• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Furthest you've trailered your boat???

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Usually only tow to and from the dealer for prep and storage, and once to the lake to put it in for the season. Longest trip, therefore, is about 100 miles one way.

That's about to change with our move to Phoenix. Sometime around June, I'm going to have to trailer it 1,800 miles. I'm dreading it a little, mostly for the unknowns. But it'll be interesting...any advice from long distance towers on finding hotels that have parking for a truck and boat?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
As for the long trips, skip the hotel and do rest stops straight through with co-pilot. Did it to florida and back. Non stop driving from Friday after work until Sunday night almost monday morning.

Longer trips on water would be from starved rock, Il to Peoria and back for the midwest year end cruise. Another would be the Chicago loop tour. We start in hammond marina and go up, do the loop and come back. Both trips are a blast.

-klb-

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess I'm the shortest tow to respond. Our longest is from one side of lake lewisville to the other. The boat had nearly a year of covered storage at eagle point marina when we bought it, and our house is about a half mile from the Stewart creek park boat ramp. So we would often pick it up, do some work on it or the trailer at the house, load up and launch at the park. After that first year, it is stored at pier121, and still usually launch from SCP. So what about 10 miles longest tow, and 2 miles average?

At the moment, we would have to replace the original tires before we did anything longer. :eek:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About 350 miles from Marietta, GA to home when I bought the boat. Since then, I tow it about 50 yards from my parking spot to the ramp, when I take it out of the water I drive across the washrack on the way back to the parking spot. I really like having it parked at the Marina, access to the washrack, free ice, very non-busy nice ramp, and it is pretty secure being in a locked storage lot on the base. The marina is about 1/2 mile from my house as well:)

For those that add grease every 500-600 miles, why? Looks to me like you'd be putting too much in there. You don't add grease to your tow vehicle, I've towed my camper quite a few miles, after a couple years I checked the bearings and they looked new, grease was good and all, granted they didn't get pushed into water like the boat trailers...

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1000 miles to Fort Lauderdale from Kentucky, and another 1000 miles back. Other then that just the occasional 60 miles to venture to other lakes around here (Lexington KY)

5MoreMin.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
550 miles Lee's Summit, MO to Nashville, TN. We tow all the time 3-4 hours away otherwise.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our longest trip with the boat in tow was to Table Rock from SE of Dallas which was like 750 miles and around 7 hours. Part of that trip was going through the mountains getting close to the lake. Our minimum length of tow when we use the boat is an hour on the freeway to get to the lake. So our trailer gets lots of miles. We've taken several 4 hour trips down to Lake LBJ in the hill country of Texas along with several 3 hour trips up to Broken Bow in Oklahoma. That's why we have the truck that we do for all the traveling we do with something in tow. I also use a hitch mounted mud flaps called Rock Tammers that do just that. All - terrain tires like to pickup and sling rocks too.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3-4 hours and the 4 year old yamaha cover disintegrated on the trip. Don't know if it would have helped, but put cut pool noodles around your windshield frames. That is where my first tear started.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not further then a few miles, but would be willing to travel from NJ to Sotally Tober's location and meet his "Friends" !!

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trailered boat from New Haven, CT to Lake Winnipesaukee in Laconia, NH. Roughly 218 miles one-way. Also had some grease coming from under the left rear wheel cap. Greased all the hubs before hitting the road, so it may have been the root of the leak. Overall good trip, boat cover had a hole in it around where the windshield is.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those that add grease every 500-600 miles, why? Looks to me like you'd be putting too much in there. You don't add grease to your tow vehicle, I've towed my camper quite a few miles, after a couple years I checked the bearings and they looked new, grease was good and all, granted they didn't get pushed into water like the boat trailers...

My longest trip was to pick the boat up in MI, about 12 hours and 750 miles....I've had the boat about almost 4 years now and have somewhere around 8-9k miles on it...I did upgrade to radials last spring....for anything over 60 I use the mooring cover w/poles out and have shredded one, but I feel that is mainly from being out in the sun all summer since I've owned it....

I too wonder why people add grease so often?? I check four or five random times per year and a couple times during every long trip we take....I had one bearing get a little low and that was because the brakes were locking up heading down the mountains to Table Rock, I filled it at the marina before we dunked the trailer and haven't had one low since then.....

H2Joes

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
13 hours and about 800 miles on April 4th. I just picked up my new 2013 sx240 from Rochester, MN and drove it all the way back to Pittsburgh, PA. It was a long drive, but it was worth it for a bunch of reasons.

image.jpg

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not further then a few miles, but would be willing to travel from NJ to Sotally Tober's location and meet his "Friends" !!
LOL!!! After seeing his pics I can understand. Funny stuff.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW, I'm really surprised how far some of you guys / gals have traveled with your boats. That's awesome.

Our usual trip out with the boat is 640 miles round trip (Orange Co to Lake Mohave). So far I have put 8200 miles on our Radial Tires since I replaced them 3 seasons ago. So I guess we average about 2750 miles per season. I tow with the cover on and the poles out.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Planning a havasue trip next summer for dessert storm 2015. That will be a long trip from not cal.

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally can add my 2cents. Just towed 1,000 miles yesterday to Sanibel Island Flordia. I can tell you it was white knuckle driving worrying about bearings ;) but we made it [flag]

Attachments

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1000 miles from lake anna virginia to ft lauderdale florida for 2016 bimini trip!! Was worth it!! 2K round trip

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My annual trip to and from the dealer about 1.5 hours away. . . . and 69.4 Miles