• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

After one week on the water

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, we picked up our FSH 210 in late March, but due to the bad weather, never got to launch it until May 8th. Here are a couple of things I learned:

1. Always bring the keys to the boat - don't ask. I now keep the spare set in the truck.
2. Always remember to lock the clean-out plugs in place....I went to back out of the dock after I launched and it was just sitting there revving and not moving.
3. If one or more of the motors shuts off, especially if hitting some waves, adjust the clean out hatch door, any play can cause the motor cut outs to activate and shut one or both motors down.
4. More likely than not, you will need to adjust the throttles because they will drop off - if you get the RPMs up to say 6000 and let go of the throttles, it drops down to lower RPMs. Put some tools on the boat including a flat head screwdriver - adjusting the throttles is very easy.
5. Take the time to check all the hoses - lots were loose. I added the port riser and some silicon around the clean out area. I also added a small amount of silicon inside and outside of the anchor locker drain. This all paid off, after 1 week in a slip and 9 hours underway - sometimes in some rough water - I had zero, not a drop, of water in the bilge....when I took the boat out of the water and pulled the plug out, it was dry.
6. With the lateral and reverse thrust vectors, this boat is way easier around the dock than my previous boat with an outboard - it makes you very confident while docking.
7. My next project is to add trailer post guides - loading the boat to this trailer is definitely tricker than my last boat - that one had the guides....it also makes it way easier to back it up if you have a reference.
8. When you take the boat out of the water, and get ready to travel down the road, put the brakes on hard once or twice before you get going. After I did this, the rear tie down straps were very loose.
9. Even with the thrust vectors, this boat is hard to track in a straight line when trolling without being at the wheel even on calm days.
10. This boat is awesome!

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Spare engine cut-off lanyard?
If the Captian goes overboard with the lanyard attached, it could be a long swim to get back to the boat. Better to have a spare and get picked up.
A tie wrap can work TEMPORARILY in a lanyard pinch (ask ME how I know) I now carry 2 spares

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cobra Jet fins will solve your #9 issue as they stay in the water at all speeds. Definatly helps tracking at all speeds not just wakeless.

Last edited:

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cobra Jet fins will solve your #9 issue as they stay in the water at all speeds. Definatly helps tracking at all speeds not just wakeless.
At 2 mph, the thrust vectors are in the water, same as the cobra system…I think the only thing that will truly fix this is a trolling motor.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Attachments

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
At 2 mph, the thrust vectors are in the water, same as the cobra system…I think the only thing that will truly fix this is a trolling motor.
Lol not enough speed to have any control. I troll at 10mph.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, we picked up our FSH 210 in late March, but due to the bad weather, never got to launch it until May 8th. Here are a couple of things I learned:

1. Always bring the keys to the boat - don't ask. I now keep the spare set in the truck.
2. Always remember to lock the clean-out plugs in place....I went to back out of the dock after I launched and it was just sitting there revving and not moving.
3. If one or more of the motors shuts off, especially if hitting some waves, adjust the clean out hatch door, any play can cause the motor cut outs to activate and shut one or both motors down.
4. More likely than not, you will need to adjust the throttles because they will drop off - if you get the RPMs up to say 6000 and let go of the throttles, it drops down to lower RPMs. Put some tools on the boat including a flat head screwdriver - adjusting the throttles is very easy.
5. Take the time to check all the hoses - lots were loose. I added the port riser and some silicon around the clean out area. I also added a small amount of silicon inside and outside of the anchor locker drain. This all paid off, after 1 week in a slip and 9 hours underway - sometimes in some rough water - I had zero, not a drop, of water in the bilge....when I took the boat out of the water and pulled the plug out, it was dry.
6. With the lateral and reverse thrust vectors, this boat is way easier around the dock than my previous boat with an outboard - it makes you very confident while docking.
7. My next project is to add trailer post guides - loading the boat to this trailer is definitely tricker than my last boat - that one had the guides....it also makes it way easier to back it up if you have a reference.
8. When you take the boat out of the water, and get ready to travel down the road, put the brakes on hard once or twice before you get going. After I did this, the rear tie down straps were very loose.
9. Even with the thrust vectors, this boat is hard to track in a straight line when trolling without being at the wheel even on calm days.
Just checking, use the first detent in idle ahead which is the TDE position along with no wake mode switch to enhance low speed maneuvering. Using a sea anchor or drogue while trolling also helps keep the boat straight, especially when trolling down wind.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

BTW #4 - 6000 rpm - I generally cruise at about 26mph and have learned that my best throttle control is:

A.) Bring both engines up to 6krpm
B.) Lock Cruise Assist
C.) Make your slight throttle changes with Cruise Assist +/-