• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH Sport, pre-purchase test drive is a "go" tomorrow...

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
6 or 7 miles out. I went out about 20 this past Sunday just gotta go early before the storms roll in.... i have been impressed with the way this boat handles out in the open water... been on a few 19 footers that didnt handle even close to this one . Mind you its still a small boat so gotts use ur head and not get over confident
That sounds great! I was contemplating with some apprehension buying a 300' anchor line for 42' of water out where they go. I'm liking your idea better with our size boat. And I agree, even with 2-3' seas, at 15-25mph, the FSH rides surprisingly well. I've been on boats that would jar your teeth with every wave. Very pleased with this one. I'm an early riser and ready to reel 'em in by noon or earlier so I'm with you there.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That graphic is great!! Is it custom?

Seems to fit the FSH well, even the coloring.
Yes i ordered it from Stickermasters out of Crystal River... came out really nice!!. you can choose the color scheme was about $20

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most Definitely!!
I suggest Woody's on the Manatee River! :D (I could swim there if I needed to lol).

More suitable for at least a few boats+ would be anchoring right on the beach on Anna Maria and hitting the Beach House Restaurant. That would be amazing!

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I suggest Woody's on the Manatee River! :D (I could swim there if I needed to lol).

More suitable for at least a few boats+ would be anchoring right on the beach on Anna Maria and hitting the Beach House Restaurant. That would be amazing!
Sounds like a cool place!

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Home at last...

For a close-up of the three metal/45 degree ports, check out my new thread "My FSH Sport mods"

She'll be in the new slip tomorrow, with a Yamaha Mooring Cover (aka black, Deluxe, with "Yamaha" white text), Guardian/Aluminum anchor, anchor line, Garmin/Touchscreen, Garmin Black Box (with a small transducer!), etc.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice! Looks like your cover in the box by the garage. I thought it would be a PITA to cover and uncover but once I did it a couple of times it's not bad.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd like to see a pic of your transducer if it's mounted on the stern. I received my Garmin 741sx and Airmar P79 transducer last week.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd like to see a pic of your transducer if it's mounted on the stern. I received my Garmin 741sx and Airmar P79 transducer last week.
I have a 741sx also, but got Garmin'sGCV10 Black Box (NEMA), which has a very small transom mount transducer, which is much smaller than the full sized gold brick-like transducer (if you want side/down scan) @ $600 each, if the transducer is purchased separately! The installer at the dealership cut my included transducer bracket to make it shorter, then mounted the transducer bracket horizontally, from the bottom of the hull. Its mounted before the transom goes vertical, and the transducer bracket is mounted so the screws are pointed towards the sky, to help with a visual orientation. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but the installer has done many jet boat transducers this way, with no complaints.

I'll get a pic posted, either here or in my "...Mods" thread .

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's interesting. Hadn't thought of mounting one that way. Looking forward to the picture. If the P79 doesn't satisfy, I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea!

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Swimmingly,

This is my first post in the forum, but have read just about every post... I see that you were very enthusiastic about purchasing your 190 FSH. I think I feel the same now about the boat as you did pre-purchase.
Now that you have had a chance to use it for over a month, how do you feel about the boat now?

I am ready to purchase this weekend. Just gathering up the courage to go through with the purchase... Wife is cool, she says buy. Its reasonably priced, but is still a lot of money. Would have to hold the boat for quite a while as there is quite a hit with any new boat purchase. I like to cruise/explore, mild watersports & fishing. Not extreme about any of those activities though.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Swimmingly,

This is my first post in the forum, but have read just about every post... I see that you were very enthusiastic about purchasing your 190 FSH. I think I feel the same now about the boat as you did pre-purchase.
Now that you have had a chance to use it for over a month, how do you feel about the boat now?

I am ready to purchase this weekend. Just gathering up the courage to go through with the purchase... Wife is cool, she says buy. Its reasonably priced, but is still a lot of money. Would have to hold the boat for quite a while as there is quite a hit with any new boat purchase. I like to cruise/explore, mild watersports & fishing. Not extreme about any of those activities though.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Have had mine since May.. I was concerned about price too but after much deliberating went with my heart...LOVE the FSH and after several trips to the Keys and out just about every weekend ...I have NO regrets...Its perfect for my uses...fishing, pleasure, snorkeling/diving on the reefs....and it fits in my garage...I go out several miles for fishing and have been in pretty rough seas in the Atlantic and it takes it like a champ! Good Luck!

