• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ford owners...FORSCAN is pretty awesome

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I recently became interested in changing some settings that are "hard coded" in the truck, i.e. things that are different but there is no setting for them in the info screen. I purchased the proper OBD2 adapter and downloaded FORSCAN, got the extended license, all that. This software is pretty amazing. There are literally thousands of settings you can adjust and unlock based on the programming, not to mention the diagnostic capabilities if I ever have a CEL on the dash. I hate to sound like I'm living in the 80's here, but it really is amazing and eye opening at the same time the amount of computer power in modern vehicles. Anyways, just wanted to share my experience with this, and if anyone is in the N. IL area and needs some settings changed on their 2006?(I think) and up Ford or Mazda, hit me up!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway Hmmmmm..... what kind of changes are we talking about. Have a 14 Navigator and curious what options there would be. What's the ballpark cost for the hardware (OBD scanner) and software? Wondering if it's worth having one.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I bought the $60 bluetooth adapter, but others have had success with a $15 USB version. Software is free, but you have to sign up for the forum to get extended license (to program modules). I'll go through the list of changes I made in about 20 minutes last night after my adapter came in from Amazon.

1. Global window control (Front window control from the remote)
2. "Bambi mode" (keeps fog lights on with high beams)
3. No more seat belt chime.
4. Hyperflash eliminated (if running LED bulbs in stock housings)
5. Fog lights act as cornering lamps
6. DRL defeat, now I have an option in the cluster to turn it on and off. I can also program which lights run as DRLs (low beams, high beams, turn signals, parking lights), and if they are on anytime the truck is running or just when the headlight switch is in AUTO.
7. Auto stop/start programmed out, even got rid of dash icons

Future plans...add factory trailer brake control. Bigger tires, I can reprogram speedo for that now. Might consider adding factory NAV/climate control but I'm torn on that as there are better options. There's a spreadsheet with literally thousands of parameters you can change on these. I haven't looked but there's probably a 2014 Navigator spreadsheet.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds awesome, and WAY cheaper than I thought! I have 4 Fords that it might be worth investing in. Do you have links to the hardware to purchase and where to get the software?

Thanks!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Software and info regarding adapters.

My choice for adapters

OBDLink 426101 ScanTool MX Bluetooth: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android - DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics Amazon.com: OBDLink 426101 ScanTool MX Bluetooth: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics: Automotive

I tried a $15 USB cable, it didn’t connect to the software properly. This BT version was much much easier to deal with.