• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fogging port

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Has anyone installed or purchased a fogging port on their Yamaha engine. A neat little device installed on the valve cover that you can spray your engine defogging oil into and it goes through a small hose and into a fitting right into the air intake manifold. Seen it on jet boat pilot video for winterizing you yamaha boat by Will Owens. He has it on his boats it was installed when it purchased the boat but can’t get them to sell ????? .This device makes defogging your engine very easy nothing to take apart..

Has anyone installed or purchased a fogging port on their Yamaha engine. A neat little device installed on the valve cover that you can spray your engine defogging oil into and it goes through a small hose and into a fitting right into the air intake manifold. Seen it on jet boat pilot video for winterizing you yamaha boat by Will Owens. He has it on his boats it was installed when it purchased the boat but can’t get them to sell ????? .This device makes defogging your engine very easy nothing to take apart..

Show us what you saw. It may only be for certain engines, or unnecessary for others, but without you showing us what you saw, there's an awful lot of JBP vids to go through to find a specific thing that he's not offering for sale.

Maybe it's something easy to fashion from off the shelf parts, and that's why he doesn't sell it. Point us to the what and where that you're looking for.

Cycle Springs in Clearwater installs them on the Yahama engines as part of their “package”. I would give their parts department a call.

IMG_2300.jpeg

I am also interested but was not able to get a answer from them. Let us know what they said .....I would have thought someone would have created a kit.

Any update on your call?

Dealers around here (Cycle Springs & Rockstar) are closed Sundays and Mondays... Also we have a hurricane inbound not sure what their plan is... especially since they have my boat.
Any update on your call?

called about the fogging port , they do not sell to the public. He said may be some day ?????? Hope you don't have any problems during the hurricane. Take care

I purchased both my watercraft from Cycle Springs and both have them on the intake port.
Didnt know they didnt sell it separately.

Hi everyone! I wanted to take a minute and address the fogging port question that I see some are curious about. At this time we ONLY install fogging ports exclusively on units that are sold directly from Cycle Springs. If anyone still has any questions, feel free to contact me directly.
Happy Boating!! - Stacy @ Cycle Springs Powersports #727-771-1234

is there anyone who might be willing to take a picture of this. Thanks

This is on my Waverunner with the 1.8. See the blue “nipple” and the line runs into the intake just prior to the throttle body.

IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg

You can also just loosen the hose clamp to allow you to disconnect the end of the hose, run the engine and spray the oil in the hose then return the hose and clamp to their proper position

Thanks for that. I plan on that for this year but might pull some pieces together for ports next year. While im on it. I poked around a little on your website for the cobra jet steering. can you recommend what would be best for my 2023 252SD. I realize its mostly for improved steering (which would be great when you need a quick turn to pick up a skier) but i'd love something that knocks the jetwash down a little. Even with 75' of rope the tubers are still getting a face full of spray. thx

Thanks for that. I plan on that for this year but might pull some pieces together for ports next year. While im on it. I poked around a little on your website for the cobra jet steering. can you recommend what would be best for my 2023 252SD. I realize its mostly for improved steering (which would be great when you need a quick turn to pick up a skier) but i'd love something that knocks the jetwash down a little. Even with 75' of rope the tubers are still getting a face full of spray. thx
The most popular set for your boat is the super magnum ak-19 deluxe system, This has super fins for all speeds, it is several inches above the bottom of the rudder so it does not increase the draft of the boat and the fins are adjustable so you can set them to your personal preference. they change their influence levels based on the position of the hull in the water and they provide very fast high speed turns so you can sling tubes around. they also get rid of the loss of control if you are decelerating in a turn so you avoid loosing control and possibly running over someone or some thing in the water . The system also has the patented second tie rod so if one side ever fails the other side picks up the entire steering system. The trick to towing tubes is first a 75 foot rope no issues with slinging the tubes if you have the steering added , next is to inflate the tube hard so your hand bounces off it, that lets the tube slide across the water rather than drag as that requires a lot more thrust and power and that creates more water from the jet so the easier it is to maintain control of the boat and tubes the easier it is to pull them with less throttle. I use a hand pump at the end to finish the inflation process , the type of hand pump the kite surfers use. Very effective and inexpensive. As for the steering it also has a small plaining surface that mounts under the nozzle opening to get the boat up quicker and reduce the bow hop in chop . So if you think towing tubes is complicated let me show you my favorite tube towing videos that I made to demonstrate just how much control you have over the tube or tubes if you inflate them properly and have real steering at speed.
. Also if you have other people who would like to drive your boat but don't feel comfortable with it once you install the super steering they will like driving the boat. I have 2 deluxe versions of the steering the magnum I mentioned for the buy direct discount price of $489.99 with free domestic shipping or the spring loaded version the ULTIMATE For the but direct price of $569.99 also with free domestic shipping . You can contact me directly with questions if you wish the phone number is on my web page . I am also currently in the process of designing a special S D setup for the 27 foot and 25 foot boats with the SD steering after many requests since those came out so anyone interested in this is also welcome to contact me on that.
super ultimate version 1697207055563.png
Super magnum version 1697207323421.png

I'm interest in the 252SD you mentioned above. Your website doesnt see to be working thought. Please post when you have that set up done.
thanks

I'm interest in the 252SD you mentioned above. Your website doesnt see to be working thought. Please post when you have that set up done.
thanks
Site is back up and I already have a couple of steering setups for your 2023 252 SD your boat has the rudder here is a link to a couple of options for that boat Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 and new Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE steering for 2019 and newer Yamaha Twin Engine Jet Boats and Cobra Super Magnum AK-19 and new Super Magnum AK-19 DELUXE steering for 2019 and newer Yamaha Twin Engine Articulating Keel Boats . The previous post shows both of the deluxe versions I mentioned

Back