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm still really happy with the FSH Sport and think I have plenty more room to 'grow' into it with future fishing plans and getting into vacation trips too (maybe with trailering it to the Keys, etc.). I have the same adventure, beach, and all-around ideas for this boat and its working out just as expected. I will say that adding the 'extras' will make owning a new boat like the FSH Sport more carefree or enjoyable. Since mine's in a slip (with a lift) it gets plenty of chances for bird crap (we have big birds here in FL) and UV abuse, plus rain, etc. - a good cover is a must IMHO. Also, we have unusually shallow water and those 'surprise' shallow spots are everywhere on the coastal Gulf and around my local area - a good GPS with reliable depth at speed is more than just a helpful tool. I use my GPS unit (flush mount Garmin) for the depth and chart readings more than I use it for direction/headings. I suppose getting the boat is not the end to setting yourself-up for success and enjoyment, which seem relevant to any boating experience.

It is lots of money, but that's all relative really, and most anyone will tell you these Yamaha boats give you lots for your money, and the FSH Sport is a vey unique setup IMHO. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the T top, console, helm seating/features with excellent visibility.

Hope it works out for you, either way.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One thing I've noticed about my FSH is how smooth it rides in bay chop at up to 25mph. For it's size, it has a really good entry. I've been in boats that will really rattle your teeth in light chop. I don't know how to measure the entry deadrise and I don't have a good estimate of wave heights but out in the Gulf it rides great at 6k rpm 25~mph in what I would guess to be up to 2' seas. Bouncy but not jarring. More than that and I really don't want to be out in it anyhow. If a Mako 334 CC with a gas card falls in my lap I may up that a little bit. :D

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Excellent info gentlemen. Thanks! Well I bought the boat today. Yeah!!! Bought a 2016 FSH Deluxe out of Havasu Powersports in Lake Havasu AZ.
Got a great deal on the boat & incentive financing. Drove 3 hours from Phoenix to get the deal. Saved $3k from what I was quoted locally. I guess with FSH isn't popular out in Havasu. They told me this one was just sitting... Not the thing people want for Havasu. The only downside to the deal is that it came on a painted steel trailer. I am hoping to drag this beast to Sea of Cortez, Mexico and California coast on occasions. Bummy. Guess I'll dunk the steel in salt. Its so dry here that I doubt I will get the corrosion that you would get in wetter climate. I'll just rinse it off in the local lakes and hope for the best.

Test Drive:
Since this is really a test drive thread, I will write on the one I had today.
I thought the boat had really good power. Turns awesome. It put the grin of joy on my face. :) I almost tossed myself off the boat. Some people had expressed disappointment with the power. For a $30k boat, I was really impressed. Fit and finish was very good. Low speed steering wasn't as far off of an outboard as some have said. I think this articulating keel did the trick. My sales rep said he puts Thrust Vs on almost all the boats he sells there to improve docking. He really believes in that product. $200, not bad... There was some chop out today. It ate it up pretty well for a 19'.

After driving the boat I feel like I bought a quality product that works well as it was intended to for a great price. Day 1, Im happy. Lol Time will tell. But I really think that these jet boats are her to stay. Times change and Yamaha is leading this segment.

Rant:
Most of these "high end" boat builders started out making reasonably priced quality boats. What happened? Now the average man can't afford them. Seems like these builders have some success and then raise their prices to the moon. Its ridiculous. I feel that Yamaha is at where some of these high end boat builders started off. Putting out a quality product that the working man or woman can afford.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's great to read Tonkatoy! I still look at boats on YouTube and online. For the money we spent on our FSH, I keep coming back to the realization I made the right choice. Good idea on dunking the trailer in fresh water to rinse off the salt. Even with our aluminum trailer, I rinse it thoroughly and then some when we get home. Then give it a good once over with Yamalube silicone spray on the trailer parts, jet assembly and every stainless part after flushing the engine with a squirt of Dawn dish soap in the hose. Love that new boat smell!
I would have preferred the Deluxe for the bimini to fit under our carport but there were none available when I was ready to buy for an island party the next day. The seat post mount out front also would serve as a nice sunbrella holder.
Wishing you a whole lotta fun with it!