• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

GAME ON!

Beautiful!

a perfect end to an awesome day thanks everyone for the congrats. . .

Attachments

• 20140501_193940.jpg
    20140501_193940.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 49
Oh yeah. NIZE. Congrates
Papa

Almost forgot to show you her arse. . . . .

Attachments

• 20140501_172210.jpg
    20140501_172210.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 404
Delivery day. . . . .mod #1

Attachments

• 20140501_165848.jpg
    20140501_165848.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 398
Delivery day mod #2

Attachments

• 20140501_173859.jpg
    20140501_173859.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 58
Congrats! Great looking boat!

Here's a question that came up after we shore hauled the boat that I would like to get some perspective on.

We got her into the water, performed a safety check (i.e. opened Engine compartment checked for leaks) took her out for about 30 - 40 minutes and then brought her back and shore hauled her via trailer. I noticed that when I pulled the plugs to put her away for the day there was about 4 inches of water sitting on TOP of the clean out plugs. When I pulled them, the water simply drained out the bottom. Any insights as to why the water was on top of them? Do the plugs sit below the water line? Everything functioned as expected, so is this normal?

This is normal. It gets there two ways. .... Water coming over the deck when slowing down rapidly..... Some water seeps through the rubber seal on your clean out plugs.

This is normal. It gets there two ways. .... Water coming over the deck when slowing down rapidly..... Some water seeps through the rubber seal on your clean out plugs.
Good to know!! That will save me a scare this summer haha

There have been some pretty good discussions on this in the past. Some think the pressure coming from the jet pump underneath is forcing water up through the plug somehow. Another theory is that it's just backwash onto the swim platform from crazy driving or fast stops.

Well, it certainly wasn't from crazy driving or fast stops. . . . (that will come later I am sure ;)). . . As I was pretty easy on her considering it was day 1.

I am wondering if it happened at launch. . . . Depending on the steepness of the ramp it might have dipped in the back end. ( I was unloading the car when they dropped her in )

Either way, I am glad to hear it is somewhat normal and well known.

That would actually make sense-- I could see that happening.

Back