• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fortress FX7 fit issues

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
After researching on here I went with the FX7 anchor and trimmed the rod down 1/2" on each end for an 18" OAL.
The problem is when I put the rod in the supports in the locker the door won't shut because it hits the head. Am I missing something here?
252SD 2022

Interesting. I got the same anchor few weeks ago for our 2022 AR250 and it fits perfect after just cutting the ends as you did. I will check this week end and takes some pics so you can compare. I know mine is quite long and if the chain or too much rope gets underneath you won’t be able to lock the anchor in the supports. But no issue with the door.

The rod sets flush, but the head sticks up. Wonder if I put it together wrong.

I got mine at west marine and it came assembled already. I’ll take some pics for you.

Did you set yours up in the hole labeled "mud".

OK, I may get the nudnk award. jacoviii's question about the hole got me thinking so I looked at a picture on their site. I had the main shaft entering the head from the wrong end. That explains why the blades were wonky too.
Note: do not drink beer while assembling an anchor.

Note: if I didnt drink beer i would never work on the boat. ?

Back