• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SWAG forum name delivery device -Footballs!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Great!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r Mel, I'll take either color. Whatever color you need to make the 100 order of a color choice. Thanks so much for putting this together. Great idea.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good deal Dennis @itsdgm . I will round it out. I am hoping to get 100 of each and that it is pretty balanced, so guys get what they want. I am checking other sources locally, but so far, the internet pricing is far better, even with the shipping vs me picking it up. Bit I'm not done wheeling and dealing! These should be what we want at a reasonable price! I suspect this will be one of those swag deals that many want in on after the fact. I wish they didn't have 100-150 minimum on them. So if I go in with an order exceeding that up front, I am going to be trying to get some leeway. Not sure how that will come out, but will try.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hmm, on the one hand great idea, on the other I'm a terrible QB so Allatoona would have little Jetboaters footballs floating everywhere.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mel, do you know the diameter? (if you posted that already, forgive me...I'm a speed reader, not comprehender)

I want to see if I'll have to modify my pneumatic mini football launcher to accept these. :p

Put me down for 10 or 20 of whatever...color doesn't matter to me - I'll take assorted.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Big Shasta , the prices seem all over the place and all the balls aren't the same. The one I posted pics of are 3" diameter and 5" long. Seems about right to me. Some others are half that size. At $1.99, that would $.35 more apiece than what I have found. But I will check them more thoroughly before final order.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r put me in for 10 total of either color or mixed..
Thanks
Steve

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
10 red here

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Looks like we have 100 of each color so far, so I will be looking to get both!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to give you all an update. The balls are definitely 5"x3" nerf style ball, so they will be soft and squishy and hold the ink well besides float. I assumed a red star logo on the red ball and blue star logo on the blue ball. But that will double the extra setup charges and per ball run fees. So I will run only one logo, whether we go with red star logo, blue star logo, or all black/single color. A single black color gets us the balls including shipping to me, for $1.70 each. 3 color in either red or blue, but not both, will get them to me for $2.10 each. There will be shipping costs to each of you for the balls. I am ordering a few extra in case someone comes in later. These prices are good at the 250 ball level and higher of course if we just order the 100 minumum. One more thing, when you run our logo with a single color, the stacked logo gets somewhat convoluted and hard to read. And the standard logo in a single color makes it look like the "JB" is part of the website address. So I had them move the logo above the website without them actually touching for both clarity and to get the logo in the maximum size on the balls. I think we can go with the single color of black for the logo on both the red/white ball and the blue/white ball, and it will look good.
one color 1.png
Any suggestions on the cheapest way to ship these groups of 10 and 20 out to you is welcomed! I think I can easily get 10 balls in a flat rate box for $12.95 or whatever that medium box is. But these weigh nothing, so using the flat rate is a rip IMO. Standard first class mail may be less plus box cost. I may be able to find a vinyl envelope that I can stuff 10 balls into and get the shipping down to around $6 each package. I don't want to stretch this out, and I am guessing if we took a vote, we will have 1/3 say one color/black, 1/3 say red star logo, and 1/3 say blue star logo. So I am inclined to just go with the black on the two ball colors. Another option, is to choose only one ball color and a single color of the same for the logo. The logo prints in the white field on the ball.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am good with the black logo, it will show up nicely on the red, blue or white.

I looked at USPS for shipping and I come up with $5.87 for shipping from Dallas (I just picked a city in Texas) to my house. The rate is for Standard Post and a box that is 12 x 24 x 3 inches weighing 1 lbs, I think that will hold 20 balls. A box for 10 balls, 12 x 12 x 3 also calculates to $5.87 for shipping. Of course what you charge us will be a little higher to cover the cost of the box.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that black logo on a colored ball is fine.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Williamsone46 would like to see the logo remain as it is vs moving the JB and star above it. Here is the single color with it as is...
Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 1.46.39 PM.png

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The main point here, IMO, is to get the website name to folks. But if we conclude that the name is perfectly legible, then I am good with either too.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Without seeing it on the ball, I am thinking have the web address below and not as original logo. That is my vote. All black is good.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Moving the logo up or even adding the website below separately, reduces the size of the logo as well as the address. So maybe just the original logo in black is best. @Williamsone46 sent me a two color on a black field and a single color with a black field letting the white of the ball serve as the logo and website. That too reduces the size dramatically, as the total field is reduced to circle not much bigger than 1" in diameter.
I am thinking the best may be just sticking with the logo as is...in black.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like this one.