Island and boat to KW from there. ~90 miles?
--

I have done this both times I went to KEY WEST. Goodland is a great drop in spot, and about 99 miles to Key West.
We stayed at The Galleon both times, for the first week of lobster season. Awesome trip !

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol. Should be early April @Betik as soon as the seas calm down. The last time I tried on a Formula 350 I ended up with a 2k repair bill (and this is just for covering the first 2 mikes from Miami Beach).

yeap