• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Garage setups?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of my.projects over this snowbird season (when us Florida's don't go out cuz there too many old people) has been garage organization. We have a 3 car garage that right now only.fits 2 cars, which is fine, but the wife wants the 3rd bay for "kid stuff". Which means all the stuff that's just chilling there has to get organized. I'm also wanting to add a workbench, and switch from. The existing cheap plastic shelved to cabinets .

So, what have yall done? Looking for some inspiration.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"i don't even have a garage you can call home and ask my wife" Uneasy Rider, C Daniels.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I feel your pain....

I use the Rubbermaid Fast Track System all over the garage to hang things for easy access and to create more floor space. It's not cheap but it works great and easy to change things around as needed. Home Depot used to sell it but now Ryobi offers their own similar system so that is what Home Depot has now. I think the Fast Tracks stuff works better for the wall space than cabinets.

The other thing is hanging some stuff from the ceiling like bikes. Depending on your ceiling height, there are also storage systems that use bins that hang from the ceiling.

When I lived in PA, I built a 3 1/2 car garage that was 30' deep and also heated and one stall to fit my SX192 when I had it. I started off thinking I would have plenty of room but that quickly changed once it started filling up and I was sorry I didn't build a 4 car garage that was 40' deep... but that garage cost me more than my first house!!!!! LOL

When I bought a place in Florida in 2010 and it only had a two car garage (tight for two cars unless they are Fiats) I really had to get creative. The Fast Track Stuff and hanging bikes from the ceiling was a must. I couldn't have my big workbench that I had back in PA so the wife bought me a Husky rolling work bench that also has a lot of drawers to hold all my tools. It is nice because I can pull the car out of the garage and roll the workbench to the center to work. I dumped the big compressor for a smaller compressor that is somewhat portable. I have two sets of steel shelves as well.

I have a lot of stuff crammed in the two car garage now and it is organized well enough that I can get one car and my Can-Am Spyder in it and there is still room to move around with the vehicles in the garage.

Last edited:

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will need a bigger garage to alleviate your issue lol. One of the reasons we bought our house because it had a attached 2 car and a detached 3 car garage. In the 2 car I installed elevated shelving so my wife’s car could still be parked close to the wall. I installed plastic shelves in the 3 car for all my tools and other miscellaneous things.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have the kayaks hanging, that saved a lot of space, I want to come up with a solution to hang the ladder from the roof too.

Stage 1 I ordered some ryobi shelves with built in tool hanging slots, seen them online and they seemed nice. Well, downside of them is they only have 2 places to mount them, so if you want to install them with their edges not on a stud, because that would look odd in your space, you're SOL. So I think those are going back and will replace them with a double size wall cabinet, still have to figure out where chargers and power tools will go now, but I was thinking of using a similar rail with some power tool hangers under that double cabinet.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will need a bigger garage to alleviate your issue lol. One of the reasons we bought our house because it had a attached 2 car and a detached 3 car garage. In the 2 car I installed elevated shelving so my wife’s car could still be parked close to the wall. I installed plastic shelves in the 3 car for all my tools and other miscellaneous things.

I half jokingly said our next house is going to have enough space for me to build a giant workshop and garage. I think I would fill up any size space though.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
watch some YouTube videos, spend a few hundred at Home Depot on would and build it out your self. All the garage solutions are expensive but 2x4s are cheap.

I just finished up hanging tote storage that put me back about $50. The Amazon kit was $300+. I have some walls to paint then tool storage is next, then redo floors, then custom cabinets/shelves.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
watch some YouTube videos, spend a few hundred at Home Depot on would and build it out your self. All the garage solutions are expensive but 2x4s are cheap.

I just finished up hanging tote storage that put me back about $50. The Amazon kit was $300+. I have some walls to paint then tool storage is next, then redo floors, then custom cabinets/shelves.
I used 2x4 and carriage bolts to garage ceiling so I can screw hook and rod shelving to get stuff of floor.
I bunch of those white/grey 90 shelf support with a 8' board. Holds all my gas cans. Had to take them down to get clearance for boat

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more room you have, the more stuff you have so adding more storage only temporarily solves the problem.
I enjoy making things such as OSB cabinets, welding up things such as a wakeboard/kneeboard wall rack and am going to have to get creative with storage soon seeing the house we're moving to has a 2 car garage, no basement and no outbuildings. We are simplifying our lives and taking only what is needed, nothing more.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I half jokingly said our next house is going to have enough space for me to build a giant workshop and garage. I think I would fill up any size space though.
We had an oversized one car garage with our first house, of 25 years and the cars always stayed outside.

When we moved to a rental townhouse with a standard two car garage, toys stayed inside, cars stayed outside.

Currently have an oversized (24' x 26') two car garage and both cars (trucks) are outside. Garage is currently full of stuff from the move, construction materials to finish house projects, and our three Polaris Aces (single seat UTVs). Hopefully by next Summer, the move stuff, the construction materials will be gone. Hoping to also build a shed for the garden tractor and related stuff as well. When the garage is cleaned up and organized, there should be plenty of room for the Aces, my wife's mid-sized SUV, tools and work benches.

