• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For Bimini 2016 Registrants - What activities would you like to do in Bimini?

What activities would you like to do in Bimini?

• Total voters

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I kinda just voted for everything we did last year... but I'd do it again!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just briefly viewed this but maybe you do a pot luck dinner the last night at the infinity pool it gives everyone a chance to get rid of the last of their groceries and a shot for one last get together before everyone leaves. I know I didn't bring any groceries back last year and do not plan to this year what ever doesn't get used gets left in the unit or in the trash anyway so this could be a way to solve that..

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just briefly viewed this but maybe you do a pot luck dinner the last night at the infinity pool it gives everyone a chance to get rid of the last of their groceries and a shot for one last get together before everyone leaves. I know I didn't bring any groceries back last year and do not plan to this year what ever doesn't get used gets left in the unit or in the trash anyway so this could be a way to solve that..
Bimini Sands keeps offering a catered meal. Of course they want to charge $20 to $30 a person but that really is a pretty good deal for food there. If the group would like to have a catered meal we are in.

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We cut our trip short last year and really didn't have anyone to run with, I think his year we may want to have a different group take the lead each day for planned activities and if we want to join in we all meet up at a certain time to coordinate the event. Each family would pick a destination and set up the even.

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Last year we took all our extra food, 2 cases of water, and ,if you can believe it, an extra case of beer and dropped it all down at the shark lab where all the starving college interns work. They were very appreciative of our donations.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@chris24 , if you have extra beer this year, may I be the first to volunteer to make sure it is properly "disposed" of? ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jerry Ferrera, I am thinking that this is a good way to find the crews (families) that are interested in each activity. I like the idea of having different boats leading groups out. I want to leave Bimini with as many captains that are capable of leading groups in 2017 as possible.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce , and for the really, really adventurous bunch of us, we would like to watch @JROD swim with the sharks!
Neal Watson Scuba Center which is at Bimini Sands offers several swimming with the shark adventures. Both reef sharks and the big ones.

Or you can go to Big Game Club and get them to chum the water and lower you in their shark cage.

Or this is an option for the really adventurous

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce , and for the really, really adventurous bunch of us, we would like to watch @JROD swim with the sharks!
OK, but all spectators must be in the water. Really no big deal as long as the guide knows his stuff, is well prepared with shark stick and repellent when they get too interested. Great heart exercise too! ;-)

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
OK, but all spectators must be in the water. Really no big deal as long as the guide knows his stuff, is well prepared with shark stick and repellent when they get too interested. Great heart exercise too! ;-)
Okay, I talk to my group. And we got four for some kind of swimming with shark activity

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, I talk to my group. And we got four for some kind of swimming with shark activity
I added the choice. Time to man up and vote!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JROD has voted for swimming with the sharks. But we know the Sharks are too afraid of him to get close.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I added the choice. Time to man up and vote!
@Bruce, if we want to have an adults party night, Big John's, on north Bimini is the rocking place! Last year a few of us stayed a bit longer than we should have the night before return trip, and 6 AM departure time comes at you fast! We had a blast! ;-)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is too bad these guys are out of season while we are there. At least Bimini Twist keeps some in the freezer.

image.jpeg

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My group's reservation is in for the Bahia Mar Hotel, Marina slip, and I just voted for the snorkeling, dinner, dolphins, and sharks...THIS TRIP IS GONNA BE SOOO AWESOME!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great idea to do this @Bruce. It's a great way to help those who may feel a little shy to get engaged with some groups who have similar interest. I quite enjoyed last year's protocol where many of the experienced captains in the group were nice enough to open up their agenda to the group via an early-morning VHF "Good morning Jet Boaters!" style announcement. We listened to the announcements while eating breakfast, then decided who we wanted to tag along with. Some captains want to avoid the larger groups of boats, but in my view, the more the merrier. One of my favorite days was the day at Honeymoon Harbour. It would be amazing if we could duplicate that kind of camaraderie at various locations around Bimini; I think that your polling will serve as a good foundation for this.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those other 3 boats in Virginia. If you all want to make a chain gang going down reply here. Probably leave on the 16th evening or 17th early, stay the night somewhere and then finish up on the 18th. @Jim Hernandez @Glen @Jr15g ......

Last edited: