• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH Sport, pre-purchase test drive is a "go" tomorrow...

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just want to thank all for your posts. It definitely helped me when deciding to purchase. My Deluxe should be ready for delivery on the 25th. Waiting for the Salt Series T-top to be completed from Cycle Springs. Only wish is that the color was the gray on the '16 Sport. Although I do like the black better than the blue.....I will be looking for some of you at 3 Rooker.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just want to thank all for your posts. It definitely helped me when deciding to purchase. My Deluxe should be ready for delivery on the 25th. Waiting for the Salt Series T-top to be completed from Cycle Springs. Only wish is that the color was the gray on the '16 Sport. Although I do like the black better than the blue.....I will be looking for some of you at 3 Rooker.
Congrats on your new Deluxe! That salt series t-top looks awesome. I would have been going the same route, but need as much shade as possible from this Arizona sun. Bimini will do for now. Just bought last Saturday myself...

I too owe this forum a "thank you" for all of the posted information. I knew more about this particular model than the guy who demoed the boat to me. So I'm not going to freak out when I find out there is a leak here and there. I have a good idea where the bodies are buried thanks to all the posts. There seems to be issues with even the high end boats.

Good luck!

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Keep me posted when ur out on the Gulf... I'm out just about every weekend!!!

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will definitely do so. Wont have it this weekend but will be out the following.....

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if you sea-going FSH guys consider installing trim tabs and fins in your boats. @1948Isaac just did tabs in his 240, he does longer sea trips than most, and there are a few in 190s. I used to have a 190 that I took to Bimini, did very well, but if I kept it I would have added tabs for sure. One thing that was critical to me in the 190 was adding the Ultimates, and then Fangs, which stay down at speed. I can see how some guys who like to spin their boats may not like it, but in any kind of chop the Ultimates help tremendously reducing the number of times you just don't know where you are going to land crossing a wave.

--

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Tabs on a FSH might be like screen doors on a submarine? With a 60# trolling motor, 2 trolling motor batteries at 55# each and high amp on-board charger pushing another 25#'s up front, bow rise is not an issue.

The fin already on the boat does an awesome job at speed. I've been out in 2-3' seas pushing 25 mph catching air with no surprises. Landings while harsh were completely under control even quartering to or with the waves.

I've heard the 24's are a barge compared to our little 19's. Our top cap weight is much less and all sits low on hull. That might explain the level attitude she rides at? Even without the trolling motor on mine stays flat all the way up to planing speeds.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tabs on a FSH might be like screen doors on a submarine? With a 60# trolling motor, 2 trolling motor batteries at 55# each and high amp on-board charger pushing another 25#'s up front, bow rise is not an issue.

The fin already on the boat does an awesome job at speed. I've been out in 2-3' seas pushing 25 mph catching air with no surprises. Landings while harsh were completely under control even quartering to or with the waves.

I've heard the 24's are a barge compared to our little 19's. Our top cap weight is much less and all sits low on hull. That might explain the level attitude she rides at? Even without the trolling motor on mine stays flat all the way up to planing speeds.
I see what you are saying and certainly makes sense with adding weight in the bow. However, the feeling with good trim tabs is quite different, it is as if adding a foot or two of length to the hull. No question about it.

Regarding fins, a good driver will use thrust to steer the boat no problem. But the Ultimates give you much more planted feel at the stern, which will be about as close to an outboard as it comes in these dinghies. My best example/experience would be when towing a strong slalom skier - night and day difference. I understand this is not how you use your boat, LOL, but I am just using that as an example.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Earfixr have to say I envy you guys with those FSH boats. My Bimini trip in a 190 was one of the funnest things I've ever done in the ocean. And I've done a few.

I don't think my wife would say the same thing, but that is a story for a different thread.:D

--

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Add the ultimates, you wont regret it. I am considering adding tabs to mine not so much as running attitude lengthwise but side to side. With a few people on the boat tabs would be nice to level it out. I do wonder though if tabs would lower the speed at which the boat would plane. If that is true then fuel economy would also change for the better I would think.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My guess is that you could add very small tabs to the boat for port to starboard adjustment, no need for large ones.