• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

GAME ON!

Yea I hadn't thought about at launch. To test out the theories last summer, I had my boat out for several hours and purposely took it very easy to avoid splashing on my swimdeck. At the end of the day when I retrieved I had no water above my plugs. The ramp I launched at was very shallow so it is unlikely I got water on the deck while launching. Just about every time I take my plugs out after a hard day of boating I have water over them.

Last edited:
Congrats on taking delivery. I love the black tower look. She's a beauty.

For reference, it's actually a dark grey. . . .to match the hull.

I get scared when I don't have water on top of my plugs. That means I could potentially be sucking air and cavitating. :eek:

LOL...time to buy more bags!!!

I will be launching from the same ramp within the next few days hopefully. . . . . and will check the swim platform when I launch this time.

Speaking of ballast I was thinking of a tsunami pump and bag for the center locker to give her some weight to cut through the chop on rougher days. What should I be looking at?

I realize this is an open invitation to you guys to spend even MORE of my money. . . . .and this may NOT be such a good idea (for my wallet).

I put a sumo sac 800 lb bag in mine.

20131230_171131.jpg

Nice!

Remember the swim deck on the newer boats is very low in the water, so it doesn't take much to get water on it and on top of the plugs.

Remember the swim deck on the newer boats is very low in the water, so it doesn't take much to get water on it and on top of the plugs.

Take a look at the picture I posted on page 2 of the thread of her "arse". . . . . the swim platform access door for the plugs is on the second level which has got to be 12 inches above the water line. While this is still "close" to the water, I didn't think this should be underwater at launch.

You would be surprised. Look at it tomorrow when you put it in the water. The top platform gets water on it. At least it does on our ramp. I have had water in the plugs every time I have been out. Don't think it hurts anything.

Dang it @0627Devildog there is a few min of day light left. Shouldn't you be out on the boat right now!!

I wish. . . . My in-laws flew in this a.m. and I am prepping for a communion tomorrow. My only hope is that Sunday isn't a washout. Otherwise I'll be waiting until next weekend.

Fwiw I've watched where water came on to the swim platform up to the second level when coming off plane. I've also seen mine on steeper ramps with the swim platform under water. Don't worry about it. No big deal.

Fwiw I've watched where water came on to the swim platform up to the second level when coming off plane. I've also seen mine on steeper ramps with the swim platform under water. Don't worry about it. No big deal.

Not worried at all, now that I have several plausible (unconcerning) reasons for the "Drowning Plug" phenomenon.

p.s. Nice Tundra.

Sooo did ya take her out for a ride???

Sooo did ya take her out for a ride???

Yes, but I was so busy having fun I didn't take any pics on the water. . . . .

Hope to see you up there - we are being splashed tomorrow.

20140507_153839.jpg My 3 year old took the boat out today while I was at work. . . .

Congrats! Looks awesome. Btw, water on plugs is normal.

Back