• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ford Maverick Not Sure For Towing

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like Maverick MPG numbers have been leaked.

I looked on the window sticker for a GVWR but couldn't find one.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So basically, it gets roughly the same fuel economy as an ecodiesel, but can't tow as much, doesn't have the space, doesn't have the 4x4, isn't as nice, isn't as well built... Did I miss anything?

To out into context, my old 2015 F150 platinum 4x4 with the 5.0 and every option did 25 mpg regularly (I think it was rated 23 though).

That sort of fuel economy is very unimpressive for the maverick.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess you have those who USE trucks and those who just want to drive a truck because it is cute.....

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I guess you have those who USE trucks and those who just want to drive a truck because it is cute.....
While I agree those people exist, the price of trucks is insane. I could sell my truck right now for almost 70k. I have a friend that needs a truck for work (move frozen fish around) and doesn’t make a ton of money. 20k is perfect for him and he gets the truck bed.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's nice that it will work for him. Around here they will be all over the place for the high school kids whom their parents buy them new vehicles at 16 and others whom don't even need a truck.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That's nice that it will work for him. Around here they will be all over the place for the high school kids whom their parents buy them new vehicles at 16 and others whom don't even need a truck.
I see this being perfect for a high school student, especially an athlete. Can throw a bunch of gear in the bed and not smell up the car. These will take some abuse from kids and be low cost. Tons of rangers when I was in high school. Also easy to party with a truck and carry kegs around (as as other normal things like bikes or kayaks/surfboards/6 girls).

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see this being perfect for a high school student, especially an athlete. Can throw a bunch of gear in the bed and not smell up the car. These will take some abuse from kids and be low cost. Tons of rangers when I was in high school. Also easy to party with a truck and carry kegs around (as as other normal things like bikes or kayaks/surfboards/6 girls).
Rangers and S10s were the defacto "my son is going to college vehicle" back when I was in college. But therebwas more to it than just their size... They were cheap and BULLETPROOF. Literally they were so simple and basic that there wasn't nything to break. A 4 speed transmission they'd been using for 15+ yearsnat that point, a underwhelming 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder that was very much not pushed to the limit for power and was basically a down sized work truck engine. I'm sorry, but I don't see a truck that's either hybrid or turbo and will be 25 to 30k in the real world replacing that. I knew the ranger and s10 and had an explorer... This isn't what those were. We were picking up solid running vehicles with 150k+ for 5 to 7k, sot "better have a warranty" stuff for 30k.

Smart parents will get them a used car (well, smart parents will let their kids buy their own car but I digress), and honestly parents that can afford to drop that kind of money for a brand new vehicle for a kid will want a ranger or f150 for their little snowflake.

Keep in mind that something like a corolla hatchback or tiny suv will be nearly 10k cheaper than this brand new too. I really think this will be more of a "buzz" car, and then all that new foot traffic will end up buying a ranger or f150.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length