Hoping to see some pics of storage solutions. With 11 1/2' ceilings in the garage, am hoping to see some hanging storage ideas as well.

Jim

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My ceiling in the garage is 14', and these things are great. Each one is 4' x 8'. Not terrible to put up, nice and sturdy if you don't overload them. I just keep mostly once-a-year stuff up there...Halloween on the right and Christmas on the left (mostly empty, since all of those bins with lights and stuff came down yesterday).

1669659301102.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My ceiling in the garage is 14', and these things are great. Each one is 4' x 8'. Not terrible to put up, nice and sturdy if you don't overload them. I just keep mostly once-a-year stuff up there...Halloween on the right and Christmas on the left (mostly empty, since all of those bins with lights and stuff came down yesterday).

View attachment 191550
That’s what I’ve been thinking of doing for more storage area

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you have money to burn like a few of my friends (who don't have boats, now that I think about it) you can get mechanized ones that raise and lower so you don't need to haul out the ladder like I do.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We renovated the kitchen so I could use all the old cabinets in the garage🤣. Then I built an additional workbench on wheels that nests perfectly with the L- shaped counter for when I need to put a second car in the garage with the boat. Pic doesn’t show that but storage and flexibility is awesome. Also be sure to have good party lighting for “garage boating” and I added a hoist in the ceiling to pull motors and pre-load the mother-in-law in the boat before we head out. Just kidding…she doesn’t like boats.
D92891F4-8D89-40A3-AC32-75CA021E148A.jpegBE459D32-28F9-4183-97E4-043F7AEA5944.jpegD3F39A1E-DE46-4521-9562-497C6021FCFE.jpeg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I took the Ryobi shelves back. They were decent quality, the middle shelf was kinda wobbly, but my big issue with them was mounting. They had keyhole mounts, 16" apart so you can hit the studs. Great, except you have to hope your studs are positioned where you want the cabinet. In my case, they weren't.

I ordered some Seville classics ultra hd cabinets from sam's club, they're inexpensive and honestly I'm a big fan of them. They come in flat packed, and sometimes have some impectfections, but the price is right and they're nice. They're made with rivnuts vs being fully welded, so I wouldn't put thousands of pounds in them, but for general garage use, they're fine.

Overall, I'm happy with them. I ordered an extra wide one, and I'm likely going to order their 72" workbench cart as well. Definitely not as cool as the heavy duty husky stuff, the gladiator stuff, etc... But a lot cheaper, and likely just as good in practice.

Last edited:

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got a lot of.progress done lately. I ordered several of the Seville ultra hd wall cabinets and a 72" workbench from them. The workbench is definitely lower end than the offerings from husky, etc nowadays, it doesn't come with soft close slides, adjustable heights, stuff like that, but it's also like 600 bucks, or half the price of the husky and others.

I also added some Amazon 4ft led tubes, an 8 pack was like 45 bucks. They're not the brightest things ever, but they're pretty good for the money and fill out the double side of our 3 car garage well with the added light of one of those deformable led lights with the panels of LEDs.

Overall, very happy with the improvements, organized the space a lot better, and cleaned it up a lot. Need some taller cabinets for che.icals and stuff like that next so I can lock them up from the kiddos.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use a combo of the ryobi wall system, plastic cabinets, racks and soon to be attic storage. It’s tight but my wife gets to keep her car in the garage and I get my man cave (well half of one anyway). Thankfully I have a a large storage shed and two small ones which give me a lot of storage space. Plus I have large side and back yards for the water toys and bikes or would be paying for third party storage space / reducing what I have to store.

the ryobi system is good but not great. $50 for every two wall plates is how it can get expensive quick and it can be challenging to hang tools and such next to each other whether side by side or top to bottom.

looking around my garage of just 6 months, I wouldn’t change a thing. Lots of memories on the walls and shelves. Lots of money as well.
92364AA8-AAB1-4AF3-B874-F762BF08DCE2.jpegD42F776E-10DC-4C3A-8162-F6009B7E8139.jpegAB86700B-B7D4-45ED-BFD4-E5DB8FBC8CBC.jpeg0F17EB18-4AFE-44C0-B3F1-F1ABC674A77D.jpegC3B148D3-AB2B-4BF6-805C-E6CFDA33315C.jpeg2F00DC1A-C25E-4D9F-B359-018584263F8D.jpeg11889F49-D7CB-4C5B-8C36-7AEB8F872FEC.jpeg930D475E-EE6A-4CF1-90AC-EA66876E693F.jpegD9E24E57-CFFE-4440-BB57-DC73EBB529C0.jpeg

Last edited:

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"I dont even have a Garage! you can call home and ask my wife" CDB, Uneasy Rider 🤣