• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2016 Potluck and Party at Honeymoon Harbor

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question, can you bring fruits and veggies in to the country?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question, can you bring fruits and veggies in to the country?
There is not a straight answer to this question. In 2014 we only brought them frozen as we believed we could not bring fresh. Everyone told us to bring them and not worry about it. In 2015 we brought and enjoyed lots of fresh fruit and veg. We are bringing fresh fruit and veg again this year. We know there is a slight risk that we might have to destroy them but believe they will be fine as "stores" for consumption by our crew.

SFThoen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok thanks I was wondering what type of food items to bring, you think watermelon would be ok?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok thanks I was wondering what type of food items to bring, you think watermelon would be ok?
I think it would be fine. In the past we have always gone to customs to check in and they have never checked what was on our boats. This year they are supposed to meet us at the docks so they could check. I have always carried a receipt for the food on my boat but they have never asked to see it. I have always disclosed that I had brought food for my family. Everyone brings food as little is locally available.

Rob Schultz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No bad luck bananas on our boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The whole banana thing should be in the coast gaurd regulations if you have bananas on your boat you get ticket.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I'm gonna assume I need to scratch the banana pudding idea? Haha

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hello! Blair here (the wife)! Unfortunately, we will not be making the crossing. I guess the Kentucky lamb sliders will have to wait for another gathering. Hopefully, everyone going will have a great time and be able to take lots of photos and videos and eat some of the delicious food at the potluck mentioned above.

If you are going, don't forget to post your dish!

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMG_20160622_191012.jpg

IMG_20160622_145134.jpg

Pulled pork sliders lasted about 3 minutes. Sorry if you didn't get one! All the food I got to try was incredible. Awesome day out there.