• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Furthest you've trailered your boat???

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
6 Hours to my parents house in Indiana. We also trail to Table rock lake which is roughly 3-4 hours.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, I think I had too much grease in there. Did not lose the cap though. For long distances I did like towing the tandem axle better than the single axle 19 footer. I towed a 19 footer to Tampa from north Alabama last year and that was not nearly as smooth. The tandem axle's weight and length made it a much better trip.

The Wanderer2

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, I think I had too much grease in there. Did not lose the cap though. For long distances I did like towing the tandem axle better than the single axle 19 footer. I towed a 19 footer to Tampa from north Alabama last year and that was not nearly as smooth. The tandem axle's weight and length made it a much better trip.
The tandem axle is much better than a single axle trailer for long hauls. I also have had the grease issue on my other single axle trailer on long trips. This hasn't happened on the Yamaha yet.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1700 miles round trip Raleigh NC to Miami. 2 days down, non stop return trip. I used the mooring cover ON the boat and it shredded after about 600 miles......Not sure if your referencing the shipping cover or mooring cover in your first post. we ran a consistent 70 mph.

We checked hubs and tires often. not sure the root cause but we devoured the tread on one of the tires. (standard bias ply) We also had the brakes drag on us once off highway. I think that was the culprit for the tire wear. ..THAT SUCKED.

2x on the empty fuel tank and weight out of boat. I like the pledge idea @jawsf16

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
5,554 Miles on my trailer last year. Weekend trips to Lake Erie (180 miles round trip) and a summer trip to Marco Island, Florida. No problems towing other than having to secure the Bimini top cover with tape or wrap because the wind damaged the zippers on the top. Fuel tank was empty and nothing stored in the boat. Had 5 passengers and a full payload in the back of my Avalanche. I may do another Florida trip again this summer, possibly to the east coast.

Edit: 2900 round trip from Home to Marco Island

Edit #2: Wheel bearings pulled and repacked at the end of the season. With all the dunks in the lake, the bearings looked really good. Only one had a little moisture in it.

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last time I used my trailer was August 8, 2012.......

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We probably pulled the boat about 3000 miles last year (trip to FL and a few lakes around MO). I grease the hubs every 500 to 600 miles. On long trips I tow with the shipping cover on, shorter trips I leave the mouring cover in place.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
1000 mile round trip each summer from Jersey to New Found Lake in New Hampshire. Cover on, poles out

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ashburn VA (DC Suburb) to Lake Keowee, SC. About 1100 miles round trip. No issues other than the bugs on the tower. Had my trailer inspected prior and had an infrared thermometer to check the hubs along the way.

I'm thinking of adding commercial tires to my truck and lifting it about 2 inches so I can fit a little more tire under there. I hadn't thought of throwing stones at the hull....what did you do to prevent it? These giant trucks come with little highway tires these days....I don't get it. Granted I have 20 inch rims, they just look small on a big truck. Planning to add a little more width and sidewall but still use the same rims.
I too trailer every summer To Lake Keowee, SC. from Florida. I love that lake!:winkingthumbsup"

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First year I had the boat I brought it up to Moultonborough, NH (Lake Winnipesaukee). 2nd Year went up to the Alburg, VT (Lake Champlain). Last year I went up to Hague, NY (Lake George). I also went to Yonkers, NY to take a spin around Manhattan. Fortunately there hasn't been any major issues. I did buy new radial tires for it and had to replace the bearings and bearing buddy on one of the axles.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking of adding commercial tires to my truck and lifting it about 2 inches so I can fit a little more tire under there. I hadn't thought of throwing stones at the hull....what did you do to prevent it? These giant trucks come with little highway tires these days....I don't get it. Granted I have 20 inch rims, they just look small on a big truck. Planning to add a little more width and sidewall but still use the same rims.
@Tollus, I ordered some Towtector protection, mounted it to a ball mount and now store it under the boat in its storage and use only that setup when towing the boat . works great, not one chip on the hull yet. http://www.towtector.com

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'll be driving 12 hours and 800 miles to Shelbyville in July!! WOOT!
Thats crazy man! I picked my exciter up from maryland, and my ss from miami, but I don't know that I would drive that far for a party.
Then again, it is a pretty fun party!

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
8 hours one way to Key West Fl

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol, I can't compete. The farthest I've had to trailer was home from the dealership , app 2 1/2 hours.

The Wanderer2

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After about an hour on the freeway an a stop to check the truck and trailer, I'm off traveling at the same speed as everyone else between 70 and 75. Other than burning more gas, I get where I'm going in about the same time frame. Towing use to make my wife extremely nervous, now it doesn't bother her except through Alanta, which is a challenge with or without a boat.

duanepillar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
5 Miles is the longest tow so far. Whats the longest trip on the water?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats crazy man! I picked my exciter up from maryland, and my ss from miami, but I don't know that I would drive that far for a party.
Then again, it is a pretty fun party!
Its not the party I go to attend....it is the people we go to see! Its like a family reunion now! So glad the family has a great new home (forum) to play in too!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Eight hours once or twice a year to Lake Keowee South Carolina